Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry IV Gaiden SNES Translation to English - CURRENT VERSION 1.02

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
:bro:

Congrats, always wanted to play this

spekkio

Arcane
Well, that should make me update the OP in translations thread.
Around 2017... 2018 tops.

getter77

Augur
After all these years of keeping an eye on the scene, I will never cease to be stunned with amazement at this ongoing surge of projects in the Wizardry stable getting knocked out at long last---one can only hope other long simmering series manage comparable fits of momentum gone mad.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Very cool work dude, I probably won't play it (too much gaymes), but cool nontheless.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
MrRichard999

The "trade item" command is currently translated as "Magic". The actual command to utilize a magic spell is currently "UseAbility".

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
in-dungeon it says Give but when trading items inside the Bar that's where it says "Magic". uploading a pic now...

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Screenshot%202016-07-05%2019.19.16_zpsvnywiu23.png
Screenshot%202016-07-05%2019.19.20_zpsokehqugx.png

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
btw, what/where exactly does the 1st dungeon's (tower of idleness) game-freeze glitch occur? I'm currently clearing out the 1st floor and I don't want to bugger my game.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i downloaded and applied the patch today from the link in the original post.

you should update the OP and take out the mention of that bug then. (the tower of idleness bug).

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
DDS just made a new insertion utility for all the larger font dialogue which now displays 3 lines vs. 2, the battle engine has been cleaned up, previous game freezing bugs were found and fixed, typos were corrected, and the character creation area is fixed to appear much better.

NEW PATCH LINK IS AVAILABLE ON THE FIRST POST!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
NOTE: This video is not, I repeat, not using the super-duper most recent patch that allows more than 2 lines of text to be displayed.

10 mins of me playing this amazing game! once again thanks and more thanks for everyone involved in this fan-trans!

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
MAN this is a really, really, really good Wizardry game. the dev team was 100% on FIIIREEE back when they were making this game for the SNES. This game count out in the very last year of the Super Nintendo's life span in the STATES (!), so in japan it was alreadya fucking retro-game when released for the super famicom lol.

but it definitely shows through due to its high polish in how mature the graphics, sound and everything else, i.e. the important bits: gameplay mechanics, etc. :D

i only wish it featured a few quality of life conveniences that were present in other SNES wiz games like being able to cycle through the party members with dedicated buttons (i.e. Hotkeys), and also lol man it's such a pain having everyone sleep at the inn individually. it's obvious they really, really wanted to create a true CLASSIC wizardry, heh.

the battle engine/text/feedback needs a lot of work, MrRichard999 .

i know you posted you have a new patch which revamped it but i have not tried it out yet; but want to ask you if you managed to change/replace the horrible looking :'s in battle. example:

aweigh: Bandit: katana cuts (end of 1st dialog, game creates a second window and says)
aweigh: Bandit is dealt 9999 dmg (time for another one)
bandit has fucked off. (end)

although it soiunds like i'm whining about too many screens that's not really a problem at all i just wondered whether you fixed the : characters. can you replace them with at least 1 "space", and then a more conducive character instead like maybe @? lol just kidding. changing it to actual text saying:

aweigh(invisible space replacing the : character) (and now completely overwrite all instances of enemy name triggering, i.e. blank all of it out)katana used

(blank out / overwrite and space out the trigger of the 'aweigh' and leave only the 2nd trigger, i.e. the enemy's reception of the blow)Bandit is delat 999 dmg

Bandit died. (end)

Like this:

aweigh: BLANK SPACES HERE: Katana used!
BLANK SPACES HERE: Bandit dealth 999 dmg!
Bandit died.

is something like that doable? i recommed using the word "used" since i noticed you are using "cuts" for every weapon, even if it is something that does not "cut".

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
BAD NEWS MrRichard999

glitch-freeze is linked to dragon-race's breath atk.

EDIT: using the patch linked on the front-page of this thread. i.e. the most recent one.

DOUBLE-EDIT: on the plus side could only be related with playing in Wireframe mode!

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Ok, updated the patch to version 0.986b! Major fixes have been done on this one! Download link for the patch is on the first post.

Version 0.986b
-Looking at chests for traps should load the right names now.
-Reworked the title screen and options menu ("Scarlet Lotus Castle", "Sound Channel", "Labyrinth Walls", "Battle Graphics").
-Eliminated language selection in options as English is set by default.
-Expanded the individual options ("Semi-Fast", "Normal", "Semi-Slow").
-Changed "<name> changed alignment." message.
-Changed "Waiting" to "Searching" and fixed the dots to use periods instead of the Japanese dot.
-Expanded Bar window and options ("Add Member", "Remove Member").
-Expanded Inn option ("Pool Gold")
-Expanded Camp window ("Inspect Member", "Reorder Party", "Use Ability", "AbilityList", "Pool Gold")
-Expanded Main Menu options ("Search", "Open Door", "Pick Lock", "Party Search")
-Expanded Training Hall option ("Equipment")
-Fixed Training Hall "Roll" counter (may or may not fix bug with random symbols appearing)
-Fixed Button Config screen random jumble.
-Changed chest looting messages to "<name> takes <item>!"
-Changed message to "An Encounter!"
-Trimmed leading and trailing spaces for some messages so they would center correctly.
-Fixed typos for "Elvan Chain & Bandir Reader, & what was in the spell descriptions".
-Redid all spell descriptions with corrected line breaks.
-Discovered bard instrument actions weren't done and fixed them.
-Added a header to the ROM after patching with a correct checksum.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
did you play-test whether or not dragon race's breath attack has a random chance to glitch yet? i haven't had time, but will play/test this tomorrow and let you know.

it is possible the glitch-freeze in my video wasn't related to the use of the breath attack, but it's the most logical assumption otherwise then it's just a random freeze which would mean tracking down the cause would be... very difficult, to put it mildly.

probably something to do with the breath attack's hexadecimal values not where the pointers want them to? i remember in the beta version of Empire 2 you gave me (Which is the version i played and finished all the way through, btw), that there was an exactly similar glitch that would happen when using a few abilities such as the Priest's "Dispel" and also the dragon race's Breath attack as well; and additionally i remember that you had mistakenly named the ability as "Disenchant".

you fixed all of that stuff, of course, and renamed everything properly in the final version of empire 2's translation patch, so i know very well that you know exactly what you're doing. just trying to be helpful here and provide some suggestions, even if this is stuff that you are already 100% aware about.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Been playing a bit of this on my phone recently and it's awesome. However, am I really dumb or is there no way to check the stats of weapons and armour? I can cope with all resting separately, but not knowing if a 'ring of jewels' is worth wearing or a Hand Axe is better than a long sword is killing me.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Shackleton

original Wiz games (i.e. all of them up to 7) did not include visible in-game stats for items. AFAIK that information was only available inside the physical copies of the games' manuals.

and, AFAIK, the same holds true for this Wiz game as well. However I can do something like the following: I can check the stats on common Wiz weaponry like a Battle Axe, which is traditionally 1d8+3, and check if the Gaiden 4 battle axe has the same stats as the normal Wiz 1-7 battle axe.

from there I can pin-point which hexadecimal value corresponds to the damage/etc, and using the battle axe (or longsword, whatever) as my "base" i can type out a list of the stats

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom