Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WR - General Chit-Chatter/Tidbits

Ninjerk

Arcane
I just read through the whole thread. I want this and Tangut NAO CrazyLoon

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
What Remains is on hold till I get some very crucial files from people who are inactive at the moment. :(

I am not lazy however and use the engine for some other stuff. Since I created lots of graphics that were obsolete for What Remains, I decided to create another short thing.

So, this is an adventure, feauturing parts from H.P. Lovecrafts "The Outsider" and the "Walker of the Waste" Class from D&D (it spreads the wasteland wherever it may walk). It is pretty unique as an RPG, based on wat I as a writer and graphics guy can do. If all goes well I will release the basic game of this for free and ask for more chapters on kickstarter. :)

87639.jpg

This doesnt mean that What Remains is dead, it just doesnt have people working on atm.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What Remains is on hold till I get some very crucial files from people who are inactive at the moment. :(

I am not lazy however and use the engine for some other stuff. Since I created lots of graphics that were obsolete for What Remains, I decided to create another short thing.

So, this is an adventure, feauturing parts from H.P. Lovecrafts "The Outsider" and the "Walker of the Waste" Class from D&D (it spreads the wasteland wherever it may walk). It is pretty unique as an RPG, based on wat I as a writer and graphics guy can do. If all goes well I will release the basic game of this for free and ask for more chapters on kickstarter. :)

87639.jpg

This doesnt mean that What Remains is dead, it just doesnt have people working on atm.
Sounds goddamn cool. :salute:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
This doesnt mean that What Remains is dead, just that it can eternal lie.
I know the story with not dead mods. :M

But your new project sounds p. interesting. Good to do something new now and then anyway. Keep things fresh.

It was born out of a "fuck it, I finally want to release something!" mood. So, instead of relying on other people, I took the stuff I can atleast into all on my own and make something playable. Everything on that new project relies ENTIRELY on my own and I am only myself to blame for delays. :P Since I know the FOnline Engine, it was an easy step.

Just imagine the screen of the desert scrubs I posted a page before with a protagonist spreading it all along a generic fantasy setting. You can't initiate conversation with anything at the start of the game and just do what you, think of doing automatically what an undead does in generic D&D but with a lot of branching etc. :)

Also, important. What Remains is not dead.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Incoming copypasta from the codexian "what game are you working on" thread":

I have been working on the maritime areas in my game lately. I initally wanted to have some "suburban/michigan civilian look" but it is very hard to pull off. So I went for a more "Waterworld-ian" look and feel, felt this is more appropriate.

Here is a picture of one work in progress "waterworld" area, and the music I made for it

sssw4jv9.png

And here is the music I thought for it: http://www2.zshares.net/056xebfmm4qg

Does it fit?

In other news, I have been working on the "Ghoul" adventure too and will soon release first screenshots. Since I don't need to worry about RPG systems there, I can quickly assemble it. Creating variables and scripts is ok to me in the FOnline engine, so this one should be fast!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Surf Solar could you just post this on Soundcloud? Or maybe do a WIP What Remains music account there? I just hate D/L crap from those downloading sites.

I really liked that song though <3.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Yeah, I would have preferred SoundCloud. Those sites always look shady and creep me out.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Ok, next time I'll be using soundcloud! :)

Yesterday we've been looking into some minor stuff, it is now possible that the PC and other characters can leave footsteps in the sand, snow etc. I love small details like that :)

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The song seems more suited to a church or like a magical site than a run down shack by the river.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Some nongame related scene I did

j0xqzi.png

I found a way to do those nifty reflections on the ground and also a workaround to create interiors much faster. Really feeling to put a lot of time and work again into it!

You certainly have at least graphical talent bro. I hope you finalize something and we (and the world) get to play it. Maybe it starts your successful career, if you're interested in that, because you get noticed for you talent.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Dont worry. Game still sleeps on my HD. But I want time to invest in the bugreports etc. Right now, I barely have time for the codex, its when I just want to read some shit.
Unfortunately I don't know when my situation remedies.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I hope you're still working on this Surf Solar, shit looked promising when you were posting screens and asking questions on NMA back on '09/'10

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Unless Bethesda Lawyers suddenly stopped caring and changed their minds, I can't release anything sadly.
I did work on changing all the fallout specific graphics, sounds etc. but I guess you can imagine my motivation is pretty low having to change all that stuff I love. That's why work stopped to a crawl and there are no new updates.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Unless Bethesda Lawyers suddenly stopped caring and changed their minds, I can't release anything sadly.
I did work on changing all the fallout specific graphics, sounds etc. but I guess you can imagine my motivation is pretty low having to change all that stuff I love. That's why work stopped to a crawl and there are no new updates.
Wait, what? What happened?

Grim Monk

Arcane
Wait, what? What happened?

Seconding agris

Surf Solar
Some clarification would be nice...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom