Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Video leaked

bhlaab

Erudite
I'm playing it at 1680x1050 windows xp. But I can set it to 640x480 and it runs about the same.

dragonfk

Erudite
bhlaab said:
I'm playing it at 1680x1050 windows xp. But I can set it to 640x480 and it runs about the same.

Proof that's not hardware related. Is it a clean install of win xp?

bhlaab

Erudite
dragonfk said:
bhlaab said:

Proof that's not hardware related. Is it a clean install of win xp?

Fairly clean. I had to do a complete format of my c: drive last month because of some hard drive issues.

Licaon_Kter

Augur
bhlaab said:
oops, my mistake, that was another user
anyway, get the latest DirectX from August 2009: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... 712d553#tm

any antivirus running? game patched to 1.5? TAGES removed?

oh, but my previous statement is correct, that CPU kills your video card, can you do a 3DMark2006 test on default so we can compare your results ? ( post the general score and the 3 separate SM2/SM3/CPU scores )

DraQ

Arcane
Gerrard said:
You're one of those "human eye can't see above 25FPS" people, huh?
No. But 25 FPS is perfectly good for any decent entertainment. It takes about 60 for a game to be ultra smooth, but complaining about not having this 60FPS is like complaining that Fallout sucks because it doesn't have bloom.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I'm with DraQ here, if it doesn't drop from 20 fps it's perfectly playable, more FPS makes it smoother but it doesn't really makes a difference in gameplay.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So CDProjekt RED are using an in-house engine now? I wonder if their team have had any prior experience in developing one. Hope it won't be horribly buggy.

DraQ said:
Gerrard said:
No. But 25 FPS is perfectly good for any decent entertainment. It takes about 60 for a game to be ultra smooth, but complaining about not having this 60FPS is like complaining that Fallout sucks because it doesn't have bloom.

Yes, I'm happy when my games get 20-30 FPS because they're fully playable. Anything above that is obviously welcome, but not necessary.

1eyedking

Erudite
DraQ said:
Gerrard said:
Fuck you. I like playing games, not fucking slideshows.

DraQ

Arcane
1eyedking said:
DraQ said:
Gerrard said:
Fuck you. I like playing games, not fucking slideshows.
FPS whore.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
treave said:
I wonder if their team have had any prior experience in developing one.
They like totally didn't rewritten Aurora so it worked properly.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Lesifoere said:
I maintain that it can be no worse than Aurora.

WhiskeyWolf said:
They like totally didn't rewritten Aurora so it worked properly.

I'm ashamed to admit that I did not play Neverwinter Nights 1.

Were the improvements just graphical or did they, like, totally rework almost everything in the engine until only the name was left, or, should I, like, just go check out those old developer diaries instead of sitting here like the fat scum that I am waiting for people to feed me answers?

Lesifoere

Liturgist
treave said:
Were the improvements just graphical or did they, like, totally rework almost everything in the engine until only the name was left, or, should I, like, just go check out those old developer diaries instead of sitting here like the fat scum that I am waiting for people to feed me answers?

The UI was completely changed, the graphics were thoroughly revamped. So were the camera, controls, and D&D rules and basically almost nothing recognizable of Aurora was left.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom