Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which Pathfinder AP should OwlCat adapt next? In your opinion?

In your opinion, which one should be the next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zapotec

Liturgist
Imho Skull & Shackles, this will allow them to put a crappy non-functional pirate system.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
And there is any good horror RPG?
No, which is why I didn't say Carrion Crown. But i wish there was :(

I agree that a good CRPG adaptation of Carrioin Crown would be great. But I don't think that OwlCat can deliver that.

game as complex as 4E.

Woketards made 4E to be easy to get in from WoW players.

How is PF 2e faring?

PF 2e is a awful mix of D&D 5E and D&D 4E hence is AWFUL. The worst thing that OwlCat can make is to go Pf2e. Come on. 2e = Shit. Paizo should have made PF2e more akin to D&D 2e, picking the good aspects of 3E and 2E and mixing it. But no, they who got popularity by not going in Woketard's awful 4E route, decided to ... Copy 4E. Why???

Nathaniel Chapman said:
Horror RPGs are tough because one of the things that makes something terrifying is our reaction to things that are unknown and that we don’t think we can deal with. On the flipside, RPGs generally follow a power fantasy arc where things may be scary at first but as you defeat them, you become more powerful and they lose their ability to frighten you. Making an enemy or enemies that remain scary in the long term throughout a game while maintaining the core RPG power fantasy is very tricky. I think there are a few games that have done a pretty good job at taking steps to merge the two (System Shock 2 is probably the best example I can think of) but I haven’t really seen a standout example yet.

Yep. This is why in ocean house quest of VtMB, your firearms and vampiric disciplines are worthless vs the ghost. If you could just kill him, the area would't be a good horror area. And the investigation of the death mask is way better than merely killing then.

wrath was enough for me to stop caring about pathfinder and owlcat.

Even iif their next game become less bloated? I mean, I liked Wrath a bit but Wrath is too bloated even for high level D&D standards. In HotU, Mephistopheles is a enemy where you spend a entire chapter getting information and his true name to have a tinny small chance of victory. In WoTR, he is a random enemy in a random Azata quest. You fight so many devil kings and demon lords in this game that they fell like a generic enemy. And that is the greatest problem of high level D&D, a lot of iconic enemies become cakewalk, hordes of the underdark trivialized mindflayers, beholders and a dracolich cult, but this is the first game who trivialized freaking demon lords. If there was Tarrasques in this game, I'm pretty sure that they would be a cakewalk in chapter 3.

If was up to me, the entire first chapter would be the party took as slaves and trying to survive, escape and use guerrilla tactics vs the much stronger demons. A demon lord would't even appear till the very late stages of the game and like in Shattered Lands, your objective in late stages would be to get allies to fight the much stronger enemy. After the demon lord is destroyed, the worldwound would close.

Imho Skull & Shackles, this will allow them to put a crappy non-functional pirate system.

A ship naval combat can be interesting IF is not dissociated from the gameplay poe2 style. Just my opinion.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
If faggots have taken over the hobby to such a degree as you claim then we've already lost. Might as well close the Gazebo.

The good point about RPGs is that you don't need mainstream support to play games.
1. You can use old material until the end of infinity. You need new cRPG releases because you can play the sames shit over and over again only so many times before going insane. On the other hand you can play one RPG that doesn't get new material for years, decades even.
2. Everyone can publish RPGs. Don't like blacks and Jews? Play Myfagor game made by Varg Vikernes (don't actually do that). Hate SJW? Play a game made by a guy who spends his every waking hour bitching about SJWs.
3. This is the cuckold option but you can easily fix shitty woke material, which cannot be said about cRPGs. Unwoking WoTR would take months or even years depending on how trough you'd want to be. Running the campaign and removing all the woke shit would be trivial.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom