Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Which RPG Should I Play Next #5

Which one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
1. Kenshi
2. S2: Silent Storm
3. ATOM: Trudograd
4. SKALD: Against the Black Priory
5. Colony Ship
6. Titan Outpost
7. Avadon: The Black Fortress
8. King Arthur: Knights Tale
9. HORSE CLUB ADVENTURES
10. Islands of the Caliph
11. Drakan: The Ancients' Gates
12. Felvidek
13. Tactics Ogre Reborn
14. Dread Delusion
15. Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate: Demon Hunters

Last edited:

Fargus

Arcane
Skald is new and co-dexers here think its not trash.

Trupograd expansion since you already liked Atom.

Silent Storm is good shit.

The rest of this list is :|

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
Skald is new and co-dexers here think its not trash.

Trupograd expansion since you already liked Atom.

Silent Storm is good shit.

The rest of this list is :|
I think HORSE CLUB ADVENTURES will be pretty lit

agris

Arcane
Patron
Glad to see you gave Dungeon Rats its due.

You mentioned something about action adventures, are the Gothics off the table for you? Gothic 1 - if you haven’t played it - is an obvious choice. Also tacticool stuff like Silent Storm.

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
stop being a pussy and go play kenshi and do the slave start. the final successful liberation is excellent feels since you have to work so hard for it. bonus points for setting the injuries to 'high' during game creation.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron

You mentioned something about action adventures, are the Gothics off the table for you? Gothic 1 - if you haven’t played it - is an obvious choice. Also tacticool stuff like Silent Storm.
Don't take that paragraph too serious. But yes, I've played every Gothic and Risen and Elex game and I find them to be very prestigious. Except for Elex 2.

Cogemesiter

Novice
It’s a roguelike but if you enjoy buildfag games it doesn’t get much better than Path of Achra.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
5. Death Knights of Krynn (Completed) :4/5: I really think dnd peaked at 1st edition.
Since you enjoyed Death Knights of Krynn, you should be playing more Gold Box games (or close descendants, such as the two Dark Sun games). Though Kenshi is also a quality game and currently leading your poll.

Q5KzHZb.jpg

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
5. Death Knights of Krynn (Completed) :4/5: I really think dnd peaked at 1st edition.
Since you enjoyed Death Knights of Krynn, you should be playing more Gold Box games (or close descendants, such as the two Dark Sun games). Though Kenshi is also a quality game and currently leading your poll.

Q5KzHZb.jpg
Zed buddy, Gold Box rules but in the last year alone I've played through 4 gold box games and they're all pretty much the same. I need a break.

agris

Arcane
Patron

Don't take that paragraph too serious. But yes, I've played every Gothic and Risen and Elex game and I find them to be very prestigious. Except for Elex 2.
When you play silent storm, use the fix from my sig

Gandalf

Arbiter
From the list of...
  • ATOM: Trudograd
  • Avadon: The Black Fortress
  • Colony Ship
  • The Cursed Crusade
  • Demonicon
  • Drakan: The Ancients' Gates
  • Dread Delusion
  • Enclave
  • Felvidek
  • HORSE CLUB ADVENTURES
  • Islands of the Caliph
  • Kenshi
  • King Arthur: Knights Tale
  • Life Eater
  • S2: Silent Storm
  • Skald: Against the Black Priory
  • Tactics Ogre Reborn
  • Titan Outpost
  • Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate: Daemon Hunters
  • Baldurr's Gayte 3 (KC)
I would play...

Titan Outpost, Skald: AtBP, ATOM: Trudograd, Kenshi, S2: Silent Storm and maybe Tactics Ogre Reborn to spice things up with this kind of strategy game and Drakan to have some old school clunky action game going on.

I based this list on the games I know and already played. The games I do no know anything practical about are: Colony Ship, The Cursed Crusade, Demonicon, Felvidek, HORSE CLUB ADVENTURES, Life Eater, Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate: Daemon Hunters, Baldur's Gate 3.

The games not mentioned in those two lists above are secondary options to play, with maybe King Arthur's: Knights Tale being worth giving a go in the first place and Avadon: TBF and Dread Delusion being not worth a time.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
close descendants, such as the two Dark Sun games
The first one especially. I lament the fact that the Dark Sun games aren't playable with DOSBox on my New 2DS XL. I'd also kill for a more modern version of Dark Sun with the 3.5E ruleset, but I doubt any modern developer would do it justice.
Though Kenshi is also a quality game and currently leading your poll.
Kenshi is easily the best CRPG in recent years.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
close descendants, such as the two Dark Sun games
The first one especially. I lament the fact that the Dark Sun games aren't playable with DOSBox on my New 2DS XL. I'd also kill for a more modern version of Dark Sun with the 3.5E ruleset, but I doubt any modern developer would do it justice.
Though Kenshi is also a quality game and currently leading your poll.
Kenshi is easily the best CRPG in recent years.
The first Dark Sun game won by a landslide on my first poll, but the second Dark Sun was abandoned because of an egregious amount of bugs encountered within the first 2 hours of gameplay.

Considering the first game started seizing up and shooting bolts across the room near the end of the game like a malfunctioning steam engine, I can't even imagine what the second game would be like near the end.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
Are you using a Skald avatar and haven't played it?
Is this from Skald? I was just scrolling through avatars and stumbled upon this guy. He is a perfect visual representation of my attitude and state of mind, so even if the game sucks at least it produced this avatar for me.

Gandalf

Arbiter
Are you using a Skald avatar and haven't played it?
Is this from Skald? I was just scrolling through avatars and stumbled upon this guy. He is a perfect visual representation of my attitude and state of mind, so even if the game sucks at least it produced this avatar for me.
It's from Alpha version or soemthing like that. I wonder what Brom the Barkeep look like in the current one or if he is still in the game. Haven't seen him yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom