Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your top three games of each year for the 2010s

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Nobody else voted for Titanfall 2? The fuck is the matter with y'all? It was the best FPS of that year. Better than Doom.

Holy shit the multiplayer is still active. I thought they killed it! :o *installs*

deuxhero

Arcane
Isn't that the game that had netcode so bad you could literally be given a virus from playing it and EA did absolutely nothing for years despite being made fully aware of the issue?

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Isn't that the game that had netcode so bad you could literally be given a virus from playing it and EA did absolutely nothing for years despite being made fully aware of the issue?
Must not have been too bad. It's currently the 20th all-time highest rated FPS on Steam :obviously:

It worked fine for me. The main problem was there wasn't very many options in it's MP back then and nobody wanted to play anything other than DM and TDM so it died pretty fast. Supposedly it's better now, I'll find out. The combat is second to none.

Zoo

Educated
Nobody else voted for Titanfall 2? The fuck is the matter with y'all? It was the best FPS of that year. Better than Doom.

Holy shit the multiplayer is still active. I thought they killed it! :o *installs*
I was bored, because the beginning without the suit was really CoD-like. I know, it is not CoD, but nu-Doom first level is definately more fun, even if I prefer the original Doom. (I hate the cutscenesaw as the only real melee weapon, and the fights are too blatantly arena-like.)

AndyS

Augur
2010: Fallout: New Vegas, Alpha Protocol, L'Abbaye des Morts
2011: Hard Corps Uprising, Yakuza 4, Dark Souls
2012: Spelunky, La-Mulana, Hotline Miami
2013: Guacamelee, Far Cry: Blood Dragon, Papers, Please
2014: Shovel Knight, Freedom Planet, Alien: Isolation
2015: Yakuza 0, Witcher 3, Ori and the Blind Forest
2016: Yakuza Kiwami, Maldita Castilla EX, Brigador
2017: Hollow Knight, Cuphead, Polybius
2018: Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Ghost of a Tale, Dusk
2019: Ion Fury, Bloodstained, Terminator: Resistance

Tough decade for me because the previous decade caused me to detach from the industry a lot, mostly spending these years playing old stuff or poking my head out enough to play cheap indies/bundle games (which often reminded me of old stuff). Also didn't have much free time for playing RPGs or strategy games.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
2010: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2011: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2012: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2013: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2014: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2015: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2016: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2017: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2018: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2019: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Falksi

Arcane
Just stumbled across this asking about the year 2010...

rINegjC.png

I mean, Kirkby's Epic Yarn and Bioshit 2 in there, but no New Vegas or Nier Gestalt?!?

i wish I could execute every last fucking normie in gaming.

Dark Souls II

Educated
Shitposter
It was a tremendous effort and unspeakable suffering to browse through the lists of all published games in each year to dig up something that I played for maybe a few hours at best and that didn't completely suck. I bolded the very few games from this decade that were truly generational achievements.

2010:
Stalker: Call of Pripyat
Civilization V
Fallout: New Vegas

2011:
Dark Souls
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Payday

2012:
Crusader Kings 2
Hotline Miami
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

2013:
RimWorld
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Europa Universalis IV

2014:
Dark Souls II (the pinnacle of game development, it all went downhill from here)
Littlewitch Romanesque
Everlasting Summer

2015:
Broforce
Metal Gear Solid V
Pillars of Eternity

2016:
Red Hood's Woods
DOOM
Hearts of Iron IV

2017:
Black Souls
Free Cities

Yakuza 0

2018:
Fear & Hunger
Stalker: Anomaly
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018

2019:
Disco Elysium
Imperator: Rome
Amid Evil

Hagashager

Educated
2010 is when video games started to fall off as a hobby for me so there're a few blanks:
2010:
Red Dead Redemption
Fallout: New Vegas
Mafia II

2011:
Super Mario 3D Land
TES V: Skyrim
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

2012:
 Nothing

2013:
Nothing.

2014:
Divinity: Original Sin

2015:
Pillars of Eternity
Black Mesa

2016:
Nothing

2017:
Divinity: Original Sin II
Breath of the Wild
Hand of Fate II

2018:
Nothing

2019:
Nothing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom