Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You're all autists

Curratum

Played Fallout 2 for the first time since I played it back in 2000.

I chose the first pre-gen with 9 STR and 10 END, just as a quick test run to check settings and resolution on the new Steam version.

Died at the end of the fucking temple of trials tutorial dungeon, because I missed the other guy SIX TIMES IN A ROW at 46% hit chance, and he hit me successfully 6 times in a row, for an average of 4 damage each hit.

Deleting this garbage and going back to playing 3D Fallouts, where your outcomes actually depend on what you do and how you play and not on pure dice roll autism. If you can still defend this sort of design philosophy in the current year, you're all irreparable autists and I'm just stopping to let you know that every single 3D Fallout game is vastly superior to this garbage, simply by virtue of NOT forcing your gorilla brute melee build character to die in the tutorial room, while doing unarmed combat.

You all have a good day now!

Citizen

I chose the first pre-gen with 9 STR and 10 END, just as a quick test run to check settings and resolution on the new Steam version.

Died at the end of the fucking temple of trials tutorial dungeon, because I missed the other guy SIX TIMES IN A ROW at 46% hit chance, and he hit me successfully 6 times in a row, for an average of 4 damage each hit.

Deleting this garbage and going back to playing 3D Fallouts, where your outcomes actually depend on what you do and how you play and not on pure dice roll autism. If you can still defend this sort of design philosophy in the current year, you're all irreparable autists and I'm just stopping to let you know that every single 3D Fallout game is vastly superior to this garbage, simply by virtue of NOT forcing your gorilla brute melee build character to die in the tutorial room, while doing unarmed combat.

Isn't this what codex was trying to say for the past 20 years? RPGs suck big time, dude

#ToddsToddlers #TESVI #WhyDidFalloutSeriesStartWith3

Last edited by a moderator:

lightbane

Arcane
Someone upped the difficulty too much. Or didn't bother to talk their way out. Or built their character poorly. Or fought like shit. Or...

i'm the only one who never had any problem with Temple of trials ?

i can see people getting rekt if they go with a poor combatant character (low agi, low sth, low weapon prof).

Fallout 1 and 2 combat ins't tactical and it's heavy RNG dependant, so expect lots of quick save and quick load, still fun because of the death animations but the combat ins't the appeal of Fallout 1 and 2 imo.

laclongquan

Arcane

And you stand there and trading hits with him?
Boyo, you've lived under a rock for the rest of your life?
Never see a boxing match before?
Hit and move, sport. Hit then move.
Even if you choose a 9str/10END, that bugger is not Mike Tyson. (You will fight the Ear Biter later.)
Sting like a bee, float like a butterfly, bitch.

overly excitable young man

-How did you skill your char?

-There is healing powder in the containers.

-Nobody ever said that you have to clean out the whole temple.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Autism is a spectrum. So yes, we're all on it.
  • Deficits in social-emotional reciprocity, ranging, for example, from abnormal social approach and failure of normal back-and-forth conversation; to reduced sharing of interests, emotions, or affect; to failure to initiate or respond to social interactions.
  • Insistence on sameness, inflexible adherence to routines, or ritualized patterns of verbal or nonverbal behavior (e.g., extreme distress at small changes, difficulties with transitions, rigid thinking patterns, greeting rituals, need to take same route or eat same food every day).
  • Highly restricted, fixated interests that are abnormal in intensity or focus (e.g., strong attachment to or preoccupation with unusual objects, excessively circumscribed or perseverative interests).
Tell me these ain't Codex staples.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom