Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will you play DA2?

Will you play DA2?

• Yes, I will buy and play it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will play it, but no moneys for bioturd!

• I will buy it to take a dump on it <kingcomrade>

• Total voters

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So... how many of you actually want to play it?

As for myself I will definitely not buy nor play it. After the demo I'm sure this is one of the worst cRPGs ever. Hell, perhaps even worse than Oblivion, though still incomparable to ArcaniA.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Before trying the demo I'd thought about not removing from the inventory and giving it a go just for shits and giggles, bad plot, worse dialogues, worst romances. Just to be sure it's crap, maybe something went so wrong it's actually playable?

And then, I downloaded the demo. HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS CRAP WAS SO ENOMOURNOUS AND STINKING I PUKED ALL OVER MY HOUSE AND THE FUCKING STENCH CAN STILL BE CAUGHT IN THE AIR DESPITE THE FAKT THAT I FORMATTED MY DISKS THREE TIMES AND ALL THE WINDOWS ARE OPEN FORTY EIGHT HOURS A GODDAMN DAY AND I TELL YA BROS ITS FUCKING FREEZING HERE IN ICEPOTAETOLAND FUCK BIOWARE BIOFAG BIOWHORE FUCK FUCK FUCK THEIR OVERWEIGHT ASSES AND THEIR MORON DUMBFUCK HALFWIT SHITEATING PISSDRINKING FARTSMELLING FANGIMPS

Oesophagus

Arcane
I shall steal it, play it at least seven times, then hang myself on a lamp while wearing makeup and masturbating.

I couldn't even finish the demo despite being one of the bigger Biowhores on the Codex. It just feels bad through and through, and at this point I'm not even interested in not removing it from inventory. I still won't say "never gonna play it" though since I went back to games I hated first and enjoyed them, but DA2... I dunno mang.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Well, it looks like shit. Plays like shit. It isn't an RPG. It's probably Bioware's worst game to date. I won't play it. No chance in hell. I'm ignoring its existence. It's a travesty, really.

Oesophagus

Arcane
but he's a good choice, he's a hardened veteran of arcania after all

He's not a hardened veteran. He's a wounded veteran, an LP of DA2 would probablly kill him

so yeah, he should do it

Seolas

Liturgist
Yeah I will, I pre-ordered it long ago based on actually enjoying the first in many respects. After the demo I facepalmed but am too lazy to go through Steam's pre-order cancel process and am curious to see if it really can be as bad as the demo suggests.

Dele

Liturgist
I'll play it because i got too much free time and i can settle for the gaming equivalent of eating shit to pass time.

Raapys

Arcane
I won't play it and I won't read another stupid DA2 thread.

Deleted member 7219

I hated the demo. Really hated it. But this is Bioware, and I will still try the real thing. I've liked every RPG they've made except for the original BG.

tehRPness

Educated
I wish it just was playable enough to play through just to make fun of it and grumble about RPGs dying.

Either I have horrible taste or just too much free time, but I've played, Gears of War, Fallout Tactics, the Jedi Knight games that only clinically insane fanboys would ever touch, and I'll even play ME3.

Yet DA2 is so utter filthy fucking shit that it *should* be insulting to its players' intelligence, and I think even loading up the full version would make me feel like I was part of the decline. I would have to go Yakuza and dice off digits for every shitty line of dialogue or shitty red particle effect I see. And then hang myself while masturbating, but mostly for the lulz.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
" I won't read another stupid DA2 thread."

Yeah, but you'll read the good ones.. I know how loop holes work, dude, and no way does one post on the Codex without reading a BIo game focused thread. LMFAO

Actually, I think I won't be able to resist seeing that level of retarded for myself. LPs and reviews just won't kill a part of me the same way.
I'm not sure how far into the game my sanity will survive, but that's something me and my philanthropy just have to do.

Gosling said:
Who will write the official review: VD, Darth Roxor or Andyman?
VD is a dev, now, he just can't be that negative about games, anymore. That's just how it works.
Andyman hearted DAO, in general. Yes, that was a sad day, but noone can go through Final Fantasy and come out unscathed.
That only leaves DR, but all I remember of his are a few LPs. You know, since noone reads his reviews.
So, my vote goes for Volly. I kid you not. I think everyone would agree: that review would be all kinds of epic. :thumbsup:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
My asking price is too high so Codex would never hire me for their 'prestigious' mag.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I refuse to play the shit Demo. I eagerly await the LP thread of DA II. That's it. Good job Laidlaw.

Risen 2 bitches! That's all I care about now.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Jaesun said:
Risen 2 bitches! That's all I care about now.
And ME3 :smug:

Don't even try to deny it.

On topic, I've been trying to vote since the day the poll was made, but I can't. Part of me actually wants to not physically remove the game from an inventory and see for myself, but most of me is trying to preserve my sanity by silencing the dissender and settling for watching the LP.

Multi-headed Cow

I'll not remove it from an inventory at least. The first Bioware game for me to do so, which is a pretty alarming decline. Sorta like Starcraft 2 was the first Blizzard game I didn't fork money out for.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Hmm, that is surprizing. Far more votes for buy and torrent than I would have expected. Influx of fanbio-trolls? Or is that explanation too easy?
Would have liked a "maybe"-option. I'll probably acquire it, but I'm not sure. It depends on whether I have free time and whether or not I have better alternatives at that time...

T-T

Novice
Yeah, I'll play it. Not sure about spending my money on it though. It's funny, the fact that it's receiving non-perfect scores from mainstream "game journalists" actually gives me some stupid hope. Same thing with the characters being hailed as "less interesting" than those in DA1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom