Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein

denizsi

Arcane
All the Hamachi rooms I could find for the MP Beta were full (16 people max) for the free version.

kingcomrade said:
Nope, they don't, unless I'm doing somethin wrong.
Hamachi does work for me now. Who wants to play?

W2 MP Beta? How and where? Will you set up a server yourself?

Ch1ef

Scholar
But then again, this is Raven Software we're talking about, the company that probably didn't do a single bad game when it comes to FPSes
Quake 4 was a FAIL, any one who doesn't agreed is a newfag and casual gamer. Raven can fuck up any game.

The people opened a portal to another world, and monsters begin to jump out?
Hmm...i think i already played the game like this, i just don't remember the name... hmm... maybe DICE 3? Or it was DUMB 3? Oh, riiight, it was
DOOM 3

Why the fuck main hero looks like "first" Max Pain ? And why the fuck he has voice? Yeah, very "impressive" voice..."When do i get started?", NAO THAT'S A ONE-LINER, BITCHES!

Btw, did you noticed that the guy who fell out from zeppelin screamed like a headless Bomber from Serious Sam? You think that was Raven joke? Fuck you man, Raven doesn't have humour. At all.

Monsters are lame.

Korgan

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:
Actually organizing Codex people to play a game is a fool's errand. 16 players? Ahaha, yeah right. We couldn't organize 4 for Doom.
We did Alien Swarm OK last year.

Data4

Arcane
Ch1ef said:
But then again, this is Raven Software we're talking about, the company that probably didn't do a single bad game when it comes to FPSes
Quake 4 was a FAIL, any one who doesn't agreed is a newfag and casual gamer. Raven can fuck up any game.

The people opened a portal to another world, and monsters begin to jump out?
Hmm...i think i already played the game like this, i just don't remember the name... hmm... maybe DICE 3? Or it was DUMB 3? Oh, riiight, it was
DOOM 3

Why the fuck main hero looks like "first" Max Pain ? And why the fuck he has voice? Yeah, very "impressive" voice..."When do i get started?", NAO THAT'S A ONE-LINER, BITCHES!

Btw, did you noticed that the guy who fell out from zeppelin screamed like a headless Bomber from Serious Sam? You think that was Raven joke? Fuck you man, Raven doesn't have humour. At all.

Monsters are lame.

You're trying way, way too hard. It sounds forced, totally lacking in nuance. I'm going to give it a 2/10, but that's with a heavy pity tilt.

MetalCraze

Arcane
kingcomrade said:
Actually organizing Codex people to play a game is a fool's errand. 16 players? Ahaha, yeah right. We couldn't organize 4 for Doom.

I believe you've mistyped "I", sir.

When you've left we had 6 people playing, we even had to look for new wads because of that.
We also had 6-8 people playing Diablo 2 at once quite easily. So it's more a matter of a game and how you organize, not just of posting an announcement of Codex gaming in the middle of Doom appreciation thread which everyone read and forgot.

BTW is Wolfenstein multiplatform? If yes - then fuck it, it will suck.

MetalCraze said:

It is, and i'm sure you are correct.

Special powers, more fantasy instead of wicked nazi experiments and shit voice acting. So long, Wolfenstein.

Luzur

Good Sir
Stereotypical Villain said:
MetalCraze said:

It is, and i'm sure you are correct.

Special powers, more fantasy instead of wicked nazi experiments and shit voice acting. So long, Wolfenstein.

and the solution?

14b7t4.jpg

Jamshh

Novice
I've been playing this and it feels like Far Cry 2 sans vehicles.

Very tired of the adventuring between missions, trying to remember names and locations and upgrading weapons just like every other game of the moment. I don't want 5 or 6 different modifications on my gun that sound interesting and have a detailed description. Also, there's a compass at the top of the screen which, naturally, informs you of where you should be going .. Not much room for exploration (places being locked and shit), though finding treasure off the beaten path is as fun as it could be, I guess. The environments are quite detailed (nice, graphically), making you want to explore, though there's never really anything there.

It's good, and fun, but nothing revolutionary. In fact, it slots right into the generic 'alternative FPS' category. You'll have the most fun noting the differences, and the developer's efforts to keep the ol' wacky Wolfenstein vibe. It's on a much greater tangent than before. I don't even know why they bother with Nazis and WWII.

Slobbergoat

Novice
RTCW/ET were fucking awesome simply because they had the unique concept - hitherforth unseen in other FPS games, guns actually fucking hit what you pointed them at occasionally and killed enemies within two hundred thousand shots, which it shared with NOLF. Plus the AI didn't have obvious magicaim which made for much more interesting fights as you wouldn't get the impression that your opponents were all idiot savant aimbotters.

Also the unscoped Mauser was pretty much the coolest (and for the most part, damn near only) bolt-action unscoped rifle in any FPS ever.

Slobbergoat

Novice
The main character should be robot suit hitler from the first Wolfenstein

That would be suitably dark and edgy because ~no BJ you are the hitlers~

Suchy

Arcane
Looks like sterquilinium.
And WTF is up with ze Deutsch speaking Englisch with ze deutsch Akzent? The kids can't read subtitles now?
There was only one Wolfenstein which also was crap, but damn fun when I was 12...

Suchy

Arcane
ElectricOtter said:
:? Wolfenstein 3D kicked ass, mang
Nah, it didn't. I mean it did, because there was nothing else like it back then, but the basic concept was meh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom