Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yup...

New Codex design?

• I love it / like it and think it's better than the current design.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like it, but the current design is better.

• If you choose to inflict it upon me, I'll tolerate it.

• It's getting there but it needs more work.

• It sucks. Keep it the hell away from me!

• Total voters

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
New design. Poll reset. Please view design and vote.

Results of old poll:
Code:
I love it / like it / will tolerate it.  	 20%  	[ 3 ]
It's going somewhere but it needs a bit / lot more work 		 53%  	[ 8 ]
Fuck no! Stick with the current design.  26%  	[ 4 ]

Necropennis

Scholar
I think it's too bright and gay. Codex is a place with a lot of frustrated angry nerds, so it should be darker :/.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Try some differenty background colors maybe.

Otherwise it's good. Good enough for now. Could be better.

corvax

Augur
That red on bright gray looks kind of odd. Sticking with a color range and having darker or more neutral color would be nicer. Everything else looks fine.

dunduks

Liturgist
Hmm, I get a 404
Code:
The requested URL /index_rpdesign.php was not found on this server.

gromit

Arcane
Send Rex a hooker and some blow in exchange for keeping his design if he's still fretting it - I didn't get through all however many pages of THAT one - but maybe change his shitty little font on the nav bars, and make the logo image a link back to the news section.

Wulfgar

Scholar
The design I see now kicks ass... and the page loads much, much faster. We of the 33k dial up appreciate it. :wink:

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
dunduks said:
Hmm, I get a 404
Code:
The requested URL /index_rpdesign.php was not found on this server.
Yeah, we decided to go ahead and just inflict it on everyone. Opinion be damned.

Welcome to the Codex way of thinking.

Wulfgar said:
The design I see now kicks ass... and the page loads much, much faster. We of the 33k dial up appreciate it. :wink:
That reminds me, I didn't optimize the header image. I'll do that now. That should knock another 5 - 10 kb off the load.

33 kbps dial-up though?

Taoreich

Liturgist
They grey is kinda bright, but I like the general color idea. i hate the banner because:
(i) Way too washed out, very little contrast
(ii) "The disco inferno of RPG sites" is not enough of a non-sequitur to be endearingly quirky and too cumbersome to be fun to say

Thorndyke

Novice
My general disgust aside, I think you should at least remove the background image from the content tables and make it just a plain color. It's kinda hard to read black text on greyish/dark greyish stripes.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
You know, it's only after I inflict pain on everyone that I finally get some good feedback.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Taoreich said:
(ii) "The disco inferno of RPG sites" is not enough of a non-sequitur to be endearingly quirky and too cumbersome to be fun to say

I actually suggested "The place where mainstream RPGs go to die" but never got Saint's feedback on that one.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Taoreich said:

Thats the one thing I DID like.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom