Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your opinion on Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Bloodlines was...

• a good game.

Votes: 125 93.3%
  • a bad game.

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
Redemption combat is bad, but personally I found it slightly less bad than bloodlines, probably due to the variety of weapons, abilities and party, even though it lacks the fun stealthy elements and is more clicky/clusterfucky.

oscar

Arcane
Redemption. Played it a few weeks ago. Slogging through a hundred Cappodicians in the monastery then a hundred Noseferatu in the sewers then making my way through a hundred Tremere was boring and nonsensical. Felt like there was a well-done story underneath somewhere but it's all drowned out by shitty real time combat (Bloodline's fps style works better than this over-the-shoulder monstrosity).

Might have been a good game if it weren't for the Diablo-itis of the time.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Enjoyed it, especially the "serial killer" photographer in first part, and generally the first area. Started to get redundant in a few zones, mostly compelling, give it 95% on my review.

Also, HL2 engine stinks for RPGs. Areas are too teensy-weensy with loading screens!

Wyrmlord

Arcane
DOWN with loading screens in ALL games!

I'd rather have the super-primitive BaK graphics with no loading screens than have advanced graphics with a loading screen for each room.

Seriously though, Crysis produces huge maps with next to zero loading times in one single go, and that too while keeping indoor and outdoor areas in one single seamless flow. If a far more advanced graphical technology can be optimized to handle that, why not the HL2 engine? No...friggin'...excuse.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's because it's hard as fuck (especially if the original engine didn't plan for that)

but i too would welcome GTA : Bloodlines.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher

I'd rather have the super-primitive BaK graphics with no loading screens than have advanced graphics with a loading screen for each room.

Seriously though, Crysis produces huge maps with next to zero loading times in one single go, and that too while keeping indoor and outdoor areas in one single seamless flow. If a far more advanced graphical technology can be optimized to handle that, why not the HL2 engine? No...friggin'...excuse.

Would have KILLED to have an open-world in the Crysis engine.

Still wondering why they didn't license it for Skyrim, or the next Elder Scrolls/Fallout series of games???

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.

Would have KILLED to have an open-world in the Crysis engine.

Still wondering why they didn't license it for Skyrim, or the next Elder Scrolls/Fallout series of games???

I guess reason is that crysis engine is mainly for pc.Plus bethesda has its own engine and it sells well enough to not warrant a change

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom