Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

System Shock Wild Bastards - sequel to Void Bastards

Spukrian

Savant
I knew they were working on something because I saw they had made some job postings but I didn't think they were this far ahead

Looks very good!

Ash

Arcane
Void Bastards was pretty good for what it was, nice lighthearted System Shock roguelite, so I am glad to see more from them. I am disappointed by the setting though. Not that I dislike westerners or western games, but with a low indie budget it is for sure better to think abstract or unfamiliar settings, for obvious reasons, and IDK I just don't find Wild West that engaging or interesting for video games, especially when it's been done quite a lot by this point. Hopefully they go truly wild with it, or cross it with another setting. I don't want to be looking at varying shades of orange the entire time.

Still, will likely pick it up if all goes well.

Trithne

Erudite
Well it's space wild west and your posse is mostly some form of undead it seems.

VonMiskov

Educated
Looks bad. Especially with that slowass gamepad movement in the trailer.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Like everyone nowadays, they have a discord. The FAQ isn't that remarkable but I did see this gem:
How will the choices you make in game compare to Void Bastards?
Just as in Void Bastards, there are a lot of choices to make in Wild Bastards. You’ll need to choose how to grow and develop your outlaws, which outlaws are best to take down to a planet, how to equip those outlaws with your mods and where and when to start showdowns. And just as in Void Bastards, you need to decide how far to push your luck looting whilst keeping an eye on the imminent arrival of hostile forces that are on your tail.
Love that. The pressure to finish a mission was very well balanced in VB and one of my favorite design elements.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
It looked a little stiff in the trailer, but I enjoyed Void Bastards, so I'll probably get this when it comes out.

Trithne

Erudite
Too much focus on the planet map, the shooting sections feel like an afterthought. The enjoyable aspects of Void Bastards was making on the fly changes to your plan based on the state of the ship, whereas this looks like you spend most of your time moving around a map, with the occasional arena interspersed.

Spukrian

Savant
The shooting sections do indeed feel small and short, but I think there will be larger ones, just like Void Bastards had different sizes of ships. They also look easy but Void Bastards had difficulty levels and I assume this will as well.

I do think the friendship/feud system looks very interesting!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom