Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher Witcher 1 remake from The Thaumaturge devs

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We know she lives until old age and becomes a professor of medicine at Oxenfurt.
I only read up to Baptism of Fire and the two compilations of short stories. Regardless, I'd have retconned it anyway. It's a nice bit of trivia but not terribly significant, and preventing the robbery of player agency is more important imo.
Wait didn't she die to the red plague thing or was that someone else.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
We know she lives until old age and becomes a professor of medicine at Oxenfurt.
I only read up to Baptism of Fire and the two compilations of short stories. Regardless, I'd have retconned it anyway. It's a nice bit of trivia but not terribly significant, and preventing the robbery of player agency is more important imo.
Wait didn't she die to the red plague thing or was that someone else.
Nah, it was not Shani. However the plague took two of her dear friends, with whom she formed a team of field medics during the battle of Brenna.

The plague itself is quite interesting because it was involuntarily caused by Ciri jumping between worlds, when she was searching for a way home.

Catriona plague​

Catriona, named after the Nilfgaardian ship that brought it to the Northern Kingdoms, is a disease which is extremely similar to the Bubonic plague and is, in fact, the Bubonic plague. It also became known as the Red Death.

History​

During her escape from the world of Aen Elle, Ciri traveled through the time-space continuum and one of her stops was probably medieval Europe in our world during the plague epidemic in the 14th century. She entered a port town which could be Genoa or some other Mediterranean port. She was immediately repelled by the place because there were the corpses of people and animals lying in the streets.
There were also many burned buildings marked by white crosses and many fleas. She escaped to another point in the time-space continuum, but before she was able to do so, a few fleas stuck to her jacket. Her next stop was another unnamed port town. She was able to discern that the port lays in Nilfgaard. She decided to quickly leave this place as well, but just before the next time-space jump, one of the surviving fleas jumped from her jacket and made itself comfortable on an old sewer-rat. This rat boarded an old dirty hulk which set sail that very evening for Cintra. The name of the hulk was Catriona. Later in the Saga, there is small note about a dying tomcat who had caught a rat which left that hulk.
A year after the Battle of Brenna, the Red Death reached the city of Maribor, in the largest outbreak of the disease up to that point. Most of the physicians and priests fled the city during the epidemic, likely exacerbating the situation. Among those who stayed were Milo "Rusty" Vanderbeck and Iola the Second, who treated the diseased, undeterred by the lack of a cure. They both became infected. Rusty died in Iola's arms, and Iola died alone four days later.

Camel

Scholar
If they don’t censor it bowing to our woke overlords, I’ll buy the game third time.

Camel

Scholar
tfw they model the new Triss after her actress from the show
This is your Sorceress lodge by Netflix.
FbML63NXoAATChq-768x614.jpeg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'll only be tempted to make one comment on the show in this thread: Flaming Feminist Lauren Shmidth Hissrich spent over 3 years to turn the Witcher Netflix series into a show about the coming of age stories of Ciri (teh speshul gurl) and Yennefer (the ugly duckling turned kween), and by-the-way also about their highschool dream boyfriend.

Yet Cavill, the only real actor in this project, naturally became the centerpiece and the reason people - both men and women - sat to watch, often suffering through the Ciri and Yennefer segments of the episodes. The disparity in what the main cast brought to their characters was so big that it was like Cavill was acting in a different show altogether which was then added onto Hissrich's crap.

And now after all the futile efforts of mediocre writers and producers, it's Cavill's leaving which signals the show's death. In surprise reveal for Hissrich and her team of creative non-entities - no one ever cared about a show (yet another one) dealing with girls' anxieties under a fantasy coat of paint. People just wanted action, and the action hero is leaving the building. Thank God, the sun is setting on the "woke age" in pop culture.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
W1 had:
-best music in the series
-best alchemy system
-interesting quest design, especially the chapter spanning investigation in Act 2
-amazing atmosphere
-best story in the series

And you can bet they'll fuck all these things up in the remake. Some characters will turn black or LGBT, quest markers will be everywhere, the act 2 investigation will be overly simplified. At the same time, they'll probably ignore the bad parts of the original, like poor itemization and annoying enemy design.

And this masterpiece will probably be "remade" as well:

Oh, I was wondering where this song was from. A place I used to frequent used this music in the background and I really liked it but couldn't identify which RPG it was from, which was unusual because I played so many.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Henry Cavill leaving this trash series is a good thing. I heard Liam Hemsworth will replace him.
Just let this shit series die already.
I am fucking sick of Netflix nigger adaptations. We already have Witcher books and games.

pickmeister

Learned
People watching the show for Cavill have low standards.

I suffered through a half of season 1 laughing constantly seeing how bad it is.

Instead of indifferent and emotionless he constantly looked and sounded annoyed. His witcher voice sounded more like a Batman. They could hire Doug Cockle to dub him over instead. And to have a physique like a witcher, he’d have to get off roids first. It’s difficult for me to believe that someone built like a fuckin tank can be agile and nimble swordsman.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Instead of indifferent and emotionless he constantly looked and sounded annoyed. His witcher voice sounded more like a Batman. They could hire Doug Cockle to dub him over instead. And to have a physique like a witcher, he’d have to get off roids first. It’s difficult for me to believe that someone built like a fuckin tank can be agile and nimble swordsman.
https://decider.com/2022/10/31/why-is-henry-cavill-leaving-the-witcher/

AwesomeButton

Patron
Before we had gems like Rings of Power and Wheel of Time, The Witcher was the show I watched for laughs. Cavill's Geralt was what made it possible to suffer through, although by the end of season 2 the sillyness of the plot was getting too much even for the expectations I was approaching it with.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

Well yeah, but Hissrich needs a chiseled Adonis to make her pussy wet, the canonical lanky, ugly, freaky-looking Geralt won't do it.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Before we had gems like Rings of Power and Wheel of Time, The Witcher was the show I watched for laughs. Cavill's Geralt was what made it possible to suffer through, although by the end of season 2 the sillyness of the plot was getting too much even for the expectations I was approaching it with.

Remember kids, an ironic view is still a view and it contrubutes towards more of similar garbage being made.

If you absolutely have to punish your neurons, then at least do it on the Seven Seas, yarrrrr.

AwesomeButton

Patron

Remember kids, an ironic view is still a view and it contrubutes towards more of similar garbage being made.

If you absolutely have to punish your neurons, then at least do it on the Seven Seas, yarrrrr.
Lol, you think I would subscribe for prime and netflix? :D

Also, I'm likely significantly older than you ;)

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
probably handpicked by the fat cuck himself tho

Nah, this screams of a casting director who is a 6/10 woman feeling insecure and jealous around other actually hot women. Fat fuck had his titular character slay some supreme pussy despite being an uggo, and the plain Jane Jewesses running the show are doing some very obvious role reversal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom