Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Xbox Showcase 2024: Dragon Age: The Veilguard, Starfield: Shattered Space, Avowed

flushfire

Augur
If I didn't know anything about dragon age I'd be thinking it was a battle royale/looter shooter from that trailer lol

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are you "Shit"-post farming? Like seriously, what is your end goal here?
This event happens once a year. Everybody's watching and poking fun at all the popamole. Bear with it.
What an unfortunate choice of words...

...or is it?

bear-baldur%27s-gate-3.gif

Sobchak

Scholar
Patron
So ok, we were all expecting to laugh with what DragonAge has become but I really don't get the art style... I really don't.

Pretty certain if it had non-cartoonish style it would be more appealing to a broader audience, thus it will sell more or I'm totally wrong and it's the art style that it will make it a "successful" game in their post mortem meetings.

PS. Have a little bit of respect to the first game, jesus fucking christ, even if DragonAge 1 was always the perfect 6/10 CRPG, man this is awful.

[edit] Now that I'm thinking about it, DragonAge died since DragonAge 2 so no major harm done I guess but this new turd might beat the last two.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
So ok, we were all expecting to laugh with what DragonAge has become but I really don't get the art style... I really don't.
BioWare's been in death throws for over a decade now. I'm honestly shocked that EA hasn't absorbed their properties and shut the studio down. They've shut down better studios for less. Origin, Westwood, Bullfrog, and a whole list of them. Has BioWare done anything significant since SW:TOR? Mass Effect: Andromeda was a debacle, but it sold 2.5 million units. The reception for the game was really bad, particularly for a BioWare game. When the critics were handing it 6.5/10 scores for a BioWare game, you know it's not good at all. And that was 7 years ago. Anthem apparently sold well, but was also a big debacle and hated by critics and fans, and they never delivered all the promises. That was 5 years ago.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If I didn't know anything about dragon age I'd be thinking it was a battle royale/looter shooter from that trailer lol
It probably was at some point in its development, then they decided it would be like Baldur's Gate 3, but more awesome, and went back to making an RPG, but with fetch quests and recycled assets.

Drowed

Arcane

Yep, gameplay still pretty bad, but the teaser was much worse. It failed in basically every aspect - the tone, the style, the identity, everything. To be quite honest, I was actually positively surprised by the gameplay. Not because it was good, but because the teaser was so awful that I expected the game to be even worse than it is.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I think the best thing about these announcements and trailers are that I no longer have *any* interest in any of these AAA game studio games any more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom