Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which RPG has the best music?

vendetta

Novice
mm..

On the RPG's side, what all you keffers said. But I'd add:

-Total Annihilation

For the worst:

-Oblivion
-NWN
-Railroad Tycoon 2

Relayer71

Liturgist
PC RPGs:

Icewind Dale
Planescape: Torment
Arcanum
Divine Divinity
BG2

Console RPGs:

Blood Omen: Legacy Of Kain
Final Fantasy V & VI (amazing scores considering the technology used).
Final Fantasy Tactics

Couldn't think of anymore at the moment, these are the most memorable.

If I had to pick ONE it would probably be Icewind Dale's (although PS:T's would be close).

Solohk

Scholar
If we're mentioning other genres I have to submit Hell March from C&C RA1.

Also, if there's one thing Squaresoft did right, it was making some of the best MIDIs ever created for SNES games. Crono Trigger, FF6, Secret of Mana, all had some great stuff.

Callaxes

Arbiter
The only song that ever managed to project a feeling inside me was the "towns" track from Arcanum.

Jasede said:
You should listen to more music.

Not just him.

Come on guys! Music is not just an art, it's an armonic connection with your soul. Go and listen to everything you didn't listen before, you can thank me alter.

fastpunk

Arbiter
I'd have to say NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer. Go to the game's site and select track 5 in the mini player at the bottom of the page. If that isn't beautiful I don't know what is. The whole soundtrack is just superb; Alex Brandon and Womb Music make a very good team.

Solohk

Scholar
Now that you mention it, MotB had great music at the title screen, but nothing else really stood out in my opinion.

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
The World Ends With You has some awesome music, that really portrays the feel of being surrounded by people.

Also, Shadowrun SNES.

Once the pipes kick in.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Arcanum and Fallout both had great soundtracks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom