Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ZOMGPATRICSTEWART!!!! Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Unfortunately, it doesn't really look like a Castlevania game (and it wasn't one originally). Still, I might be getting it if puzzles turn out to be fun. Combat doesn't seem to be all that great, but at least the protagonist isn't as annoying and unlikable as Kratos.

Durwyn

Prophet
Altough I don't really like slashers, this looks mighty fine. Only for consoles ?

Luzur

Good Sir
i havent played Castlevania since Castlevania 1-2 and that collection cd for playstation (rondo of blood? it had that rare game)

Combat looks way too much like God of War, right down to the weapon with huge range and priority, so I'm not too keen on that. And Kojima is in on it too, which is never a good thing nowadays.

But...the Castlevania series is one of the few series to keep real difficulty throughout the franchise history, and it would be nice to finally abandon the totally asstastic character design of the protagonists as men who don't look like men.

Might be good, but my initial prediction is mediocre.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Edward_R_Murrow said:
And Kojima is in on it too, which is never a good thing nowadays.
It's not clear what his job is. He's not writing, he's not directing, he's not even producing. In the video he says that he'll be "supporting the team". That's it. My guess? Konami put Kojima Productions logo on the box because people dig Kojima. Kinda like what Interplay did with BIS logo and Baldur's Gate.

Luzur

Good Sir
Dire Roach said:
Haven't all the 3D Castlevania games turned out to be shit compared to the 2D ones?

pretty much yes.
*cringes at his memories of the Castlevania for N64.*

Phelot

Arcane
I really want another side scrolling Castlevania game, even if it was just a cheapy released on Xbox arcade or something. Fuck these newer ones. 1 and 3 were awesome. I never got too into 2, though it was pretty novel.

I liked SotN. "A MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS" even if Alucard is a huge homo.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Edward_R_Murrow said:
But...the Castlevania series is one of the few series to keep real difficulty throughout the franchise history

This is not true. Starting with Symphony of the night, the difficulty of the Castlevania games became pretty much non-existent. Although the they gained some stuff from it, the modern iterations of the Castlevania franchise are far from difficult.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
This game looks more like the direction that the series should've taken, instead of going with the shitty anime art style and wannabe metroid gameplay. We'll see how it turns out.

Data4

Arcane
Phantasmal said:
Data4 said:
I've never played a Castlevania game before....
What kind of caveman has never played any Castlevania games?

Here: http://nintendo8.com/game/343/castlevania/

I might check it out eventually. Just never was into platformers early on in the old school console days. I played my obligatory Super Mario Bros. and it was on to Dragon Warrior, Zelda, Final Fantasy, etc. The Next Gen action adventure take on it and other games like Soul Calibur, DMC, etc., are starting to catch my attention.

WalterKinde

Scholar
Looks part Devil May Cry, Part God Of War from the action.
Maybe a good platformer can come of this but i'll wait till release day to judge it.
Not going to fall for the hype

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom