Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Wizardry 8 Enhancements - A Call to Arms!

uaciaut

Augur
Hey, first off thanks for the mod, i've been enjoying it so far.

Second off i've encountered some differences between the changes reported to items in your .pdf readme and the actual items. So far
- Cutlass of the Damned is only a primary weapon, not secondary as well
- Axe of many runes does not modify the "to hit" stat at all. I did, however, edit this item in with an editor i was playing around with (not the case for the cutlass, i actually found that in my normal game), but i doubt it's the editor that's interfering with anything since all the other stats seem to be in place.

uaciaut

Augur
Also
- No-dachi is still a 2 handed weapon (rather than 1 handed like your readme states)
sidenote: i still don't get why i can't edit my own posts atm

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
I will look into all reported issues, I only commented on the No-dachi for being an exception.

uaciaut

Augur
Ah, okay thanks. There's this little mod i found called Cosmic Forge, been wondering if i should try to use them to fix said items to the value they're supposed to be at.

uaciaut

Augur
Beastslayer axe is primary weapon only as well, not secondary too as per your readme.

Also not directly related to your mod butt he Ankh of Sanctity works only with priests, bishops and monks, wouldn't it be normal for lords to be able to wear it as well?

uaciaut

Augur
My antivirus started seeing CFinjector as a threat today, didn't do that until now, any clue as to why that is/has it happened to anyone else?

uaciaut

Augur
My antivirus started seeing CFinjector as a threat today, didn't do that until now, any clue as to why that is/has it happened to anyone else?
AV can interpret funky techniques used for modding games not meant to be modded as viral behaviour.

I know, but i found it particularly weird because it's been a week since i modded my game and it only started acting up now

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
At one point i was forced to uninstall AVG as it was suspecting my own creations way too often.

I'm getting the feeling that any .exe that hasn't got a big company certificate will be considered malware by a large portions of AVs, just to be on the safe side. AV software is plagued by so many false positives it's becoming useless for more and more people.
My stats after ~1 year with AVG - 0 actual detections, about 50 false positives, most being .exe files compiled on this very machine..

uaciaut

Augur
That was a mistake on my part. You are lucky you found the random one in the box.

I meant to swap pTorch and X-Ray Chip, but placed two pTorches instead. Fixing.
Might as well remove the random one then.
I found the chip inside a wooden box filled with rocket ammo. Didn't seem random.

Where exactly did you find this?

Also potentially a classic Wizardry 8 bug - when i talk to Sgt Rubble in the firing range (upper mt gigas caves) he sames the same line from the end of the initial training mission "no time for chit-chat girls" and then doesn't say anything else. Any clue how to fix this?

WaltC333

Novice
At one point i was forced to uninstall AVG as it was suspecting my own creations way too often.

I'm getting the feeling that any .exe that hasn't got a big company certificate will be considered malware by a large portions of AVs, just to be on the safe side. AV software is plagued by so many false positives it's becoming useless for more and more people.
My stats after ~1 year with AVG - 0 actual detections, about 50 false positives, most being .exe files compiled on this very machine..

Been using MSE for years (it's free) on a number of machines and OSes, with great results, imo. I've caught a handful of nasties (5-6, mostly Java-related as you'd expect, and all of them made dormant through normal Windows patching), and -0- false positives. I like that...;) MSE has a very, very light footprint and is by far the least intrusive of any AV program I've ever used. I've looked at AVG on a number of installations and it's far too invasive and heavy handed for my tastes. MSE--highly recommended.

Izuela

Literate
That was a mistake on my part. You are lucky you found the random one in the box.

I meant to swap pTorch and X-Ray Chip, but placed two pTorches instead. Fixing.
Might as well remove the random one then.
I found the chip inside a wooden box filled with rocket ammo. Didn't seem random.

Where exactly did you find this?

I can't recall exactly. It was inside mt gigas, can't recall which level, so you need a level 3 (or is it 5?) keycard to get there. In one of those tiny little side cave rooms. Think it might have been one of those you have to break down a wall to get into. Anyway, it was inside a wooden crate, not a normal chest. Filled with rocket launcher ammo.

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
If all else fails, use Cosmic Forge to locate it. Select the chip in the Item Editor. On the right there is a list of its placements in the game world. You can double click the container and see where exactly it is. You can find anything except a few script-placed items this way.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Sophos is reporting a trojan. Could be a false positive but I'll let someone else confirm or deny.

WaltC333

Novice
Sophos is reporting a trojan. Could be a false positive but I'll let someone else confirm or deny.

Microsoft Security Exchange (standard in Win8/8.1, downloadable direct from Microsoft for Win7/Vista/XP, and Free) clears it just fine. If your AV program is giving you false positives, get rid of it because it probably won't catch all the true positives, either.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

Microsoft Security Exchange (standard in Win8/8.1, downloadable direct from Microsoft for Win7/Vista/XP, and Free) clears it just fine. If your AV program is giving you false positives, get rid of it because it probably won't catch all the true positives, either.

A package not detecting an issue does not make it the package to choose. Alerting based on generic attributes of a file (in this case, the installer package having been reported by the hive as frequently used in delivering malicious payloads), is quite an acceptable warning. Seeing as the file was minutes old when I downloaded it, caution is not a bad idea.

WaltC333

Novice

A package not detecting an issue does not make it the package to choose. Alerting based on generic attributes of a file (in this case, the installer package having been reported by the hive as frequently used in delivering malicious payloads), is quite an acceptable warning. Seeing as the file was minutes old when I downloaded it, caution is not a bad idea.

I don't blame you--but when an AV program is wrong it's just wrong. Period. No need excusing it for generating a false positive. I think MSE is a lot better, but that's just my opinion, of course. At any rate since you know it's a false positive it's not a big deal...this time...;)

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron

I don't blame you--but when an AV program is wrong it's just wrong. Period. No need excusing it for generating a false positive. I think MSE is a lot better, but that's just my opinion, of course. At any rate since you know it's a false positive it's not a big deal...this time...;)

I am going to assume that you are trying to be helpful. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom