Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zelda: Leaks of the kingdom thread

Hagashager

Educated
zelda fans are not comparable to Sonic fans. Most Zelda fans are garden variety jackasses who are really into their media, but can still function in normal life.

The vast majority of Sonic Fans legitimately cannot negotiate normal life. They truly are dysfunctional and their love of Sonic is a symptom of a much deeper problem.

911 Jumper

Educated
Would it be unwise to play ToTK before BoTW? I'm hoping to pick up both later next year – I've never played them before.

I heard ToTK uses the same map as BoTW, which is why some people say ToTK lacks the sense of mystery and wonder they got when playing BoTW for the first time.

With that in mind, I was thinking about perhaps playing ToTK, with its expanded world and new gameplay features, first, and then visiting BoTW after I've finished.
I get the impression that playing BotW first somewhat dulls the experience of ToTK.

I mean, if you only want to play one of them, then yeah play TotK. If you intend to play both (and I do think they’re both worth playing), play BotW first, but for God’s sake don’t try to play them back to back; I can’t imagine the burnout.

911 Jumper

Educated
Thanks for the replies (sorry no access to Reactions). I won't play them back to back, sounds like putting some distance between them is a must. Tempted to start with TotK first. Just waiting for all the patches to be rolled into one cart.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
zelda fans are not comparable to Sonic fans. Most Zelda fans are garden variety jackasses who are really into their media, but can still function in normal life.

The vast majority of Sonic Fans legitimately cannot negotiate normal life. They truly are dysfunctional and their love of Sonic is a symptom of a much deeper problem.
Sonic fans are autistic manchildren and female furries. Zelda fans are BPD girls covered in tattoos and #metoo accusations or speed running trannies. If you think either are functional you're delusional. There's a reason why Zelda and Mario 64 are the big speed running games and speed runners cannot negotiate soap let alone a normal life.
Would it be unwise to play ToTK before BoTW? I'm hoping to pick up both later next year – I've never played them before.
Absolutely. TOTK uses the same base map and adds 2 additional ones above and below ground. It uses a completely different set of abilities and the map changes make a big difference in the feel of the game. BOTW will end in burn out (you play until you get sick of it and go to the last boss). ToTK so far feels like it's own thing and the reused map is big enough that you never really learn it playing the original any way. You're always pushing forward and rarely retracing your steps.

If you can I would get BOTW in the current sales and play it now. Then next Christmas get TOTK. It should be a big enough gap to refresh yourself.

911 Jumper

Educated
Absolutely. TOTK uses the same base map and adds 2 additional ones above and below ground. It uses a completely different set of abilities and the map changes make a big difference in the feel of the game. BOTW will end in burn out (you play until you get sick of it and go to the last boss). ToTK so far feels like it's own thing and the reused map is big enough that you never really learn it playing the original any way. You're always pushing forward and rarely retracing your steps.

If you can I would get BOTW in the current sales and play it now. Then next Christmas get TOTK. It should be a big enough gap to refresh yourself.
Thank you for the reply. That makes things a lot clearer. I'll go with BotW then, as suggested. It's £45 brand new at the moment (down from ~£50). I had hoped it'd drop a little further, but it seems unlikely. Around this time last year, Amazon dropped it to £32. It unsurprisingly sold out within a few hours, and I unfortunately missed it.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated

Thank you for the reply. That makes things a lot clearer. I'll go with BotW then, as suggested. It's £45 brand new at the moment (down from ~£50). I had hoped it'd drop a little further, but it seems unlikely. Around this time last year, Amazon dropped it to £32. It unsurprisingly sold out within a few hours, and I unfortunately missed it.
I looked and the best I could find is Ebay doing it about that cost but usually without a case. If you have a Wiiu it runs better on it and can be soft modded with little effort.

911 Jumper

Educated
I looked and the best I could find is Ebay doing it about that cost but usually without a case. If you have a Wiiu it runs better on it and can be soft modded with little effort.
I usually don't buy second hand games for Switch. Also, I can't be sure how old the carts on eBay are – I could be buying a BotW cart made in 2017, which would require a bunch of patches. I want the latest cart revision for BotW updated with the six or so patches. I'm more likely to get a fully patched cart by buying brand new direct from Amazon (or any other popular mainstream retailer).

Never owned a Wii U – it's a console I know very little about, surprised to hear BotW runs better.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
I usually don't buy second hand games for Switch. Also, I can't be sure how old the carts on eBay are – I could be buying a BotW cart made in 2017, which would require a bunch of patches. I want the latest cart revision for BotW updated with the six or so patches. I'm more likely to get a fully patched cart by buying brand new direct from Amazon (or any other popular mainstream retailer).

Never owned a Wii U – it's a console I know very little about, surprised to hear BotW runs better.
Is there a DLC version? I think it has 2 of those.

911 Jumper

Educated

Is there a DLC version? I think it has 2 of those.
There is. It includes all the DLC and patches for BotW. But it's exclusive to Japan, and I believe it was only available in limited numbers.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Suck down that totk! Learn to love it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom