Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher Witcher 1 remake from The Thaumaturge devs

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
tfw they model the new Triss after her actress from the show
This is your Sorceress lodge by Netflix.
FbML63NXoAATChq-768x614.jpeg
Look at all those blak numibian queenz!
Can't wait to play Witcher 4: We wuz witcherzz 'n shieeet.
The casting is shit but I would have nothing against those two thots in the lower left engaging in some tasteful onscreen lesbomancy. My favorite type of magic.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
It's funny how on multiple occassions CDPR made a game about "tough moral choices", and said choice was picking between an awesome bro and a pompous twat.
It's the same in W2. Broche is a great dude, Iorveth a twat. And yet the non-human half of Act 2 is longer, provides more context to the story and even some more exp levels I think.
Eh
Unlike Yaevinn, I don't think Iorveth was a bad character
The problem with Iorveth is that throughout Act 1, since he's a "villain", you're constantly shown the worst of him. Which naturally makes Roche the guy most people are going to side with in their 1st playthough (perhaps that's even the point since Iorveth's side is the one that sheds light on various plot shenanigans of Act 2 and 3)
But siding with him shows a different face to his character
He could still be a cunt sure, but also you see that he is honorable and even somewhat just - unexpected from a guy that supposedly hates hummies
And I would say that by the end he has more character development than Roche - Iorveth's respect for Geralt changes his view on Humans, while Roche just switches political factions

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
We know she lives until old age and becomes a professor of medicine at Oxenfurt.
I only read up to Baptism of Fire and the two compilations of short stories. Regardless, I'd have retconned it anyway. It's a nice bit of trivia but not terribly significant, and preventing the robbery of player agency is more important imo.
Wait didn't she die to the red plague thing or was that someone else.
Her mentor did.

Semiurge

Cipher
And then CDPR repeated the same mistake by giving the player multiple significant decisions to make in TW2 (siding with Roche or Iorveth, saving Triss or Foltest's kids, killing Saskia or letting her live), and then disregarding all of them again in TW3.

I still stand by my assesment that these massively game altering decisions were a mistake. Nothing of value would've been lost if the game instead had an extra chapter set in Vergen after the Kaedweni camp. The latter could've served as a deliciously dark overture to Vergen, with the Vergen battle serving as the climax before the final chapter. As the game is now, there's unfortunately no way the quests of those middle chapters could be overhauled professionally, even if certain key voice lines be created with the use of AI. The current REDKit or whatever probably couldn't make this kind of feat possible even if the dialogue lines were ready.

Siegfried not appearing if you took the neutral path sounds like a bug tho.

It's possible that one of the static cutscenes with narration mention that he died in the hands of nonhumans during the riots even if you didn't kill him personally. Pretty disappointing but still possible, although I don't remember seeing that during my last neutral playthrough. If not, then there's absolutely no reason for him to not be in Witcher 2.

Why on earth did they go through the trouble of modelling and voicing him only to include him for the minority who both allied with the order and imported a save?

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Might look into it because it sounds like a bug and it gives me an excuse to replay the game. Might be easily fixable by just flipping a flag in the save before importing it.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
netflix jennefer grew on me in 2nd season, where she is running in road attire

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
tfw they model the new Triss after her actress from the show
This is your Sorceress lodge by Netflix.
FbML63NXoAATChq-768x614.jpeg
Is it just me or do streetshitters have an air about them, that there's something 'off', that they're not even human? I keep getting that by looking at the awful "Yennefer" brown skank. It's similar to what many people get with male trannies.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Surely not 1

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom