Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wow, Skyrim doesn't look very good.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Guys, I know this is not much of a shocker, but Skyrim doesn't look that impressive to me. I've just seen a video about the game, and the textures, the detail were just meh. Nothing jaw dropping. Maybe I was spoiled by The Witcher 2, but I anticipated more from this game. Granted, the video shows the console version, the PC may look a bit better, but it will still need HQ texture mods to look good.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-20 ... lls/720518

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Graphics discussion... urk...

Multi-headed Cow

What is this doing in teknical phorum and science + Emma Watson?

Regdar

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow said:
What is this doing in teknical phorum and science + Emma Watson?

RqmHF.png

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think the correct answer is, who cares? After the utter shit that was Oblivion and the mediocre lulzfest insultingly titled Fallout 3, why would anyone even pay attention to Skyrim? You know it's going to suck.

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
J_C said:
sgc_meltdown said:
Excidium said:
Todd Howard has such a sexy voice.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/918428-f ... 3/43739770

also graphics are not what counts but gameplay and roleplaying features like radiant story
I know, I just thought they will deliver this time, since Bethesda is always fapping to their graphics engine.

They don't need to have a great graphics engine. They just need to tell people that they do, and the gaming press will run with it until it becomes the truth.

Anyone who spreads lies will be presented with something like, "It would be impossible to have better graphics with such an open world." "The amount of pixels isn't as important as the visual experience." (The latter is true, but probably not in this case.)

CorpseZeb

Learned
sgc_meltdown said:
And modders will fix it with hd graphics packs where you will need to download 2048X2048 textures to experience skyrim as it was meant to be and perhaps anatomically correct dragons

... by the way; is there any game with anatomically correct dragons...? Even in the mighty Dragon Knight Saga, I don't remember any anatomical details of Dragon him/herself or other dragons.

Ps. ... so... Skyrim will be first showing real ACD's! Wow.

kaizoku

Arcane
Aren't there enough gayrim threads around in the codex?
gayrim this, gayrim that, gayrim dragons

sgc_meltdown said:
Excidium said:
Todd Howard has such a sexy voice.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/918428-f ... 3/43739770

also graphics are not what counts but gameplay and roleplaying features like radiant story

and modders will fix it with hd graphics packs where you will need to download 2048X2048 textures to experience skyrim as it was meant to be and perhaps anatomically correct dragons
This shit is truly hilarious.
So the focus of the game is the imurssun(tm), which in turn is achieved by graphics, yet they suck and will be fixed through free labor.
Sound like a good business plan to me.

1. make shitty game
2. spend millions on marketing, thousands in graphics, hundreds in writing and coding
3. have the modders fix the graphics for free
4. ????
5. profit :thumbsup:

jancobblepot

Educated
kaizoku said:
So the focus of the game is the imurssun(tm), which in turn is achieved by graphics, yet they suck and will be fixed through free labor.

Since when? Games like Ultima Underworld are more immersive than any TES.

Skyrim will be shit, but not because of the dated graphics.

Sordid Jester

Educated
jancobblepot said:
Who cares?

At the end of the year, half codex will pay for it.
Crispy's old but I don't think he's old enough to count as half of the codex

Captain Shrek

Forgive me brothers. I am going to definitely play it.

MapMan

Arcane
The graphics are laughable. One would've thought that the witcher 2 would open peoples eyes, but no. And I'm not even going to comment on gameplay. Derp.

CorpseZeb

Learned
sgc_meltdown said:
bethesda fans have an eye for small details that increase the immersion of worlds

Uh... don't think it will be a... small detail... we talking about dragons after all...

Ps. ... so... Skyrim will be first showing real ACD's! Wow.

gpIgm.png

Me...? Nah. But many people "here" Want To Be Dragon (or marry with dragon or ride on dragon or something... worse...). ACD's are just for them. Thank you Bethesda.

MapMan

Arcane
Hahaha btw, that slow mo when he kills a wolf or whatever - it's exactly like VATS. They have the audacity to say they've done this engine from scratch. Jesus.

Foamhead

Educated
I don't feel like the codex loves me enough...

I know! I'll go shit all over Skyrim!

+10 Influance.

J_C said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-elder-scrolls/720518

3:30. Awesome button causes a standing enemy to magically fall to the ground in preparation for the scripted kill?

What makes people think this isn't running on the PC BTW? They would have to be retarded not to use the best looking system in their previews. While the textures, amount of blur, and crappy distant area LoD are off putting at least the areas themselves look more interesting than bland bowl-shaped Oblivion, and this is one of the issues with Oblivion that made Morrowind much more visually appealing even with its obvious other deficiencies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom