Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry: The Five Ordeals Steam release

turkishronin

Arcane
Doesn't look like a bunny
E6C18A7F8F72355A9F60777C156532DCFAFC4B2B

Sacibengala

Prophet
Anyone made custom portraits with art that matches the art in the game? It's really hard to find good japanese art that doesn't look like stupid and colourful shit like naruto.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Is this game/engine fully customizable now with full dungeon construction and 100% english translation or are the nips just jerking our chain as usual when it comes to different regions?

Sacibengala

Prophet
Is this game/engine fully customizable now with full dungeon construction and 100% english translation or are the nips just jerking our chain as usual when it comes to different regions?
The editor still hasn't been released, from what i've seen (just bought the game). And they said that the editor will only work online (because of the license drama etc). But from what I've heard and seen, the game is now fully localized in english (as the games in the DLCs)

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
(because of the license drama etc)
Bullshit, it is just pure incompetence.
It's license drama, they're doing this to avoid people making remakes of other Wizardry games, which is what everyone would immediately do. Probably a ton of other blobbers as well.

They're Japanese, IP protection laws in Japan are insane.

Anyone made custom portraits with art that matches the art in the game? It's really hard to find good japanese art that doesn't look like stupid and colourful shit like naruto.
I made a few using art from Katsuya Terada, who did the illustrations for the Wizardry Busin games:

BkT9C27.png

You can download them here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TbQxzrnt-cyT0H2ctSLkI-3g7GqfV2eA/view?usp=drive_link

Last edited:

janior

Arcane
Patron
did they at least improve the gameplay? why bother with new graphics if the game is the same boring 80s system, at least they could change it to the one in wiz6/7

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I'd be sorely tempted to give this a go if the price for the Prisoners DLC weren't so damned high.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I'd be sorely tempted to give this a go if the price for the Prisoners DLC weren't so damned high.
The price is justified since its a whole game unto itself, its just sold as DLC
I mean, if it was standalone I'd be willing, but I'm not paying for the base game AND the DLC at those prices when I only want to play the dlc.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
It's license drama, they're doing this to avoid people making remakes of other Wizardry games, which is what everyone would immediately do. Probably a ton of other blobbers as well.

and yet, as I pointed out on the mobile gaming. There are people making games that are also exact replicas of wizardry 1 and maybe 2 & 3. Check out Wandroid, Niz, and Wandrium. Of course people are going to try to make the classics.

Sacibengala

Prophet
I mean, if it was standalone I'd be willing, but I'm not paying for the base game AND the DLC at those prices when I only want to play the dlc.
The dev. said in the comments on the steam forums that the DLCs will be priced higher than your average DLC for them to keep working on the game. He said it would be cheaper if enough people supported the base game in the first place. So, we suckers must buy it full price if we want more. Sigh.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Pre
The dev. said in the comments on the steam forums that the DLCs will be priced higher than your average DLC for them to keep working on the game. He said it would be cheaper if enough people supported the base game in the first place. So, we suckers must buy it full price if we want more. Sigh.
That’s fucking gay. Sounds like a scam tbh, but, it is more than a certain Unknown Realm developer.

Sacibengala

Prophet

I made a few using art from Katsuya Terada, who did the illustrations for the Wizardry Busin games:

BkT9C27.png

You can download them here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TbQxzrnt-cyT0H2ctSLkI-3g7GqfV2eA/view?usp=drive_link
Thanks for that, just asked permission on googledrive to download.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom