Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress X-Piratez! Ironman! No spoilers! Oldschool X-COM Total Conversion with mutant amazon pirates. Death to the star gods!

lightbane

Arcane
Update time! Stupid game keeps making eventful shit happen. Let me sit around and research shit for 3 months!
Just like the OG game, the more time passes, the more intense events get.
Back to the doomed farm! These guys are easy. And he's brought me some new kind of gun. Looks like a fancy shotgun maybe? These guys carry shitty UAC gear, and I know there's a UAC shotgun. I think there might be an original UAC shotgun you can bring to space too; that would be rad.
Isn't that a plasma rifle from Doom? Apparently, it was. Also, not sure in Piratez, but in XCFiles,

the rifle and the pistol are quite good as they shoot 3 bullets at once, dealing 3 times the damage.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Only 2 he says. That's a lot of gnomes! They're very rare.
I'm spoiled.
Try the start option where you ditch the core drill and don't take a codex. You start with a small army of gnomes and a halfway decent ship.
But yeah, I literally just needed one. Besides the one we started with, which doesn't count. Though I'd have preferred to get some crazy gnomes as well.

Isn't that a plasma rifle from Doom? Apparently, it was.
Sadly, my knowledge of Doom is mostly from playing DoomRL. It looks a bit different there.
}

Lets get on with my favourite mission!

So, our mission here is standard victory condition with a time limit and escape tiles separate from the ship. The catch? Our enemies have a ship too, and it's all the way up here.
P93ryq8.png

I literally didn't notice it for like 8 turns the first time I did this mission, searching around desperately for the hidden mage or escape tiles I couldn't find. Always remember to look up bros!

Anyways, Belle demonstrates once again that this gyro-autogun is an awesome fucking weapon. I think I'm actually going to make like 3 more of these. She destroyed the cover, killed the target behind it, and then destroyed cover concealing a new target all in one burst. 92% accuracy. She's not even that fucking good at shooting! And it's lightweight for a machinegun! Perfect for training low strength units like catgirls or peasants to carry more.
smI2BuO.png

Our time limit is 16 turns. Not a lot, but more than we'll need, provided we don't dither around on the ground too long. There are scattered enemies but the map is small and the enemies few.
MFylnhs.png

Hot damn! I've never seen this before. My previous run included a noblewoman instead.
DC2P4Xv.png

What is this magical spell he is casting upon us?!
OICqtkb.png

Ah. Gun. He has cast 'Gun.' Should have learned a better spell old man.
VMzkpLc.png

Werewolves easily and safely knock him out. Him and 3 goons was all that was hanging around at ground level. Well, and the half uber and kitty cat.
TufLFA6.png

So, walking up the tower is uh... time consuming, shall we say. Fortunately, I knew this ahead of time.
5lRYnh1.png

This bastard tried murdering our mage when he woke up! Thankfully he missed, I'd have been very butthurt to lose him that way.
Agkw6Rk.png

Oh, and the escape tiles are in this empty room under the ship btw. Not easy to scramble to with a few turns left if you didn't realize they were here.

U0JgfbY.png

At any rate, the ship at the top here is sealed shut. Can't walk in through the doors even if you do walk up here. So we need to force our way in. Sadly, Ogres can't fly (yet) so I brought along a plasma torch. At 185 plasma damage and firing 3 shots at once, it'll cut through damned near anything in a hurry. The problem is that it uses 96% TUs to fire, which means after cutting through the door, my catgirl immediately died when I did this mission before. Hence me cutting a hole in the ceiling near the corner where nobody is likely to get LOS and fire a shotgun, killing readied catgirls behind me. I think I also set myself on fire with the torch before. I don't think using it at point blank is safe.
h5bSZZq.png

There's a hitch- I cut the hole on top of a chair or some shit, so we can't drop in and kill everyone as planned. However, we can fly around the edges and throw ninja stars in to kill them. It's just some more goons and tough guys and such. A grenade would be great too, but I'm not sure if there's another mage or noble in there, so I avoid that for now.
YokilM1.png

Also, non sequitur here but- can we just appreciate the fact that Gumsmith can run around like a fucking catgirl now? Ogre boy is fucking SPEEDY. I'm not even sure how he got so many bonus TUs, I think his racial cap is like, 80.
qI2mD9V.png

Took me a while to get into position for the second burn, since 'range 2' is pretty janky and I've only got one more shot with this thing.
5si8RRo.png

But here we go. There was an enemy right in front of the door ready to glass me.
h4LCW7y.png

Unluckily for them, although the weapon has a 99 power dropoff beyond range 2, that still leaves a 86 power plasma blast to the face. RIP tough girl. No idea how it started a fire 4 tiles away, it should have had 0 power by then.
rixlD5g.png

Generally bad loot, but we got another cane, 9 trophies and a sweet, sweet human mage to play with.
lNKXJnV.png

Oh! And a Cavalier title on everyone since we saved the kitty and it's servant.
msVRh2p.png

Hmm, I suspected this would be a training method. Forgot to check it though. Next update for sure! Writing this up is a pain, but forcing myself to review things and take breaks certainly helps me play better.
dDJMfCN.png

Ah, this sounds... not like what I wanted.
oZI6216.png

Yeah, I've found personal codes before and they were fairly lame single use research objects that gave dossiers on things like government agents. Not exciting, and not a good use of databases right now. I'll do a single one though, just incase the code itself unlocks something in research.

iHYQfx7.png

More importantly, we have studied our gnome! Gnomes are indeed quite rare, usually being found from rare events, inside stasis pods or, apparently, by searching through many dozens of old boots.
ErRCMrU.png

So why the hell did I want one so bad? Well, as the text dump above implies, they can be interrogated repeatedly. And they know some cool shit. We rolled snakeyes here with the ancient log, but even that is something you normally need rare old earth books for. If we had found her early enough, she could have clued us in on shadowtech before we could even make guns.
wCpANjC.png

We could also potentially turn her into a soldier. Gnomes are kind of between goblins and humans in size I believe, and have a bizarre stat spread. Some interesting potential equipment related to them as well. I'll dabble in that eventually, since we started with one who has been basically useless this entire time with no access to gear, and we've got a spare now besides the one we'll keep in prison.
NgqjXOB.png

They can also be made into brainers. Which would be dumb. Don't do this.
Z0gI6uC.png

Some more tech rolling in. This one didn't give any extras I'd hoped for; it's merely a way to trade young ubers for catgirls. Useless.
7SJiM0F.png

A finding from the repeatable Socialize research. Interesting. I want to acquire these.
Qctf14n.png

Studied the sentinel remains as well. Damn, 40x12 is brutal.
FED8k21.png

We had a second remains thankfully, and we can butcher them now for some interesting new arts like plasma chambers. Makes me wonder what a live one would fetch. They're weak to electricity so some EP rounds might do the trick...
wKRZOiQ.png

More zombie stuff. This unlocks researching living blood, which seems medicine related.
jxksFQe.png

Warnings from one of the cultists. Yeah, invisible pinkies sounds fucking horrifying, thanks. I want to capture one now.
UJXtDkL.png

Ah, yes, the best event in the game. I had this shit happen 3 times in one month when learning to play. Super early too, that run got fucked HARD.
2ls1PJ5.png

A neat little item, but not terribly useful aside from trading to Jack for a few tokens.
X8i62xm.png

A chance for revenge! What say you?! (I don't care what you say I'm the boss and we're totally going to wreck these fucking ghosts this time.)
vgAgeKy.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Just like the OG game, the more time passes, the more intense events get.
I think things are about to heat up a lot. At least for me, I started getting double+ hard pogroms in 2603, and a lot of star god craft flying around. And Very Large cr00zers that don't land and just steal infamy by flying around. Thankfully, I have enough shit generating money that I could do 0 missions in a month and still pay all my upkeep, and I think I have all the interrogations/loot I need to reach the final(?) tier of research. LP might have a bad time though.

I'm spoiled.
Not that spoiled, because I think you don't know why gnomes are so good yet.
re your spoiler:
drillless seems cool. If I ever replay this, or the lp has to start over, I'm advocating for drillless peasant revolution.
The problem is that it uses 96% TUs to fire, which means after cutting through the door, my catgirl immediately died when I did this mission before
I've also had this experience, but I don't understand how. iirc you're not allowed to reaction fire on the action that you first saw the enemy, so I don't see how they can retaliate since the door just busted open. And I don't think civilians have any sniper/spotter/sense.
A chance for revenge! What say you?! (I don't care what you say I'm the boss and we're totally going to wreck these fucking ghosts this time.)
They're not that hard to wreck once you know what's coming.

Damned Registrations

i would have turned that place into a hellish inferno :smug:
Then you would have killed the elder by accident. :smug:

Update!

So, before I forgot, I checked out the Iron Warrior training. It's intersting, but again, not really worth it for the recovery time. Might be worth it in the long run on a melee focused dude though, or for reaching stat caps. Strange Fellow here was the only one to not be at the stamina cap, so who knows how much this can actually give. Might be awesome for bringing new zone stalkers up to speed. The VSK penalty is large, but they probably won't need it anyways, and certainly the ones with low power wouldn't.
Uf9YrW6.png

Noticed something interesting while sorting my troops- the number on the far right of the screen corresponds to their 'soldier type.' The type includes variants like castaways vs freak gals, and judging buy the sequence here having a gap between the reticulans and the gnome, there might be a variant of reticulans kicking around somewhere (I mean probably not but maybe) while there definitely aren't variants of ogres or peasants, as that would give them a number that doesn't clump them with their kin. I like trying to deduce stuff like that through little details like this, even if it's likely unimportant.
H5flueF.png

Our sea oddity included this weird shape in it that I assume is hiding the escape tiles we're supposed to reach. Never got inside to look though.
x5IngxN.png

Our mighty foes, the mutant fish with 3 armour, went down quickly to a hail of nailgun fire. This things do fuckall damage, but they've got good range, accuracy, and cost a measely 10% TUs to fire. Probably amazing for training accuracy and reactions, and a pretty decent alternative to harpoon guns underwater, since enemies here have fuck all armour, aside from the crabs.
8zL1NCJ.png

I brought along some non-underwater outfits to see what would happen when we reached land, but the catgirls are still boxed, even the one I tried to send naked. Belle got sent in a nun outfit and substituted nudity though. No ghost exorcisms today it seems.
GuHRkCN.png

It occurs to me I should not have done this mission at night. Oops.

zRDtCr6.png

Fortunately lots of torches around, and the ghosts are pretty obvious. Despite having 0 armour, the nailgun repeatedly causes zero damage, leading me to believe the game prefers rounding down. There's certainly no minimum damage of 1 in effect at any rate.
BmlDleY.png

Terror didn't stick either, which wasn't a big surprise. Was weird seeing the numbers show up in grey, not sure what that represents.
BFHQXLr.png

So, plasma knives are fine for underwater usage. Which means we got to bring them here with us. How well do they work?
m3CUk1Y.png

Very. That was just 2 slashes, and they both easily landed with that hit rate.
tzqfstt.png

It's the first round so we're eating some reaction fire, but that's why I brought a bunch of O2 tanks this time around.
E5KRl8n.png

Gumsmith pokes at another with the pike but it's doing pathetic damage. I suspect stabbing deals either 1% or 5% damage, probably 1%.
TnUZGw9.png

In trunks, and having trained his reactions to over 80 and melee to near 100, Gumsmith actually has respectable evasion, so I end his turn next to the ghost lady. Hopefully they don't have some bullshit melee attack that instakills him.
eoXwtaZ.png

The enemy turn goes by and we're all still standing. Echidna doesn't count; that's just a side effect of being boxed.
inPnmes.png

Interestingly, ghost gals seem to have a freshness stat of 10. I assume it's used to limit their ranged attacks and regenerates over time. Would make certain types of attacks fairly useful for preventing them from hitting back. Maybe we should have brought bikinis and unleashed the kung-fu.
hc3HZqO.png

Lightbane gets knocked out in the next round, but it's not a big deal. He had very low hp so was an easy target for their stun damage.
sudQRW7.png

He also lost a fuckton of morale, I forgot his bravery is kinda shit. I can't really fix that; painkillers won't do the trick. I can raise it a bit by having him use medkits on others though, so he doles out some stims to fight the stun on others.
ixnUveZ.png

Well, the 4 ghosts we spawned near are either dead or asleep.
kTHxATv.png

Nothing else attacks immediately, so I take the chance to replenish shurikens (these seem to reliably inflict at least 1 damage) and grab a few more plasma knives. Sadly, the knives are true melee and so can't be used when the ghosts fly.
S9ZBaxe.png

Also, while looking for ways to recover morale Lightbane discovered the DILDO had some chest wounds. Weird.
HJCrgTV.png

Uh, easy there with the hands buddy.
bgPds6Z.png

Strange Fellow stays behind to babysit the sleeping ghost. There's no body, so I don't know if we can capture, but I'd like to try.
CntcvK4.png

The remaining 2 ghosts are on the shore near the cat. One goes down easily to a plasma knife, while the other goes down hard to 4 people with spears. Job done.
8yeXIwC.png

What a sad amount of infamy for such a mission.
Bk1Xpdu.png

Nice training at least, since the ghosts take a ton of hits to put down.
jWHo4ij.png

Decent haul of treasure, but nothing we really needed. The chest of coins is new though, and might be a good source of tokens for the goblins.
kYFNvYo.png

RIP fishies.
SgBRcWT.png

Weirdly, no diver titles. Either a weird coincidence or interaction with the island not being underwater. Cavalier is nice to get again though.
7EHRV8b.png

Dumping my mutant tokens on this. It's expensive, but if this gives me heavy craft lasers it'll be more than worth it.
glmWjUJ.png

VERY interesting. Simply killing the ghosts (or was it completing that mission? We already killed these ghosts and fled before...) allowed this to show up in our projects. Probably useless, but I'm very curious so it's going into the queue.
YeSv3yx.png

Narlock soldier done and gave us spy pistol info... which I had thought we already had. I could have just not sold these and researched it myself. Shit. At least they're only worth 10 tokens a piece, so not a huge loss.
xVT29iF.png

Huzzah! Sadly, this unlocked no new research. Still, 4 more brainer slots of great on it's own, and we need it later for the graduation project.
EKmS0KS.png

Studied some dark ones. No extra insights, sadly.
avomdy0.png

Also talked with the first of our 5 ghoul prisoners.
OTmZlqE.png

Kinda expected this. Good to get it out of the way I suppose. It's not very useful; it could potentially strip 80 or so armour off a target, but with that accuracy, range and firing cost, it'd be suicide to use on most things with that much armour.
eawCwlY.png

*Fingers crossed*
gUJzLIb.png

Interesting, was not expecting variants of existing infantry weapons. And we did get a craft laser!
H949L3i.png

The infantry weapons are nothing special. Better damage, heavier, and a bit slower to fire. This would be a big power spike if we didn't already have awesome rimrider weapons.
Mpkpkco.png

....and the craft weapon is light. It's not bad as light weapons go, but that's not getting through an armoured hull. Might be nice for shooting down civillians without wasting ammo I suppose.
SyYToI7.png

This seems interesting. Until now I never knew what it meant by saying owning it would provide revenue, but now I suspect finishing this mission would unlock a research that has that effect. Or maybe it just bumps protection payments or something. At any rate, I'm eager to find out and glad we finished this before the end of the month.
3cjoxsC.png

We got this one too! I've done this one before once. It should be pretty doable with the right team.
BEEu4Qg.png

Shot down a fancy civ transport but it was just lowly bandits. Azira displays his chivalry by punching out a woman. :whiteknight:
Q5sj8WU.png

That month went by quickly, since without the scarab I didn't have nearly as many downed ships to fight, and the academy didn't conveniently land a ton of ships on my doorstep. We actually lost a bit of money at month's end, but we've still got a small chunk of cash and a bunch of stuff we could potentially sell.
rdy0XAN.png

Not enough to actually build the base defenses here I was planning on though. Fuck. Well, hopefully we can make a ton of cash this month and get those irradiator towers started. Or maybe research something better.
hzqIV0j.png

While scrounging up coins from our couch cushions, I was reminded we're holding onto a mystery box! Damn, that voodoo tech just went back to the front of the queue. I want this thing opened BAD.
r2AutBG.png

Actually, I'm just going to dump a bunch of inventory screenshots here for anyone that wants to browse. By no means complete, but I think it highlights the majority of the good stuff, aside from weaponry. Sorted by item types.
aoWrbe3.png
xCYESVX.png
TLlMdiO.png
7sOjCYi.png
GbZa2Gx.png
8MnkhI5.png

Bastard ninjas! Perhaps this month we'll actually start fighting them. We didn't get the message about the feud from the last goblin village mission, so I think it STILL hasn't started yet, somehow. It must have some weird prerequisite, or it's a random chance I haven't hit yet this run. Or a bug.
wN8lDCu.png

Anyways, we hit a new rank too. We're pretty much guaranteed to hit the next rank at the end of this month as well, and maybe even the one after that too. I'm not sure if Bandit Bosses count as a Big Faction or not. Probably not. If they don't reticulans probably don't either and we can pick the elder's brain for some elite voodoo tricks before our rank goes up. I think we need the surgery room before that though.
xQGbreL.png

Great, more infamy loss. At least it wasn't the fucking worker thing again. And the glam and data is useful, honestly I can't complain.
1l7dHA4.png

Bandit boss revealed something interesting, though it didn't give any immediate payoff. I assume this leads to being able to buy optronics, but we hardly need that, we've got like 70 in the stash and could easily get far more through disassembly.
BJ2WIUj.png

New rank only revealed two new techs, listed at the bottom here. Cloaking device is interesting; I believe it reveals ninja craft or something, and is a prerequisite for nicer craft of our own.
5QEgEe5.png

Lastly, an update on the layout of the one new base I DID have the funds to develop somehwat. Should be save from invaders, has a small crew with nice weapons, catgirls, zone stalkers and even a few goblins, all slated for training at a dojo I can't afford yet. Going to need a larrge crew quarter for the runts that will man the extractors too. Gotta spend money to make money.
iOEso6H.png

lightbane

Arcane
I wonder where Dio found these pics.

So, before I forgot, I checked out the Iron Warrior training. It's intersting, but again, not really worth it for the recovery time.
Perhaps it's meant to be used for a few units at the time, I would use it for your elites and use someone else in the meantime.

Noticed something interesting while sorting my troops- the number on the far right of the screen corresponds to their 'soldier type.' The type includes variants like castaways vs freak gals, and judging buy the sequence here having a gap between the reticulans and the gnome, there might be a variant of reticulans kicking around somewhere (I mean probably not but maybe) while there definitely aren't variants of ogres or peasants, as that would give them a number that doesn't clump them with their kin. I like trying to deduce stuff like that through little details like this, even if it's likely unimportant.
Transformation and training probably mess with the numeration.

Also, while looking for ways to recover morale Lightbane discovered the DILDO had some chest wounds. Weird.
Perhaps is done so that the hostages die if you take too long and/or to imply the ghosts did something to the damsels.

RIP fishies.
IIRC there's a running gag that an Aquarium is a planned building that lets you capture and study these fishies, but so far it's not been done, and probably never will.

Training is great, just need several teams worth of good units so you can rotate them through. Which... is a problem when you can't hire hands directly :(

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The type includes variants like castaways vs freak gals, and judging buy the sequence here having a gap between the reticulans and the gnome, there might be a variant of reticulans kicking around somewhere (I mean probably not but maybe) while there definitely aren't variants of ogres or peasants, as that would give them a number that doesn't clump them with their kin. I like trying to deduce stuff like that through little details like this, even if it's likely unimportant.
You know about Damsels right?
or was it completing that mission?
yes. Completing the mission is one of many hidden research triggers.

Why are you stockpiling ship documentations?

Damned Registrations

Why are you stockpiling ship documentations?
I'm stockpiling pretty much everything, especially if it takes up little space. I know other bounty customers exist, but not what they might want. Shop documents, random food, basically anything I can't buy could be a logical thing that could be exchanged for bounty tokens.

You know about Damsels right?
Yeah, they're on the list right after the peasants in that very screenshot. I suppose I phrased that strangely; there are no additional variants of peasants.

Training is great, just need several teams worth of good units so you can rotate them through. Which... is a problem when you can't hire hands directly
There's also the issue of titles. If I could pile every kill in the game so far onto a single character so they had like 200 in every stat, I would. Keeping a core of ~12 people or so getting all the titles instead of spreading them across like 30 that get rotated out seems like a better way to foster really amazing characters. Until they die to random bullshit. :happytrollboy:

std::namespace

i didnt realize the dildo timer is just a unit dying kek

alright alright alright! 24 months! taking bets which base gets wiped by a crackdown when! =P
im putting down 1337000 brofists on humanists until july second base ^^

There's also the issue of titles. If I could pile every kill in the game so far onto a single character so they had like 200 in every stat, I would. Keeping a core of ~12 people or so getting all the titles instead of spreading them across like 30 that get rotated out seems like a better way to foster really amazing characters. Until they die to random bullshit.
I dunno, titles are OK but 50 competent soldiers is better. Plus the training alone will boost everyone equivalent to several titles worth.

im putting down 1337000 brofists on humanists until july second base ^^
I'm still waiting for the lol random merc base assault haha get rekt moment.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I dunno, titles are OK but 50 competent soldiers is better. Plus the training alone will boost everyone equivalent to several titles worth.
Training has caps though, titles don't. I'm not sure I'd want to send a merely perfectly trained soldier up against lategame enemies.

Space bugs and star gods have great reactions

Damned Registrations

Training has caps though, titles don't.
It does and it doesn't. I think he's referring to the bonus stats, which are basically titles in and of themselves. These tend to be very small though, which is my issue. I could probably rack up titles that gave a lot more than +5 melee and HP by keeping someone around to send on missions for two weeks. But I suppose the flipside is also true- everyone sent off to train is one less person splitting titles with the core team. But then also some titles are awarded simply for being on a mission, including Nightengale, which is really good. :philosoraptor:

Whatever, lets blow some shit up.

So, we ggot another escape mission. Turn 1, I sent Azira out to beat up another girl for some easy melee xp. There was a goon directly behind her we therefore couldn't see, and he reaction fired 3 times when the girl went down.
3rb59JH.png

Fucker is using a military shotgun with AP slugs. 45 damage. Oof.
Qiczbxw.png

Good thing he's a tough son of a bitch with good armour. That's going to take some doctorin' to fix though.
KxMiSEb.png

To add injury to insult and injury, after Ceres fails to take the fucker down, he explodes, having primed a suicide grenade. What an asshole!
IF0PiC1.png

Well, at least Azira will have company.
7eFdD3p.png

I actually forgot to switch anyone back to hover armour for this mission or bring extra catgirls, so I had to trek a bunch up here on foot. Though it did give me a chance to see if ogre powered can-openers work too. Yep! One more captive noble for us.
G7Am9Ls.png

We got this guy to talk too.
WwCJ7E8.png

A nice reveal from him! I think. I've no actual idea of how important this is. :oops:
XXlYq1L.png

Pet chupacabras in our future?
pAHF5Xm.png

This was interesting. Aside from these resists, she also has 3% for piercing. Some battle results make a bit more sense now, they really fine tuned her resists. Seems we should bring rocks or something next time. Maybe a quarterstaff or club if that's an option.
j1Nzibj.png

This snuck into our projects somehow. I can't remember, but I think it just awards a big pile of infamy? Not on top of my list at any rate.
dCutR2v.png

At long last!
bCdHnyI.png

Holy fuck that unlocked a ton of stuff. Including things I did not expect, like the rum. Why do we need magic to make rum? Whatever.
aQHo9Aq.png

Lots of cool shit here I haven't seen before Love magic and zombie beauty sound strange.
O3e6xkj.png

And now we can measure everyone penis size voodoo power. Gumsmith definitely wins here, god damn. Probably not going to be a mage anyways, iirc they have poor skill caps, but that might make for some really good weapons that can make use of the power. And it's good for defense too. Others of note are Jaedar and Azira, a few of our catgirls (they can get decent skill too iirc) and of course Belle.
n6asrIn.png

On the other end of the scale, we've got some very poor results for Echidna III, our Damsels seem to be shit at magic, and Average Manatee is actually pretty respectable, for a gal. Probably due to a bunch of titles, given she has like a hundred kills. Also, Strange Fellow didn't even get onto this list, he's dead last with like, 21 or something. Definitely not taking him near any reticulans or jellyfish in the future.
HPBBLAh.png

This stuff seems promising, whether for voodoo or some kind of medical facility or items. Immortality? Yes please!
3h1Nyz7.png

Just noticed when grabbing this one, the little blurb does in fact state that it's a ratmen attack. I should apparently be reading these more closely.

fgxYMtZ.png

A couple gals have light cannons at the moment, to pick up some more easy strength and accuracy from titles. They work like a charm on the reapers.
cfB2vFx.png

Just reading through, this is another mission that references owning the place. Perhaps there's a special research unlocked if we can win this, instead of just looting and fleeing? We'll need some sort of dedicated anti flame armour for that I think. Or a willingness to let a lot of our elite units get very fucked up by fire attacks. Ogres might be best, they have a lot of hp to shrug it off.
70x6aF0.png

Ah yes, this event can pop up whenever you have a gnome in prison. At least it's a trivial expense.
AuU4P0d.png

Hah! Take that whatever you were!
8RzfolW.png

Holy shit 2 back to back. Were these missiles? I think these were missiles. Fuck. I hope this isn't going to be a repeat of Underworld.
fFwvwh4.png

We got these fuckers around our main base too. Aren't these the stormrat choppers? Sadly we can't really intercept them all, as our fighter is based over in america. Maybe I should start a second base near here just to manage interceptors near our main.
F49MOL7.png

Getting this seemed like the thing to do given our huge stash of sparkly things.
45KzSmm.png

Damn, yes I want MAGITECH. It's in all caps, it has to be good! Shadowshield might be cool too. I wonder if that could be the purple shields? Can we make some with gems? Could be a craft shield too...
6yajHms.png

Narlock weapon #2. Scary early on, but laughable if you have chainmail.
crMF4oT.png

A very important tech indeed.
yZni8Oj.png

The hideout shroud is cool in theory, but not so useful in practice due to it's expense and unreliability, and the fact I'm fairly sure it just means another hideout will get hit instead. The middle two here are what really has my attention. If memory serves, pirate airforce unlocks larger ships, including the option to make our mystery ship airborne again. That'd be huge, since it also counts as a space ship. The reticulan transport also seems like it might be realy nice, given how I feel about the turtle right now.
XNrud7L.png

Oh, and we can just buy these for some reason. Smuggler contact, I think?
WSptGhj.png

All hail the Destroyer! :flamesaw:
FrAg0bA.png

Ah, finally having the space bus instead of another scarab at our main has paid off.
tw6ayGN.png

Sadly, 2 of our best space faring bros are laid up right now. We'll make do with others.
Fky4dX5.png

Prison? Can we get more gals?!
Yqzuepi.png

Map is small and the only other object is way above our ship. Kinda akward.
E5caMC5.png

Our princess doesn't have a spacesuit, but her bonus armour stacks with the decent armour the escape pods have making her pretty damned tanky. She'll be our scout.
BBwEgyE.png

After way too much paranoid dicking around, I realize this thing only has a single entrance and nobody outside.
TrhVCEH.png

Well hello there!
cLxHlnO.png

I like how the space troopers have different outfits. I don't like how they have lasguns.
Fg1hewA.png

Regardless, this is shooting fish in a barrel. The zombies can't fly, and therefore can't come out to fight us. We can abuse the door and pick them off.

Thankfully the Fatty works in space or this would take forever.
RSG7Kqr.png

Shit, that was close. Also, it now occurs to me I don't know what happens if you get knocked out in space. Does your gear float there? Fall to the bottom of the map? Vanish entirely? Losing the Fatty would be horrifying. No offense team, but it's worth any two of you combined right now.
3GMS7hh.png

The enemy has an annoying habit of standing amidst the stasis pods. I'd rather not melt them, so all I can do is skip turns.
NUvlZHH.png

Fuck, and one gets set on fire anyways. Hopefully it's flame proof?
vRB8DrZ.png

Oof, we take a hit too. The space suits really hamper reactions.
Cqmh0Ej.png

The pod seems fine. It's also not an object we can pick up and run away with.
6keEaBG.png

Since the only path to the top floor is through that elevator and that seems suicidal, I try making our own entrance with the plasma pistol. No dice though. The fusion cutter could do it I'm sure, but that could also get someone killed or destroy something precious.
d1dWJa4.png

Eventually we win anyways. Took some injuries, but nothing severe. And we got FOUR Stasis pods. With gals inside! Fuck yeah!
0e7FbPC.png

New title as well. More space missions please!
3tbDs86.png

Got this weird info from a noblewoman as well. Seems like they'd be good to have for a bunch of different buildings.
AZ4xmRX.png

It does and it doesn't. I think he's referring to the bonus stats, which are basically titles in and of themselves. These tend to be very small though, which is my issue. I could probably rack up titles that gave a lot more than +5 melee and HP by keeping someone around to send on missions for two weeks. But I suppose the flipside is also true- everyone sent off to train is one less person splitting titles with the core team. But then also some titles are awarded simply for being on a mission, including Nightengale, which is really good.

The way I think of it is this: every time you send out a soldier who hasn't been fully trained to their dojo cap and with all soldier transformations, they are both more likely to die and wasting potential stat gains that could have gone to someone over those caps while they spent more time training. Granted, I'm in the middle of Xcomfiles where I can have 100 soldiers in a base just hanging out with all the money I have. For Xpiratez (way harder economy) and you (not being able to hire ubers), it's a bit more complex of a tradeoff to make that investment in training facilities and soldiers hired.

Although, I wonder: how does the dojo training cap compare between the various races? Is it a % of maximum or can they all train up to the same stat levels (which would mean peasants and slave soldiers and so on could train a lot more)?

And now we can measure everyone penis size voodoo power
:-D So true. Always dread when penis inspection day comes and learning that soldiers who were great no longer... measure up.

The hideout shroud is cool in theory, but not so useful in practice due to it's expense and unreliability, and the fact I'm fairly sure it just means another hideout will get hit instead.

I don't think it works at all on the random attacks, it only lowers the chance you'll be spotted for the races that send out patrols to look for you. In that case I think it does work to entirely prevent being attacked (only a chance of course).

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Cool, there's some stuff in the latest research unlocks I haven't seen. Presumably because it's green codex exclusive.
Although, I wonder: how does the dojo training cap compare between the various races? Is it a % of maximum or can they all train up to the same stat levels (which would mean peasants and slave soldiers and so on could train a lot more)?
"Dojo can't train stats past a certain threshold: 66 (Strength, Health, Throwing); 85 (TUs, Firing); 100 (Melee, Stamina). Reactions and Bravery aren't trained."
So yeah, better for peasants. 66 strength, 85 TU and firing is a good ranger.

Notably none of the other buildings that offer training say anything else in regards to caps. No reaction training is pretty bad though, soldiers with base reaction aren't gonna do so hot, even with 85 TU.

Notably none of the other buildings that offer training say anything else in regards to caps. No reaction training is pretty bad though, soldiers with base reaction aren't gonna do so hot, even with 85 TU.
Would be a good use for lokknaar with their high starting reactions. Strength is their only issue but they only need a moderate amount.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Always fun to see the contrast between my run and this one.

Me when getting M-Lasguns: OMFG HUGE! Finally a weapon so simple and reliable i can use as stock gun for most of my troops since its high damage, plasma and easy to keep supplied. And then M-Lasgun+an AT weapon in backpack along with some accessories becomes my standard riflewoman loadout.
DR when getting M-Lasguns: Meh it's ok i guess? Well whatever, haha rotorgun goes brrr.

Me: ehh, still less damage than javs for beefy girls. Although I may have unlocked a slightly stronger throwing weapon by that time, not sure

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Is it a war crime if you shoot down Academy Ambulances
Can't be a geneva convention without a geneva!
Me: ehh, still less damage than javs for beefy girls. Although I may have unlocked a slightly stronger throwing weapon by that time, not sure
Javs have mediocre max range, and a worse damage type. Do M-lasers actually deal plasma damage? Cause plasma damage is very good, not gonna lie.

Damned Registrations

So, first thing I do is send my crew after a very small landed ship like an inch from our base. A ship which got into the air and attacked as soon as we arrived.
pQZb8nF.png

Welp. Fuck. We just lost the turtle. I can't even muster rage over this. It's total bullshit, but total bullshit is the new normal.
pvJAbr8.png

Grabbed our new contact on the off chance it has something really nice.
lPNQZzE.png

Well, Ramjet Cannon sounds like a large craft weapon, maybe we can get a scarab going again. Tank parts are nice too, because those are not easy to acquire.
jI3bGtP.png

Dang, this looks similar to a shit I thought might be an extractor before. Note to self: Windows on ship = war machine.
ZFicSxJ.png

Rum has been researched! It's made out of coconuts, which we have a massive stockpile of. It's not as profitable to sell as the apple wine, but it's not bad either. It's also a great personal healing item if you have the room that doubles as a daze weapon.
PKWB6zJ.png

Ramjet cannon is indeed a heavy weapon. It's a little underwhelming for accuracy and ammo, but with ammo we can simply purchase and filling large slots... we should probably put a scarab together with 2 of these and a gauss cannon. Between the three weapons most things should go down pretty easily. However, I'm going to hold out on that for a bit in case we unlock a nicer ship to buy.
HSYCa49.png

Flame damage tip. Seems interesting, but it also seems like fire bombs would be basically useless if it works this way. We'll have to try flamers out some time, maybe on some ghouls.
foJQG7j.png

Soulsense researched!
HyTT1ry.png

This actually opened some interesting new options. Novice robes only fit on a type of gal I've never managed to recruit, but the desert witch is part of the plot related to voodoo, so that seems really good. And hyper-wave stuff sounds like it might get us towards radar that tells us what the fuck is flying around.
J8WXpSS.png

Did this wand first hoping for a good capturing tool, but it's pretty crap. I mean, choking is pretty good on certain targets, but even so... Might stick it on ogres to give them poisoner though, that could be cool.
NqoXoQq.png

Got our crew back from the downed ship.
WcOaRZJ.png

Thankfully, by some miracle, the Fatty wasn't on that ship. However, we lost a ton of other great stuff we cant replace, like half our plasma knives and various other high powered stuff I keep around in case of nasty surprises. And a ton of medical supplies. We do at least still have all the armour from those crewmembers.
yJ94Kzy.png

Oh, perfect! Now that we can't even send in a crew of 12. Not that we have the werewolves I had planned to use for this anyways! :rage:
SPSjcO5.png

Fuck it, we're going anyways. God we lost the environmental gear too; I'm totally going to forget that and get fucked in a scorching mission later.
FZZtBUx.png

Misssion splits up our 8 crew, and clumps all the ogres together. Bah.
z5jKJzb.png

Directly underneath our spawn points are some empty rooms with 4 doors. Some of the doors seem to be dead ends, which makes them great cubbies to hide in!
VlLEEE2.png

We find a raider in an adjacent room and Lightbane lands 2 Terrify attacks in a row. Not sure if that's overkill or not, but it seemed like the thing to do.
pvfYTgs.png

Pretty quickly a pattern of many similar rooms appears. This is pretty nice, it gives us good control over entry points with all these false doorways.
ArpiBGt.png

There's a lower floor too, but it seems to just be cosmetic for the sludge, there are no tunnels down here.
SYRrOSm.png

Seems we're in some sort of sewer? We eventually find a doorway that isn't false and it reveals this. Another nice, abusable layout.
GStoz9x.png

The group on the north side finds this room however. Lots of raider gals and buzzards in here, which makes it a little sketchy, but their weapons are mostly crap and we can use the door for cover.
DQGjKbr.png

The big room seems to have mostly real doors, and we find more enemies surrounding it. Seems this is where most of the fighting will happen.
cEv6QkO.png

Some of them do have more dangerous weapons, like this scout with a painbringer. Still not a real threat to our ogres though, provided we don't give them side armour shots.
7zoArdD.png

The wall-doors look a bit flimsy, so I try blasting through with a plasma pistol and it works on the first try. It's a shame we can't get more ammo for this thing.
xCfaRtN.png

Echidna does the reaction ninja dance in here, trying to hit and run and hide in doorways. A tad sketchy, but it works out.
Y6Qyhk7.png

And our target shows herself. Yep, that's pretty much what I expected.
S1ZDO1q.png

Thankfully, she's way over there and doesn't seem to have killer reaction fire, so we have time to kill her minions.
fbkb2MG.png

Still terrified of her weaponry, so I'm hiding behind the doors. Feels sketchy, something dumb could happen like a buzzard opening the door and the gnome gunning us down through her own ally or something.
1ciiveH.png

Echidna ends up guarding this doorway. Again, this could end terribly if like, an enemy attacks her, gets knocked out and opens a path for the gnome to shoot. But I need to take some risks, and this seems like the best one.
ccEUZbd.png

More random enemies going down to plasma pistol. Some of these were raider bosses. I'm not even going to consider catching them while that gnome is roaming around. BURN fuckers!
F5YoXlL.png

The gnome gets close enough I can try have Echidna rush out and stun baton her. This... does not work. In retrospect, I don't even know if the rear armour is weaker. It often is, but that cockpit might make the front weaker, like it is on spider queens.
N5kpv4X.png

Since the baton isn't doing the trick, she obviously doesn't have some massive electricity weakness. However, I would really like to catch her, so lets try the net. It's damage range is much higher, it can probaby get past the armour.
s0VQVuA.png

Trying to make sure nothing sneaks up on us reveals a raider with a chem blunderbuss. Huh. That would be great for lowering the gnome's armour...
x2C5QKJ.png

Fuck. I transferred the net to Manatee for the higher throwing skill, but it's a strict two hand item.
aATIh39.png

I opt for another strategy: Dropping a sleep gas grenade in the 2 tile room between the doors. Should contain the blast so it won't hurt us. If that cockpit is as open as it looks, it might knock her right out!
2cjxt6J.png

Relm circles around behind to trap her inside the room. Hopefully the combination of melee evasion, armour and damage resists let her survive that power armour's weapons.
1AhOwbo.png

A stressful turn for sure, but the plan works! The gnome tries to use what is apparently a rapid fire shotgun, and all shots are deflected. The gas bomb went off but I've no idea if it did damage or not.
iX3JOBJ.png

Echidna gets her hands on the net next... but apparently she has 50 throwing and has terrible accuracy with it. Shit.
sSiSKbx.png

Tits randier gets it and fires it next turn with decent accuracy. Sadly, no damage.
maTzErw.png

Oh! But it's reusable! I thought it was a consumable for some reason. That makes it WAY more useful.
m76iC0q.png

We've got a chem grenade too, but that would likely only damage her under armour, which won't help the net deal damage. And it might blow up the doors.
0SJVKyf.png

Oh, but this should work! Modron grabs the chem blunderbuss and brings it over.
x987mHf.png

Lightbane also tries some psi attacks to no effect. Not surprising given the high voodoo stats and bravery on gnomes.
QsM27gv.png

One of the raiders was a humongous type with a spiked mace. Spiked maces can strip armour! Perfect, we can shred the armour and then land the net. In theory. Also, if the mace itself does damage it also causes a lot of stun.

YCEUI9P.png

Gnome just keeps using the shotgun every turn. The drill did get used as a reaction attack once, but it whiffed. Maybe it's not being used due to low accuracy?
DaE7Fwc.png

The blunderbuss has a handy option to fire all 4 shells in one volley. That should be a LOT of armour stripped.
vjsc3fe.png

The shells should be doing ~2 armour damage per pellet, and that was somehting like 40 pellets if I understand right? That armour should be FUCKED.
NmbzYsW.png

Net still does nothing. She's either electric immune or has insanely high armour AND we low rolled the net.
KSx6fUi.png

Mace is connecting though. The first swing to her face even dealt health damage! Maybe it really is weaker in the front, or at least weak to concussive?
3yuAdrX.png

Random enemy woke up, found a chem weapon and then went berserk to waste the ammo. I send Echidna to go claim the weapon.
UC2ThBu.png

We explore around a bit more as well, finding some interesting rooms but no enemies.
ykDEVjs.png

We do find a wrench though, which has 15% armour stripping instead of 10%. This is even better!
NmD7Of8.png

Sadly, the next mace hit that lands simply kills her. In retrospect, she was probably stun immune, and the mace doesn't bypass stun immunity. We'd have needed like... blowdarts? The howls should have done the trick too if she wasn't daze immune. A damned shame. Lots of xp at least, and in melee which is tricky to train.
sLyr5vD.png

We get a bunch of raiders and a couple interesting items, but I feel like the real prize was meant to be catching the gnome alive, and we failed to pull that off. Should have brought a brainer, that would have helped a ton to figure out how to handle her.
INZYDYR.png

Lots of enemies flying around. I think it's mostly the police cruisers but who knows.
W8A13KL.png

Ugh. Whatever, come and get shot down, on the air or in the ground.
27MIcMO.png

Seems like this will be how we get the promised 1200 tokens. Hopefully it resets the challenges too, because I really want another crack at that mission. Aside from being fun, it seemed like it was a good match for our team.
dOYwiqR.png

Nice, free catgirl!
QReEjrB.png

And free catgirl gear! We can research both of those outfits, which will be nice. The unipuma has insanely high evasion if memory serves. And a catgirl in space could be really handy.
VqTsMZM.png

The girl herself is no slouch either, for a fresh recruit. Speaking of which, the 4 pod girls have been recruited and are being trained. Nobody amazing in there, but being lunatics like the original 6, they have respectable starting stats and won't need a ton of training to be useful.
6f6493f.png

Hmm, I don't think I want to try this with a crew of 8 using the pachyderm. We'll have to put this off until we get a new ship. Oh, and we couldn't even use the pachyderm because it's not stealthy or ground.
7C75bjM.png

The reticulan ship. Big disappointment. 15 crew space is great and could allow for some tank usage, but the craft is just too slow to be practical with all these enemies flying around. It's no combat vessel either. A shame.
BYO2gRY.png

Dang, was hoping for these to teach me a power armour schematic or something. Well, bonus tokens are nice.
rC9MumD.png

And one last tech researched from a captive MP. No big unlocks. It's interesting as an item, potentially turning some outfits into insanely tanky versions. Maybe I'll get one and throw it on that strongman outfit for truly ridiculous resistances.
Ut1GfcQ.png

Umipuma is an amazing find. It's a bit better than just an evasion armor. Can't complain about your luck for a while.

std::namespace

Welp. Fuck. We just lost the turtle. I can't even muster rage over this. It's total bullshit, but total bullshit is the new normal.
why are you not flying the white worm? it has gunz

she was probably stun immune
nah, spiked mace on a maxed girl just kills anything but shields
i dont think u get the challege mission again, could be wrong though, and u already have a gnome so why bother

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom