Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your top three games of each year for the 2010s

Incognito

Backlog incliner
Patron
What's so offensive about Far Cuck when you have Assrim, Red Dead Irredeemable, Shitman: Absolute Popamole, Popamole Effect 2 etc in your favorites list?

Of all those, only ME2 I'd consider on the mole popping category. And even then it kinda depends which classes you play with.

People shit on Absolution out of principle because it wasn't mission based. Don't care, the story was good (you are not saving many damsels in distress now, have you noticed?) and I enjoyed repeating every level to the point of autism until I ranked silent assassin. I like all Hitman games anyway.
Codex shits on Skyrim because it's the Codex, but I played a lot of it... man it was almost 15 years ago. The world was different. :negative:

Far Cry 4 doesn't have worthless third person cover shooting, doesn't show you every little thing on the map (f you turn it off), has half-decent world/level design as far as all these games go, no stupid overpowered slo-mo bullet time to make the moles even more dumb, regen health is limited to 1/4 of your health bar or whatever and you at least have to manually activate it yourself, fairly respectable enemy variety (a rarity for modern games, especially realism-oriented ones), the stupid overpowered obligatory see through walls power every AAA game at the time had to have at least was heavily limited by resources, the quest design is largely just fun gamey challenges instead of trying and failing to be nuanced like most popamole, the focus is gameplay (not story and cinematics) even if is compromised gameplay. There is almost zero worthless walking sim parts that plagues AAA. It even has a notable degree of non-automated platforming, something incredibly important in a 3D action game yet almost entirely removed from all first and third person games for around a decade by that point.

Those might be "defects" of many games, but not all of them commit all those sins at the same time. Not gonna pick apart every point you've made, but games are the sum of all their parts. I'LL MAKE SURE I DON'T RATE YOU MEH NEXT TIME, YOU SPERG! :hug:

Blutwurstritter

Scholar
@Lemming42 put Far Cry 3 down as 2013 when it was 2012
That was accidental; I've got it under 2013 in my Big Excel Sheet Of Games for some reason. I'll swap it out for like Papers Please or Gunpoint or some shit when I count up the votes.

People have been listing games in all kinds of wacky years in the past few threads, I've just been counting them regardless.
Release dates can vary regionally. I think nowadays it is less pronounced, but around 2000 there were often months between releases in the US and Europe.

Ash

Arcane
Those might be "defects" of many games, but not all of them commit all those sins at the same time. Not gonna pick apart every point you've made, but games are the sum of all their parts. I'LL MAKE SURE I DON'T RATE YOU MEH NEXT TIME, YOU SPERG! :hug:

You don't get to insult me when you think Skyrim is worthy of any list. The sum of all its parts = garbage. Completely devoid of value, irredeemable, rehashy and dumb as shit. Even 100 gameplay mods installed don't save it.

Codex shits on Skyrim because it's the Codex, but I played a lot of it... man it was almost 15 years ago. The world was different

Don't know about the Codex as a whole, but I shit on it because it's a bad game. The world was different in 2011 sure, but the gaming world wasn't. Decline was in full force just as it mostly is now if not slightly better in its current state, and there literally has to be something wrong with you to not get tired of that shit game after the 10th braindead rehashy dungeon.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
2010 - Decent year
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Fallout: New Vegas
Darksiders

2011 - Decent year
L.A. Noire
Dungeon Siege III - I liked it, unlike most people
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

2012 - Slim Pickings
Borderlands 2
Dishonored
Hitman Absolution

2013 - Slim pickings
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Receiver
The Stanley Parable

2014 - Slim pickings
Wolfenstein: The New Order
NEO Scavenger
Banished

2015 - Good year
Mad Max
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Metal Gear Solid V

2016 - Good year
DOOM
Homefront: The Revolution
Dishonored 2

2017 - Slim pickings
Prey
Horizon Zero Dawn
Ghost Recon Wildlands

2018 - Good year
Ashes 2063
Return of the Obra Dinn
Subnautica

2019 - Very slim pickings
Ion Fury
Void Bastards (just ok)
Death Stranding (never finished it, but I thought it was ok)

Zoo

Educated
Only base games, mentioned the best expansions.

Alpha Protocol
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
Vanquish

Batman: Arkham City
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Total War: Shogun 2

Dragon's Dogma (but Dark Arisen is nearly essential)
Hotline Miami
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

2013 (awful year for me, I have a big problem with the exclusion of Heart of the Swarm and Enemy Within)

Gears of War: Judgment
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Sorcery! Part 1

2014 (another terribad year)

Sunset Overdrive
Talos Principle
Wolfenstein: The New Order (it's decent, but RtCW is infinitely better)

2015 (and so on)

Grow Home
Stasis (the game is mediocre, but has great atmosphere)
Transformers: Devastation (it's from the great Platinum Games, it's okay, but certainly not their best)

Inside
Sky Force Reloaded
Total War: Warhammer

Battle Brothers
Sniper Elite 4
What Remains of Edith Finch

Dragon Ball FighterZ
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

Control
Gears of War 5 (I barely played anything tolerable from this year, but at least it was fun in co-op)
Remnant: From the Ashes

What a shit decade! But, it's somewhat my fault, I haven't played the most promising games, yet.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Darksiders
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
Alpha Protocol

Bulletstorm
Dragon Age II
Sonic Generations

Hotline Miami
Risen 2: Dark Waters
Far Cry 3

Dota 2
Shadowrun Returns
Path of Exile

Risen 3: Titan Lords
Shovel Knight
Wasteland 2

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Pillars of Eternity
Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Darkest Dungeon
Grim Dawn
Doom

Sonic Mania
Prey
Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Dead Cells
The Messenger
Hades

Katana Zero
Slay the Spire
Gears 5

That was suprisingly tough. I've excluded Persona 5 Royal as only the japanese version was published in 2019. 2017 and 2018 were probably the worst years for me. 2019 get's saved by Katana Zero and Slay the Spire but still feels underwhelming. All in all, a very underwhelming decade.

man_at_arms

Literate
As mentioned in my list for the 2000s, the 2010s start off really bad, but get better towards the midpoint. In the more recent years, there are a number of excellent games I don't have in this list simply because I haven't played them (yet).

• Fallout: New Vegas
  • Napoleon: Total War
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Red Orchestra 2
  • Total War Shogun 2
  • Skyrim (the score and landscapes give it a leg up over DX:HR, which becomes entirely too linear, but Skyrim is a very flawed game, especially in its systems)
  • Crusader Kings 2
  • PlanetSide 2 (it has become a nightmare of monetization and content treadmill but was once quite enjoyable, especially as a clan activity)
  • FTL
2013 (a very weak year; TWO live service games in this list? disgusting...)
  • War Thunder
  • Path of Exile
  • Dominions 4
  • To End All Wars
  • NEO Scavenger
  • Men of War: Assault Squad 2
  • Kerbal Space Program
  • Verdun
  • Total War: Attila
2016 (once I get DOOM 2016 and Grim Dawn out of my backlog I will be able to kick Stellaris from here)
  • Stellaris
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Motorsport Manager
  • ELEX
  • Field of Glory II
  • Battle Brothers
  • Kenshi
  • SYNTHETIK
  • Kingdom Come Deliverance
  • Slay the Spire
  • Fantasy General II
  • Earth Defense Force V

Ash

Arcane
Was reading your list from the bottom-up. Finding it respectable, lots of games I wouldn't bother playing (not for me), but are not an unintelligent, worthless waste of time...but then I hit Skyrim at the top. Your comment is interesting too. Yeah, the level design in DX:HR is probably the worst major aspect of the game though it isn't terrible, but it is still 100x better than 200 dead-simple boring copy-paste dungeons, 16 towns indistinguishable from one another in terms of purpose and devoid of interesting content, a bland open world with no excitement, challenge or reward to explore, or completely broken braindead core design. Which is what Skyrim is. DX:HR isn't far behind with its stupid flaws (or sellout design for dumb people rather), regen health, regenerating cloak and so forth, but played in combat it is not the worst thing ever. Playing it in stealth is straight up retarded because of the regen cloak issue plus all the other lame shit like the takedowns, so it does depend on playstyle. If you played it stealth I could see why you'd prefer Shitrim I suppose.

Anyway, brofist for including Synthetik. Awesome game. I would strongly recommend checking out the games in my list in 2017 in particular, all rare absolute modern masterpieces there that everyone must play. Hollow Knight being the most popular but worst one of the three. Still absolutely fantastic though.

Last edited:

man_at_arms

Literate
Was reading your list from the bottom-up. Finding it respectable, lots of games I wouldn't bother playing (not for me), but are not an unintelligent, worthless waste of time...but then I hit Skyrim at the top. Your comment is interesting too. Yeah, the level design in DX:HR is probably the worst major aspect of the game though it isn't terrible, but it is still 100x better than 200 dead-simple boring copy-paste dungeons, 16 towns indistinguishable from one another in terms of purpose and devoid of interesting content, a bland open world with no excitement, challenge or reward to explore, or completely broken braindead core design. Which is what Skyrim is. DX:HR isn't far behind with its stupid flaws (or sellout design for dumb people rather), regen health, regenerating cloak and so forth, but played in combat it is not the worst thing ever. Playing it in stealth is straight up retarded because of the regen cloak issue plus all the other lame shit like the takedowns, so it does depend on playstyle. If you played it stealth I could see why you'd prefer Shitrim I suppose.

Anyway, brofist for including Synthetik. Awesome game. I would strongly recommend checking out the games in my list in 2017 in particular, all rare absolute modern masterpieces there that everyone must play. Hollow Knight being the most popular but worst one of the three. Still absolutely fantastic though.
Regarding Skyrim I agree with your points. 2011 was a pretty poor year and I would prefer to not have put Skyrim or even DX:HR, but I haven't played Dark Souls or Avadon the Black Fortress or perhaps another game that could unseat it.

I derive value from Skyrim purely as a comfy hiking simulator, due to its score and the pretty natural landscapes one can navigate in. Due to the time I spent doing that, and enjoying that experience, I have to be honest with myself and place it above DX:HR, which soured on me due to the last third feeling rushed. I don't approve of Skyrim's poor combat, poor character progression, level scaling, looping linear dungeon design, lack of interesting loot, banal quests, etc. Piranha Bytes games wipe the floor with Skyrim (except for perhaps Risen 2 which is a poor attempt at a BioWarean style game); it's just unfortunate that none of those came out in 2011.

Regarding your 2017 games, Shovel Knight and Darkwood are on my wishlist so I'll continue to keep an eye on them for sales. As for Everspace, I found that space combat/sim game and roguelike don't seem to click for me, despite liking both those genres. I like having either well designed X-Wing style combat encounters or a space sandbox experience with a progression system that doesn't involve starting over. Also, I don't enjoy the way it implements its roguelite metaprogression aspects, where you get incremental upgrades to your health, power, speed, etc. That rewards grinding which I do not approve of. I prefer metaprogression where one exclusively unlocks new classes, weapons, abilities, locations, etc, rather than just getting stronger every time you die. I sometimes still enjoy roguelites with that kind of metaprogression but usually it is despite it.

Ash

Arcane
Not Shovel Knight (not played it). Hollow Knight.

Darkwood is a modern cerebral masterpiece and one of the top 3 horror games ever made. Maybe even arguably #1.

Everspace...but you do unlock new abilities as you progress and die, yet it is quite reserved and this is a good thing to keep the combat balance tight. My love of the game is slightly swayed by the DLC too, which adds an extra class and new abilities, but the DLC is an odd case where it should only be installed 3/4 of the way through the base playthrough as it has immersion-breaking story crap that takes the focus away from immersive lonely space combat/exploration game, and simultaneously important to have for the gameplay extension.
Anyway, there's a lot to love with everspace - the solid core combat (space quake), the beautiful graphics, the random gameplay modifiers like black holes/solar flares/space dust etc, the true difficulty (no manual saves). Also...anything can gel well the roguelike concept if executed well. There isn't anything inherent to the design concepts of RL that says otherwise, and the many vast styles of game that have been blended with it proves it. RTS might not work, idk. Almost everything does though.

Now as for the incremental health, speed and to a lesser extent power...yeah it's for sure a means to keep the game from being beaten too early. But every RL has their method of preventing this in some way by similar means, most commonly merely by gimping the player. I don't see the problem.

Here, the game has 20 active devices and 10 passive. These are essentially abilities. Then there is the core progression perks, the interchangeable perks you get from ancient structures, a variety of consumables, and lastly core differing behaviour of each of the four ships (classes). The progression and playstyle diversity is more than satisfying, but it does have a stunted start when your speed is gimped (especially with the gunship) I'll give you that.

Last edited:

man_at_arms

Literate
Not Shovel Knight (not played it). Hollow Knight.

Darkwood is a modern cerebral masterpiece and one of the top 3 horror games ever made. Maybe even arguably #1.

Everspace...but you do unlock new abilities as you progress and die, yet it is quite reserved and this is a good thing to keep the combat balance tight. My love of the game is slightly swayed by the DLC too, which adds an extra class and new abilities, but the DLC is an odd case where it should only be installed 3/4 of the way through the base playthrough as it has immersion-breaking story crap that takes the focus away from immersive lonely space combat/exploration game, and simultaneously important to have for the gameplay extension.
Anyway, there's a lot to love with everspace - the solid core combat (space quake), the beautiful graphics, the random gameplay modifiers like black holes/solar flares/space dust etc, the true difficulty (no manual saves). Also...anything can gel well the roguelike concept if executed well. There isn't anything inherent to the design concepts of RL that says otherwise, and the many vast styles of game that have been blended with it proves it.
My bad, for some reason my brain consistently tricked me into reading Shovel Knight instead.

Regarding Everspace, I'm not suggesting that RL and space sim can't be merged together, but the specific mix of both genres' mechanics don't do it for me. Part of that is I'm heavily biased towards X-Wing style joystick designed space sims rather than mouse controlled Freelancer-style games.

Ash

Arcane
I am actually not hugely familiar with X-Wing style anything. Properly exploring space games is the final gaming frontier for me, played very few, but I fear Everspace may not be bested for me personally as it isn't any sim but rather arcade (but with immersive execution). The absolutely solid combat I love of classic FPS and 6dof games like Doom & Descent (and I think even better). The contained, compact and dynamic level design - space is in a way boring in reality, lightyears of distance between anything of interest. Everspace knows no concept of great distance, instead it focuses on genuine level design. The roguelite elements that are highly desirable to me (namely restricted saving and high difficulty that harken back to classic gaming and is my ideal standard). And the beautiful modern graphics that while I am usually the last to graphics whore, just blow me away.

Also, just curious - you have Halo in your other list. Mind elaborating on why you think that deserves any title?

Last edited:

man_at_arms

Literate
Also, just curious - you have Halo in your other list. Mind elaborating on why you think that deserves any title?
I'll start by addressing the elephant in the room: much like Half-Life, Halo caused a wave of mostly shitty imitators, who took some its concepts but without an understanding of what made them work. So from 2002 onwards you'll see a ton of bland "Halo-killer" games with 2 weapon limit, regenerating health and mandatory vehicle sections that are garbage.

However, Halo is a well-designed game that makes good use of those mechanics, and other mechanics like having a dedicated grenade button (perhaps not the first FPS with a grenade button, but an early adopter, and grenades are an important part of the weapon sandbox). The enemies are varied (this is not a shovelware FPS where all enemies are just the same human soldier) and there are 3 factions (including human marines), making for the occasional 3 way fights later in the game. There is a refreshing variety in the level design which contrasts open and tight spaces. Sometimes those open spaces are vehicle segments, and the vehicles, especially the warthog, are fun to move around in due to their solid controls, especially for the time. As a counterexample, the vehicle/turret segments of Quake 4 are painful. Bungie in 2001, coming out of Myth II's development, had become quite competent in designing encounters, in terms of level geometry, enemy placement and the scripting to make it work.

You do not move as fast as in Quake, but you are not dreadfully sluggish like a protagonist from a generic 2009 shooter, and you don't have a sprint functionality, so movement, and moving-while-shooting, remains important and Halo is still a movement shooter, just not an Arena shooter where you go around at 200 mph strafe-jumping.

On the aesthetic side, the environment art is solid (Forerunner structures, covenant structures, human spaceship interiors), the character and armor design looks good, the music is great, the sound effects are good, the voice acting (callouts and for the brief cutscenes) is good... not much to complain about in that department.

For Halo 3 it's a similar argument, but 2007 is simply a far less competitive year than 2001.

For 2001:
  • I haven't played Max Payne
  • I haven't played Arcanum (gasp! Worse still, I haven't played a Troika game! I should probably be thrown into a volcano. Although I might play through Bloodlines soon)
  • I haven't played Anachronox (I hear it's a bit jank though)
  • Red Faction is a lesser shooter
  • Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader is good but perhaps lesser to Halo: CE
  • Gothic 1 is great but does have quite a bit of a jank; Halo:CE is probably a better experience for not being so jank; I have Gothic 2 in the list for 2002 however

Ash

Arcane
However, Halo is a well-designed game that makes good use of those mechanics

I mean sure maybe, of what little is even there. A monkey can make good use of a stick when it uses it to scratch its ass too. However it can't handle much more than that. :lol:

, and other mechanics like having a dedicated grenade button (perhaps not the first FPS with a grenade button, but an early adopter, and grenades are an important part of the weapon sandbox).

Dedicated grenades whoopee so impressed, NOT, when it was done 6 years prior in Alien Trilogy 1995 and is also important there. What makes the grenades special is their physics, which I detailed in another thread. They are contact-armed grenades, combined with low gravity, and this makes for unique grenade mechanics and also very well balanced and fun in multiplayer (more explanation: every grenade toss must be a deflection shot, essentially. This gives the other player more time to react, requires high skill and is more complicated than pull pin and toss at enemy, and is simply fun and unique). Most of any praise I can send the games way is all multiplayer, especially balance, and even then it's not much once the balance talk is out of the way. The singleplayer however is a boring slog and has very little merit at all

The enemies are varied (this is not a shovelware FPS where all enemies are just the same human soldier) and there are 3 factions (including human marines), making for the occasional 3 way fights later in the game.

True it is above the standards of the terrible 2000s where so many is just one enemy type (human) reskinned with slightly different behavior in the entire game, but not at all remarkable compared to the 90s. A drop in standards. It has what, 9 enemy types? Doom has 17. The majority of classic 90s FPS had over 10. I am not writing this off entirely, the enemy design is not bad and does have some effort in their intelligence, but it's just not particularly impressive either. You also don't get to interact with them in many ways as the weapon limit and placement on a level basis dictates that, and the game is otherwise mechanically-simple.

The movement is slow but it's not the end of the world and again, works pretty nicely in multiplayer (I also detailed why in a prior post, but basically for the game to be like chess instead of soccer). It is pretty stupid in the singleplayer though, especially since the level design is often big open expanses of nothingness (by the way, everything declined aside like the two wep limit, level design is the game's biggest downfall).

Is that all you got? Every time I ask a Halo fan to detail the merit of their prized golden turd this is what I get. A big wall of text of fuck all, half of it is preemptive defense. I can highlight its merits better than a halo fanboy can. Just call it as it is like Silverfish did - the singleplayer is trite. The game however has some merit in multiplayer. Most of the things that make the singleplayer suck (2 wep limit, regen health, slow movement) make the multiplayer good, as they make for exceptional balancing, all three of these things. In singleplayer, these three things do the opposite and make the experience too shallow, plodding, boring and dumb. The singleplayer could perhaps be saved regardless if the level design was damn fine, but it's awful.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
"Red Faction is a lesser shooter"

Multiplayer easily. Singleplayer...compact diverse & fairly engaging level design (not amazing and quite linear, but it is the only half-life clone that nearly got that goal of cloning right), faster movement speed, no regen health, no wep limit and lots of cool guns each with secondary fire, geomod is at least offering some kind of interesting twist, more meaningful and engaging vehicle segments, the vehicles even don't have infinite ammo and multiple ammo types to add an aspect of tension, management and reward accuracy, imagine that.

Sub-par 7/10 game, no true classic, but I'd take sub-par over total shit.

man_at_arms

Literate
Is that all you got? Every time I ask a Halo fan to detail the merit of their prized golden turd this is what I get. A big wall of text of fuck all, half of it is preemptive defense. I can highlight its merits better than a halo fanboy can. Just call it as it is like Silverfish did - the singleplayer is trite. The game however has some merit in multiplayer. Most of the things that make the singleplayer suck (2 wep limit, regen health, slow movement) make the multiplayer good, as they make for exceptional balancing, all three of these things. In singleplayer, these three things do the opposite and make the experience too shallow, plodding, boring and dumb. The singleplayer could perhaps be saved regardless if the level design was damn fine, but it's awful.
This is a pretty bad faith response. You seem to have a lot of pent-up anger about Halo that has nothing to do with me.

Beans00

Erudite
Possibly Retarded
This is a pretty bad faith response. You seem to have a lot of pent-up anger about Halo that has nothing to do with me.

Ash is a modder with mental problems, who also happens to be a sexual predator. Don't worry about him, he's angry literally all the time lol.

Ash

Arcane

Not angry right now, just mildly annoyed by decline getting undue merit, and also the sheer number of Halo fanboys here these days which...every day standards slip more and more. Creeps like beans that can't handle being mocked that they resort to incessant harassment and slander doesn't help either, but he is the biggest mentally ill retard on this site (and also a halo fanboy that fucks corpses unsurprisingly lol) so pay him no mind.

Beans00

Erudite
Possibly Retarded

Not angry right now, just mildly annoyed by decline getting undue merit, and also the sheer number of Halo fanboys here these days which...every day standards slip more and more. Creeps like beans that can't handle being mocked that they resort to incessant harassment and slander doesn't help either, but he is the biggest mentally ill fucktard on this site (and also a halo fanboy that fucks corpses unsurprisingly lol) so pay him no mind.

Multiple people in the deus ex and Unreal modding communities have confirmed to me that you are a pervert. You're an angry control freak lol(which fits the profile if you have seen any law and order SVU).

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Right. I haven't even had any interaction with the Unreal modding community outside of one brief encounter. And maybe another quick back and forth asking for technical help. I don't know them, they don't know me. But please, continue being a complete and total deranged sociopath for all to see.

PsihoKekec

Novice
Couldn't find games for all years:

Civilization V
Metro 2033
Puzzle Quest II

Witcher II
Terraria
Capsized

FTL
X-COM: Enemy Unknown
Legend of Grimrock

Metro Last Light
Shadowrun Returns
Spelunky

UnderRail
Xenonauts
Dungeon of the Endless

Witcher III
Revolution under Siege
Convoy

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Brigador
Darkest Dungeon

TOAW IV
Syrian Warfare
Ultimate General: Civil War

Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Atom RPG

Fantasy General II
Dield of Glory: Empires
Void Bastards

Last edited:

YCCCM7

Literate
Typical Modder
Right. I haven't even had any interaction with the Unreal modding community outside of one brief encounter. And maybe another quick back and forth asking for technical help. I don't know them, they don't know me. But please, continue being a complete and total deranged sociopath for all to see.
You are a pervert who added sexual perversions into your shitty mod which needed to be removed.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Vanquish
CoD: Black Ops (only CoD I ever liked)
NIer

Honorable mentions: Red Dead Redemption, God of War 3, Amnesia, Bioshock 2

2011:
Dark Souls
Batman: Arkham City
Battlefield 3

Honorable mentions: Dead Space 2, Alice: Madness Returns, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Skyrim

Dragon's Dogma
Hotline Miami
Xcom: Enemy Unknown

Honorable mention: Borderlands 2, Diablo 3

Battlefield 4
Rogue Legacy
The Last of Us

Honorable mention: Tomb Raider, GTAV

Dark Souls 2
Alien: Isolation
The Evil Within

Honorable mentions: South Park: The Stick of Truth, Divinity: OS, Infamous: Second Son

Bloodborne
Witcher 3
SOMA

Honorable mention: Rainbow Six Siege, Until Dawn

TItanfall 2
Doom
Xcom 2

Honorable mentions: Dark Souls 3, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Overwatch

TLoZ: Breath of the Wild
Resident Evil 7
Prey

Honorable mention: The Evil Within 2, Divinity: OS 2

Monster Hunter: World
Conan Exiles
God of War

Honorable mention: Call of Cthulhu, Shadows: Awakening

Control
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Resident Evil 2 remake

Honorable mention: Sekiro

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom