Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A KotOR game to be developed by BioWare

denizsi

Arcane
In other insignificant news, I'd like to say how I despise shitty internet response like "boo fucking hoo", "hop dee doo" and its ilk, as well as presumptuous judgements such as "get a life". I fucking hate people who feel the need resort to such useless shit, and it's worse when they use such "expressions" in real life. Motherfucking snobs.

MetalCraze

Arcane
ghostdog said:
it's not a fucking masterpiece but it was a fun game, and showing such hate for it is absolutely insane.

I doubt somebody here hates KotOR1. I have a sin of completing it... many times. but with KotOR2 story-line which was so much better - I don't want it to transform into "bad bad villain who hates everyone because he is evil and you must save the universe from him along with the brave rhythm of Soule's epic soundtrack"
and that's the only type of games Bioware is doing for the last 6 years.
I wouldn't mind seeing another KotOR by Bioware - if KotOR2 would never happen.
but now it's too late.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Update

"The slide in John's presentation is titled 'Best Creative Talent'--it addresses future and past titles,...KOTOR, Black, Boogie, Skate and some other titles on the slide speak to past portfolio releases and the pedigree of the studio but do not specifically address future sequels."

Shannow

Waster of Time
Jasede said:
RK47 said:
Shagnak said:
We need an RPG where you have to destroy the world
snip
You're very, very ill.
I actually like the ideas. Let the player gain social status. Let him gain "friends" npcs who one might actually care about. Let him trust some kind of paragon/father figure and then strip him of everything. Let alle people he put trust in betray him.
Give him the possibility to ally himself with the former "evil" ones and give him the possibility to do some really evil stuff to his fake friends and punish him if he is merciful.

Jasede, have you ever read "die Judenbuche"? They really fuck with that guy. Now imagine him be given the possibility to take revenge ;)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That's not what I mean. I mean the graphic "curb stomp and give option between slow and fast death" thing.

Besides, revenge only leads to more hatred.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Jasede said:
That's not what I mean. I mean the graphic "curb stomp and give option between slow and fast death" thing.

Besides, revenge only leads to more hatred.

I'm just stating one of the extreme examples of 'justified hatred'. I haven't seen Mass Effect yet, but Volly said there's a bunch of evil stuff Shepard CAN do if you wish it, so we'll see.

I'm sure there are plenty of injustices like that in game but it always resolve itself in insta-gib(you crit bad guy for 10k dmg, yay revenge) in most Bioware's BG game or a quick force lightning to settle it minus satisfaction. but i'm just curious. What would drive a guy to destroy the world. Or somehow, break the system down. What sort of treatment would drive a nice guy suddenly over the edge and 'fight without holding back'? I seen a couple of evil deeds in RPG and most of the time I didn't really fight to ruin / destroy the person, i'm doing it to upgrade my gear or this guy is preventing me from progressing through the plot. Or a more down to earth EXP / Loot needs.

That or ask Osama I guess.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"KotOR2 story-line which was so much better"

L0L Funniest thing I've read thus far today.

axedice

Cipher
Then allow me to make you even happier. Kotor's dialogues were limited to "Oh baby I'm falling to the dark side, please save meh", "You're not good/not the one you think, but you're teh great EVUL bwhahaha" etc. and the memory wiped ex-villian in goody shoes (or evul shoes, it doesn't matter much) offered little entertainment storywise. The Rakatans were an intresting (by far the most intresting) element in the game but there was little interaction with them anyway.

Kotor2 on the other hand, had a far deeper storyline concerning the force and facing one's demons (this is nothing new, but it doesn't get old either) with dialogues not dumbed down to 10 year old sw fans (clone wars anyone?). And yes, forsaking the force on purpose is way better than having a format c:\

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"on the other hand, had a far deeper storyline concerning the force and facing one's demons (this is nothing new, but it doesn't get old either) with dialogues not dumbed down to 10 year old sw fans (clone wars anyone?). And yes, forsaking the force on purpose is way better than having a format c:\"

L0LLIGAGZ!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom