Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You should play... Drakan: Order of the Flame

agris

Arcane
Patron
Borderless fullscreen windowed mode: how to make it work flawlessly using the community patch?

I have dgvoodoo set to windowed, games config utility set to windowed. Doesn’t work, using a tool like borderless fullscreen gaming it doesn’t actually adjust the window. Playing in regular fullscreen, you can alt-enter to regular windowed mode, but same issue.

Someone must have worked this out.

Hail Mary to spekkio

Gargaune

Magister
Mournebringer... if i remember well it was unbreakable and for my conservative style of play... it was freedom.
One of only three such weapons in the game - Atimar's Blade that you get at the start, Mournbringer which is quite late in the game, and the third... well, maybe you get to swing it twice by the end.

Borderless fullscreen windowed mode: how to make it work flawlessly using the community patch?
I had a gander at pairing various dgVoodoo and engine settings, but no go, anything other than Fullscreen brings the Windows title bar back and you still can't Alt-Tab anyway. What's the problem, you got a multi-monitor setup that Fullscreen doesn't work right on?

Gargaune

Magister
Multi monitor that I like to access the second screen on, yeah.
This is my first contact with dgVoodoo, but I didn't see any way to achieve that from what I tried. Even if you can put up with the title bar and configure the game to windowed, it might still block your input to anything else.

I'd say just bite the bullet and play it in Fullscreen, it's worth it.

catfood

AGAIN
This thread seems to be the hotspot for discussing games in the "sort of Tomb Raider clones but not really, 1996 - 2002~" genre, so... does anyone have a comprehensive list?

Hard to categorise obviously but third person games with a lot of platforming and a lot of combat, like Drakan.

Off the top of my head:
Drakan: Order of the Flame
Urban Chaos
Heavy Metal FAKK 2
Rune
Outcast
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Oni
The Elder Scrolls: Redguard (sort of, more adventure gamey than Drakan et al)
Nightmare Creatures (sort of, less platforming than others on this list)
Heretic 2
Deathtrap Dungeon
Space Bunnies Must Die!
Severance: Blade of Darkness
American McGee's Alice
MDK 1 & MDK2, Prince of Persia 3D, perhaps?
Also the Legacy of Kain games and Shadowman. And if we're really stretching it than maybe Rayman 2&3, Croc 1&2, Tonic Trouble. Also Enclave.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
This thread seems to be the hotspot for discussing games in the "sort of Tomb Raider clones but not really, 1996 - 2002~" genre, so... does anyone have a comprehensive list?

Hard to categorise obviously but third person games with a lot of platforming and a lot of combat, like Drakan.

Off the top of my head:
Drakan: Order of the Flame
Urban Chaos
Heavy Metal FAKK 2
Rune
Outcast
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Oni
The Elder Scrolls: Redguard (sort of, more adventure gamey than Drakan et al)
Nightmare Creatures (sort of, less platforming than others on this list)
Heretic 2
Deathtrap Dungeon
Space Bunnies Must Die!
Severance: Blade of Darkness
Darkened Skye aka "that game about Skittlers" voiced by Disney's JAsmine
King’s Quest 8: Mask of Eternity
Archangel

Crusaders of Might and Magic
I hadn't even heard of this one. Looks cool
looks cool
but plays like an ass
PC and PSX versions are quite different

agris

Arcane
Patron
Gargaune if you have a scanner, would you mind scanning and uploading a high resolution image of the reference/controls card?

i've been playing this on the couch, got a great controller setup and it rocks.

edit: also WASD'ified the KB+ M controls and it's much better

Gargaune

Magister
@Gargaune if you have a scanner, would you mind scanning and uploading a high resolution image of the reference/controls card?
The what now? I'm assuming you mean the sheet from the box that says Drakan Controls?

Don Peste

Arcane
This?

K11WRQ48_o.jpg

Gargaune

Magister
For anyone else looking, the downloads at Arokh's Lair have a full scan of the manual.

Side note, there's a bit in there that talking about weapon effects that says "Ice - With enough successful ice attacks on a creature, you can freeze them solid, then shatter them with a different weapon." Now, I've never had a chance to try this because I barely ever used Arokh's ice attack and I don't have a save handy to test (it wouldn't be the first instance of creative writing in Drakan's manual), but it just reminded me of Roguey getting all excited about having such a feature in Avowed. :-D

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Side note, there's a bit in there that talking about weapon effects that says "Ice - With enough successful ice attacks on a creature, you can freeze them solid, then shatter them with a different weapon." Now, I've never had a chance to try this because I barely ever used Arokh's ice attack and I don't have a save handy to test (it wouldn't be the first instance of creative writing in Drakan's manual), but it just reminded me of Roguey getting all excited about having such a feature in Avowed. :-D
This refers to the Sword of Ice, a unique weapon you can get right after Grimstone Mines.

Gargaune

Magister
This refers to the Sword of Ice, a unique weapon you can get right after Grimstone Mines.
Oh, man, I think I missed that in my latest playthrough! It's hidden in an optional area in that canyon map between the mines proper and the Archipelago, isn't it? I forgot to explore that part this time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom