Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will Capcom remake Resident Evil 5?

911 Jumper

Learned

911 Jumper

Learned
Who are they and why should I trust them?
Prominent ResetEra member usually associated with leaking info from what I understand.
Andy Robinson of VGC, one of the big game news sites, appears to also agree with the info in the posts.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Code Veronica makes the most sense. It was the game that reintroduced Wesker as a villain. But I fully expect a RE 5 Remake at some point. It just seems inevitable at this point.

AestheticGamer/Dusk Golem is a big Resident Evil leaker. Whenever I’ve been bringing up leaked information on RE games, outside of the big leak that came from the 2020 Capcom hack, the information has come from Dusk Golem. I think he’s been leaking stuff since the Nemesis remake... maybe the RE2 remake, but I think he was the one to leak Nemesis.

911 Jumper

Learned

IGN also now backing up CV and Zero info, so it seems these are the next two RE games being remade.

ultimanecat

Arcane
Those two games both have the weirdest Japanese story shit of the entire series - C:V introduced Matrix Wesker and Leo DiCaprio and tranny villain (lol good luck with that in current year) and goofy “Umbrella is actually run by a single evil old European noble family that still lives in castles and manors”. Zero kept that stuff and then had the villain controlling leeches while opera singing and dressing in a kimono.

What I’m saying is these two games are dumb. RE’s story was never high art but I’m not sure how you put this stuff in the RE Engine with scanned actors and whatnot.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Zero is genuinely one of the most unnecessary prequels ever. We already learn in RE1 that the other S.T.A.R.S team encountered bioweapons and all got killed except Rebecca, why did Capcom feel the need to make a whole game to tell her story?

Gerrard

Arcane
Prominent ResetEra member
Yikes

IBskV8G.png

The problem with quitting forever.

Tehdagah

Arcane
2/3 of Resident Evil inputs nowadays are remakes. Well, at least they will fix the hardlocking issue in Code Veronica I guess.

JDR13

Arcane
If they Remake 0 then i hope they add a storage box to it as it's absence is one of the most annoying aspects of the original.
I never liked the storage boxes tbh. It always bugged me that items magically teleported between them. They should have just given us larger inventories.

Tehdagah

Arcane
"RE5 Remake was in pre-production, but was ultimately shelved (not cancelled) until Capcom can figure out how to handle the racism controversy."

Tehdagah

Arcane
Coop bros, we are back!

RESIDENT EVIL ZERO REMAKE

-Resident Evil 0 Remake has been in development at M2 since 2023.

-Partner Zapping System returns.

-The game will have online coop.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom