Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

Funposter

Arcane
Tamriel Rebuilt fucked my entire install up somehow, so I am going with Morrowind Rebirth when I get this next game all lined out. I'm not sure how great it is, but some of the changes sound pretty good.
Rebirth is stinky because you're relying on the mod author's idea of "balance" which is usually dubious at best. It also has statue syndrome when it comes to decorating towns. There's some good ideas in there, but nothing that couldn't be replicated with modular, higher quality mods. Tamriel Rebuilt is easy to install and shouldn't create any problems. Are you using a mod manager?

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Morrowind Mod Manager kept crashing at boot so I resorted to using Nexus to manage the load order while installing the mod manually. I got in game but texture errors popped up so I did the ini edit for the BSA. Then somehow it stopped working. I messed around with it some more after that but I just went ahead and uninstalled for a new playthrough. I'm not sure if the graphics enhancer botched it up or not.

That Rebirth mod appeals to me because there are a lot of little things in the game that bug me. I need to look through the list of changes before I actually do install it or I might try to get Tamriel Rebuilt working again. There aren't too many overhauls to work with so it kinda sucks. I don't like going through and adding 100 minor mods when they could all be rolled into one. Besides depending on how minor the change is I can mod a bit.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I must have missed the sequel. I plan on using Wrye Bash if the loot gets wonky. I'm still upset the one mod I wanted is only on OpenMW.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
It was fun larping like a sujamma adict
Tamriel Rebuilt fucked my entire install up somehow, so I am going with Morrowind Rebirth when I get this next game all lined out. I'm not sure how great it is, but some of the changes sound pretty good.

Yeah Harder Barter sounds pretty good now that I am looking at it.
Use OpenMW. Dump all you TR files into "OpenMW\Data Files\Tamriel Rebuilt" then tell openmw to look for that directory in the config file. That's it. I had TR, glow in the dark, tomb of the snow prionce all organized and working nicely, no hassling with the game directory. Super clean. I'll take pictures if you wanr

Bigg Boss

Arcane
OpenMW is not compatibly with some things though so I am iffy. I might try it out at any rate. Can't hurt to have two installs. I welcome pics.

Funposter

Arcane
OpenMW still lacks all of the fantastic features offered by MWSE lua, which is super lightweight and allows all sorts of neat stuff to be done. It's OK for a strictly vanilla install, but anything with a lot of mods is still best done with regular Morrowind and MGE XE.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Well at least one of these installs will run Tamriel Rebuild. I plan on a possible LP in the future but I reserve the right to be lazy.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
After looking further into Morrowind Rebirth I have decided it changes too much shit. I think the few features it does have I can get with a handful of mods.

Funposter

Arcane
This is the only mwse mod that adds something missing from vanilla I've seen in years: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47910
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47910
I had TR, glow in the dark

9WbW8xS.png

oOhdwWt.png

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Anyhow I will be shilling my modding guide here. Sigourn's Mod List.
Key points:
  • No Morrowind Rebirth.
  • No Tamriel Rebuilt, though it will be compatible with no conflicts, only missing features from recommend mods.
  • Separate into a core bugfixing guide and a modded guide.
  • Modular.
  • Visuals section focused more on adding new things into the game or making things more unique as opposed to replacing existing textures for the sake of it.
  • Covers many great gameplay mods that enhance the vanilla experience, including a few major balance overhauls.
  • Very mininal conflicts detailed here.
  • Should be foolproof but some people like to prove me otherwise.
  • Up to date!
Sadly there's no abridged list of mods with the ones I consider to be a must have, maybe I'll come up with one in the feature.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Just be aware that by using OpenMW you're forfeiting MCP, MGE XE, Lua and 80% of non-Lua mods.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
MGE XE is for screenshots or some xp overhaul. I only play this game every couple years, so I'm not tired of vanilla, unlike you jaded cunts.;)

Otherwise OpenMW does everything MCP does.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
After looking further into Morrowind Rebirth I have decided it changes too much shit.

Most big mods are like that. Less is more, imo.

Personally I liked Project Nevada for New Vegas since you could edit everything that you did not like. Morrowind doesn't quite have anything like that. Maybe that is Rebirth. I mean in Project Nevada you can edit the loot from the MCM. Anyway I got it working. The Silt Strider mod where you can ride them to the destination looks so fucking wonky so I might need to remove it.

ZxXbCUA.png

I figured out Wrye Mash to fix the leveled lists. I look forward to exploring Tamriel Rebuilt.

g6uGfiN.png

My biggest complaint is the lack of non-lore friendly mods. In New Vegas I did a Duke Nukem LP that had Captain America, Ghost Rider, Caleb from Blood, Lara Croft, and He-Man. With Morrowind it looks like I can use Nick Cage or Raziel from LoK. Before any purist scoffs at the notion I don't play the game like that normally. I just like to entertain fags on the internet that I will never meet in real life.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
There were originally. Mods changed a lot after Oblivion, people started focusing on lore-friendliness.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I understand that but I figured I would find something besides a Star Wars mod or two. Maybe I need to dig deeper but I think I looked at most of the mods the last few days. I remember some mod years ago called Afterfall or something. Might need to look into that.

Funposter

Arcane
I understand that but I figured I would find something besides a Star Wars mod or two. Maybe I need to dig deeper but I think I looked at most of the mods the last few days. I remember some mod years ago called Afterfall or something. Might need to look into that.
Most of the lore-unfriendly mods are on places like MW Mod History and so on. The stuff on Nexus is very focused on a particular kind of experience.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I never heard of MW Mod History. Thanks.

Yes this might work. I see a Terminator mod. Things like that can make a goofy LP much more entertaining.
a6c8f67f93d892dd.jpg

35d6d45ad5741ca6.jpg

Not a single Fallout character. You figure one of the Bethesdafags would have done that. Problem is I need to turn a bunch of races into companions which takes work. It was easy with FNV but I doubt it will be as simple with Morrowind.

SOME TIME LATER

Wcx7RpO.png

Everything is normal here.

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I think in the next Elder Scrolls the Dwemer should come back from another dimension with ray guns and power armor so far advanced they destroy the Empire. Introduce a whole new Godhead just like the Tribunal except all machine-like. Maybe throw in some spaceships.

Funposter

Arcane
I think in the next Elder Scrolls the Dwemer should come back from another dimension with ray guns and power armor so far advanced they destroy the Empire. Introduce a whole new Godhead just like the Tribunal except all machine-like. Maybe throw in some spaceships.
oh good so they could recycle assets from fallout 4

MWaser

Arbiter
Oh great, so that was the big secret all along
The Elder Scrolls VI: Starfield

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom