Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aliens: Dark Descent - real-time squad-based tactical action

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'll take a linear game any day over all that bloated stuff out there. I thought the game would be cheap licensed crap, but the more I read here, the better it sounds. How long does it take to finish the game?
From what I have seen if you are not trying to play fast it can easily take you 40h for one playthrough. And I think if you plan to try it once on Medium difficulty and another time on harder there is enough fun for two runs.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
I'll take a linear game any day over all that bloated stuff out there. I thought the game would be cheap licensed crap, but the more I read here, the better it sounds. How long does it take to finish the game?
From what I have seen if you are not trying to play fast it can easily take you 40h for one playthrough. And I think if you plan to try it once on Medium difficulty and another time on harder there is enough fun for two runs.
Thanks, 40 hours is more than enough.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So I beat it at 22 hours if Steam is to believed, but I blew through the game and didn't really explore or 100% anything. I had like 15 days left, so I guess I didn't really need to rush. Hard difficulty except for enemy HP.

I'm not sure how to feel about this one. I like it. It's definitely a sleeper hit from an old IP with little marketing. But it's also held back by a ton of bad design decisions that's exacerbated by bugs.

This game seems like it came straight out of the 90's/early 00's. It's a full game, complete at launch, with no modern monetization gimmicks. A lot of it reminded me of older games, especially it's narrative-driven, mission-based structure.

Unfortunately, that's kind of where it falls apart. This game really shines when you're just stuck in a maze of corridors, guiding your marines through while watching the motion tracker. It's essentially the best squad-based dungeon delver I've played in years. Probably ever of a type like this.

If I was given a million dollars or whatever the budget was for this game, I would've just made it a freeform campaign where you can select missions from a global map, each with its risks and rewards, and just pepper the story in.

Instead, Aliens: Dark Descent takes the other route, where it drags you kicking and screaming to an egg through an agonizingly boring, c-tier Aliens movie script involving characters you won't care about and plot points that are generic in the extreme.

Dozens of unskippable cutscenes, annoying railroaded sections, that entire disaster of a final mission. All of it feels like someone grabbed you by the collar and shoved their script in your face, saying "isn't this cool?!" I should know, that's something I do. :cool:

I wouldn't mind as much if the story was good or at least interesting, but it's serviceable at best and head-scratchingly bad at worst. I'm not an Aliens fanboy by any means, but I know a little something about the setting, and this game offered absolutely no twists or new lore (that I care about).

But the gameplay is more than good enough to make up for it. It is surprisingly well-balanced, from the actual tactical puzzle of the missions, to the ship mechanics and even the classes. Each of the classes brings something vital to the table (except possibly the tecker, since I found the battle drone too high-cost and not worth the investment). Sgts in particular are especially necessary, as you'll be spamming their morale ability as much as you remember to.

If I had to change one thing, it would be to remove the motion sensor and the automapping. Maybe there's a setting that does that. You play differently when you know where the enemies are and where you have to go. Most of the game you basically have wallhacks and just sneak around stuff.

But being in the dark and lost, with aliens crawling around you, that's terrific.

Anyways, good game. Could've been much better. But it's 2023, so I'll take what I can get.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
My very early thoughts. This is NOT A REVIEW, so chill tf out if you don't like the negative shit I have to say. This is all surface level bullshit I'm talking about, with alot of XCOM comparisons. I will probably record a full mission proper if I ain't too drunk and upload it before I go to sleep.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Besides that, the game was good. I will probably never play it again, though, now knowing the story. The tactical aspect was fine, but I wish it was in a more sandboxy game instead of this, very linear campaign.

Yeah, if there's one thing I really want from a DLC is some kind of sandbox mode. They can even take the existing maps and just make some kind of "survival" mode where you have to complete randomised objectives on the map while the alien threat escalates and I'll have a lot of fun with that. I think a full-on sandbox campaign more akin to the XCom games is probably hoping for too much from a AA game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Needs to be an option to reduce squad dialogue by alot. I don't want to completely mute them but they can shut the fuck up for a minute or two.
That was already fixed for PC master race.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Someone made a mod that adds the correct sounds to the game
And it has the option to add the music from the movie as well! I dig the original game music though, as it's clearly inspired by the movie, so it can stay. I'm on the fence about the effects though.

randir14

Augur

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Aliens: Dark Descent - First Major Update

Dear Weyland-Yutani Shareholders,

First of all, we apologize for the delay in releasing the patch notes. The board of directors had to scrupulously review the report.

The R&D department at Tindalos Interactive has been diligently working on "Building Better Games" with our latest project,
Aliens: Dark Descent

In pursuit of excellence, we're set to roll out our first major patch, meticulously crafted based on community feedback. This patch marks a significant leap in our constant drive to refine, balance, and achieve the perfect gaming organism.

With a mix of enhancements, balancing tweaks, and fixes, expect a more immersive descent into the alien world. This isn't just an update; it's a testament to our commitment to you, our esteemed shareholders.

Here’s a reminder of the topics for the general assembly regarding the next patch:
  • Add the possibility to skip the prologue
  • Introduce an option to make the campaign deathclock obsolete
  • Implement an autosave feature when quitting the Otago
  • And many more…
Please remember that profits should remain our primary consideration for the sake of the project's development. So, keep supporting us by giving the game a thumbs up.

Sincerely,

Romain Clavier
Deputy Administrator,
Weyland-Yutani Corporation

Bug fixes
Major
  • Fix of an error preventing the player to unlock the Olduvai Refinery (Mission 11) when finishing Pryce of Deception (Mission 10). If your progress is currently blocked you can redeploy to Pryce of Deception and directly extract to unlock the Mission 11.
  • Heavily wounded marine are now saved when extracting after the defense phase at the end of Harper's Hell (Mission 3)
  • Prevent a bug allowing the player to complete the objective "Shutdown vent fans" before unlocking it during the mission Pryce of Deception (Mission 10)
  • Veterinarian McNeil no longer disappear when dropped on the ground in the mines of Dead Hills (Mission 1)
  • Civilians no longer disappear when dropped on the ground of a lift
  • Civilians dropped on the floor are still considered as part of the squad
  • Fix the Massive Onslaught directly stopping after it starts
    Improvement of several issues blocking the dialogs and preventing the player from progressing further
  • Add a protection that will teleport your marines, drones, civilians near their current position if they are stuck in the environment
  • Brawler personality trait is now working properly
  • General improvement of the stability when using a gamepad (Crash/navigation/usability)
  • Prevent a crash from happening on the Welcome screen
  • Fix a crash that could happen when eggs were opening to release facehuggers
  • Prevent a crash caused by the Alien AI
  • Fix an issue where a marines enduring a Facehugger's embrace during recover from ragdoll doesn't block his skills and movements
  • Reselecting an objective no longer makes it disappear on the top left corner of your tactical view
  • Fix an issue where in McNeil's lab, looting the datapad right after the sentry gun might result in a blocker
  • Fix an issue endlessly blocking the marine in an interaction when using the flashlight
  • Add of several safeguards preventing aliens to be stuck in patrol
  • Fix of the lift floor interaction first button focus by default (only on mouse/keyboard)
  • Fix of a crash when loading the autosave of the Runner's introduction cinematic
  • The alien will always attack Maeko if she gets detected in the Otago (Mission 9)
  • Humanoids will always spawn during the tutorial "Cover" in Berkley's Dock (Mission 2)
  • Fix of the crash occuring when repairing a Sentry in front of the Queen's room of the Tantalus Base (Mission 8)
  • Bleeding timer is now correctly stopped during a scripted sequence
  • Placing a sentry at the start of the basement -2 of Atmospheric Nightmare (Mission 6) no longer kill the scripted aliens which was resulting in a blocker
  • You can no longer be blocked using the incinerator unit during Berkley's Dock (Mission 2)
  • Repaired synthetic can now fire with a pistol
  • Fix of a potential crash when loading an autosave during a Massive Onslaught
  • Fix a blocker that was happening when spamming A + RB during the first deployment tutorial
  • To avoid a potential blocker, you can no longer take lift while the ARC tutorial is ongoing during Dead Hills (Mission 1)
  • Potential fix of a crash that was occuring when opening a datapad while watching a camera feed
  • The days are now displayed in the PCU list instead of the traumas' name
  • Marines no longer get stuck when taking damage during recover from a ragdoll
  • Fix pathfinding issue when taking the elevator from the 2nd floor to 1st floor in Berkley's Dock (Mission 2) creating a blocker
  • Fix a potential blocker when loading an autosave occuring while a scripted sequence is ongoing
  • Fix an issue where the player was not allowed to use the middle elevator after the APC tutorial in Dead Hills (mission 1)
  • Add auto saves during the power loader sequence in Olduvai (mission 11)
  • Fix an issue that can prevent the mine objective to trigger in Dead Hills (mission 1)
  • Fix the Keller objectives in Nuclear Protocole (mission 5)
  • Fix the Anand objectives in Nuclear Protocole (mission 5)
  • Lot of display improvements and fixes on the UI during mission and the Otago
  • Fix marine upgrade visual sometime disappearing after purchase
  • Fix a problem with the lifts where the player had to get out of the lift to trigger it again
  • Fix a crash that could occurs when taking a lift with a left behind drone
  • Players now get the proper outcome for not saving the survivors in Olduvaï (Mission 11)
  • Fix an issue that make the skills unusable if in the drone menu when all tecker dies
  • Fix an issue where using the Overloaded Plasma Beam to an Alien performing a special attack could sometimes freezes the game
  • Fix a crash in Berkley's Dock (mission 2) that could occur when taking the elevator from the second floor
  • Synth recovered during mission are now properly converted into enginer when getting back in the Otago
  • Fix many issues when taking the lift to Montero (mission 7)
  • Fix the event "sabotage of the Otago's generator" so it could not be repeated indifinitly
Minor
  • Retribution can now be used in every condition (not blocked while a marine is under Suppresive Fire)
  • Reprimand can now be used in every condition (not blocked while a marine is under Suppresive Fire)
  • The loading bar will now correctly appear above the Sentry when upgrading it
  • Removal of the Kill Objective Icon displayed outside of the map at the beginning of the Tantalus Base mission (Mission 8)
  • Aliens should not longer die in T pose
  • Fire now destroy the eggs as expected
  • Marines secured inside the ARC/APC can no longer be killed or take any stress damage by any way
  • Fix an issue preventing you to brake the weld in Atmospheric Nightmare (Mission 6)
  • Removal of the indestructible door in Atmospheric Nightmare (Mission 6)
  • General improvement of the colliders in every missions
  • Removal of a flying object in Atmospheric Nightmare (Mission 6)
  • The cursor is no longer invisible when opening the ESC menu during an interlude
  • Aliens are now able to breach all breachable doors
  • ARC/APC are no longer blocked by a dead marine
  • Fix an issue that was changing the colorimetry when opening the Inspect Squad while checking a camera
  • Graphical improvement of Berkley's Dock (Mission 2)
  • Fix a door that was not updating its colors properly when unlocked
  • Fix gamepad issue during the tutorial of the Deployable Motion Tracker on Dead Hills (Mission 1)
  • Changing the shortcut of the Deployable Motion Tracker no longer blocks the tutorial of the skill
  • The game could crash under specific conditions when doing the tutorial "Cover" in Berkley's Dock (Mission 2)
  • A marine could get stuck between a cover and an ammocrate near the moutain door of the Tantalus Base mission (Mission 8)
  • Fix of an icon clipping on a title on the mission report Statistics panel
  • Fix texture error on minimap
  • Fix an issue preventing all Command Points from being restored if you heal the stress effect disobediant in the process
  • Fix a bug preventing all the sentries to be picked up to obtain the maximum amount
  • Fix of the attribute Encouraging speech healing the right stress value only the first time a Rest was done (now heals every time)
  • Fix of door where the marine was playing the animation in reverse in Pioneer Station (Mission 5)
  • The event "Mental Breakdown" will now apply the right amount of trauma points when acquired
  • The turret of the ARC will now correctly rotate while on waiting on a waypoint position
  • The VFX of the ARC firing will now correctly appear while on waiting on a waypoint position
  • Fix of the animations while interacting with terminals on the Security floor in Pryce of Deception (Mission 10)
  • Fix of sound not playing while many sounds are played simultaneously
  • Dockers are now visible even after loading the related autosave during the Docker's Reveal cinematic in Berkley's Dock (Mission 2)
  • Fix of the objective indicator position for the related "Kill Squad" objective in the Office level of Pryce of Deception (Mission 10)
  • Fix the size of the shelter tooltip on the map
  • Dead marines and drones don't give vision anymore
  • Marines can now walk in the fire area if they are stuck inside one
    Between Atmospheric Nightmare (Mission 6) and Berkley's Dock The Montero (Mission 7) the highlight of the Medbay button will be correctly displayed
  • During the misison report the tooltip of trauma acquired by marines will now be correctly displayed
  • You can no longer skip the Hangar sequence during the Otago mission (Mission 9)
  • Floors of locations are only displayed relatively to the campaign's progression
  • The cursor will keep its current position on the welcome screen
  • Dead synths will no longer talk
  • Fix of a room name not displayed on the right floor on Tantalus Base (Mission 8)
  • Marine's models will no longer reset when cancelling a marine promotion
  • The spawn point of the final mission are no longer revealed after the first scripted sequence of the mission (Mission 12)
  • Fix of the camera misplaced when entering the mines after taking the elevator during Dead Hills (Mission 1)
  • Object icons are no longer reveal on the map after a scripted sequence
  • Fix of the covers in the warehouse in Pryce of Deception (Mission 10)
  • You can no longer save and kill the same survivor in Atmospheric Nightmare's secondary objective (Mission 6)
  • Tooltips are now correctly displayed when navigating with the gamepad on the marine panel
  • Fire now works properly on every enemies
  • The UI is no longer displayed during the chestbuster skin scripted sequence of Dead Hills (Mission 1)
  • The UI is no longer displayed during the Queen scripted sequence of Dead Hills (Mission 1)
  • The UI is no longer displayed during the first scripted sequence of Olduvai Mine (Mission 11)
  • A marine about the enter the powerloader or ordered to carry is no longer eligible to perform interactions
  • A carried marine no longer stays attached to the carrier after a save load even when crouching
  • Fix an issue when promoting a marine and using a controller
  • The mine floor is no longer displayed on the sectormap in Dead Hills (Mission 1)
  • The motion tracker no longer works on the basement -2 floor of the Olduvai Mine mission (Mission 11)
  • Fix of the legend of the map to add the terminals unlocked
  • Fix of an entry point disappearing after going into the deployment selection
  • There is no longer a lost signal on the motion tracker if the player goes back from basement -2 to basement -1 in Olduvai Mine (Mission 11)
  • Removal of the timer displayed next to "interfering signal" in the basement -2 in Olduvai Mine (Mission 11)
  • Maeko now have a FX when using a welder in the Otago mission (Mission 9)
  • Revealing a corrupted floor on the sector map won't cost any tools when using a gamepad
  • Fix of the camera rotation not stopping during the Queen scripted sequence in Olduvai Mine mission (Mission 11)
  • Fix of the camera during the scripted sequence at the start of the second floor of the Refinery mission (Mission 3)
  • Fix of the camera misplaced when entering the Montero after taking the elevator during Berkley's Dock (Mission 7)
  • You can no longer select the continue button multiple times during the warning message
  • The Cheyenne can no longer pass through the floor during the cutscene at the end of the Prologue
  • Fix an animation issue that was occuring when a marine is interupted when getting in the Powerloader
  • The Codex categories new entry marker will now be correctly removed when all the new entries are checked
  • Enemies dots on the map no longer have different sizes
  • Aliens are no longer affected by other Aliens crowd control effects to avoid potential alien getting stuck in the environment creating a blocker
  • Aliens are no longer attracted by an abducted marine
  • Tactical GUI no longer stays displayed while opening the map
  • Stasis tutorial in the warehouse of Berkley's Dock (Mission 2) now have enough cover space for the squad and followers
  • Civilians now have unique customization
  • Fix of a flying crate in the Otago Hangar during the mission launch
  • Loading or leaving the game when a marine is abducted no longer unlocked the related achievement
  • The GUI is now correctly updating when switching from keyboard to controller on the map
  • The text "The squad is in the search area" is now correctly displayed when the squad is effectively in the search area
  • The two Basement -1 floors of the Olduvai Mine (Mission 11) are now distinguished as B-1A/B-1B
  • Drake's datapad informations are correctly updated in the choice if you have recovered the related datapads
  • Fix sound issues when opening the ESC menu
  • ARC/APC no longer pushes marines who are in coma
  • Loading an autosave with a sergeant that has the backpack upgrade will no longer put a command point on cooldown
  • Various text overlap fixes across various menus
  • The lift leading to the Montero from Berkley's Dock (Mission 7) now correctly display floor -2 instead of floor 0
  • General improvement of the secondary mission of Montero from Berkley's Dock (Mission 7) requiring the player to check several datapads
  • ARC/APC will no longer push marines that are in a coma and on their path and will simply roll over them
  • Map will no longer blink when opening/closing fast a camera feed
  • Lighting improvement on Olduvai (mission 11)
  • Fix an issue where one of the marine during the final Olduvaï defense phase could be stuck
  • Add a video on ambush codex entry
  • Fix fog of war issues on Olduvai (mission 11)
  • Fix culling issues on some assets of the final mission
  • Fix some clipping issues
  • Fix an issue where the lift door stay closed after the defense phase in Berkley's Dock (M2)
  • Fix an issue than could occurs when spam clicking during multiple level promotion
  • Fix camera orientation issues during scripted events in Olduvai (mission 11)
  • Marlow's blood in the final mission is now white : )
  • Fix an in game animation when saving Stern
  • Fix some minor tactical drone issues
  • Fix an issue where the dialogue icon could not be removed properly
  • Fix some shelters that did not triggered properly in Berckley's Dock (Mission 2)
  • Fix distorted texture in the building on the ground floor of Extraction (Mission 8)
  • Fix a UI animation in the save menu
  • Fix a visual issue where some collider could be visible
  • Fog of war is now properly rendered in the prologue
  • Fix the ARC starting position in Otago last stand (mission 4) that could cause some bugs
  • Fix the position of a crate in Olduvai (mission 11)
  • Fix Aliens reaction to fire
  • Shortcuts for drone skills are now properly working
  • Now marine can't run when using overchaged plasma skill
  • Fix an issue where mines did not trigger properly
  • It is now possible to reload a secondary weapon
  • The "kill that bastard" icone is now removed properly on dead eggs
  • Fix some issues with the oil puddle interaction
  • The ARC now corectly rotate its barrel to aim at the aliens during defense phase of Harper's Hell (mission 3)
  • Fix some animations during the Otago cutscenes
  • Fix an issue where Alien could ignore Maeko after using Chemical tracker in Facing the beast (mission 9)
  • The flare icon is now correctly remove from eggs that are already opened.
  • Fix barks spamming when time is dilated
Localization
  • Update of the localization (add of new elements and improvement of existing ones)
  • Update of the stress effects tooltip and related Codex entries to match the effect
  • Update of the description of the weapons statistics to match the proper Ammo per Burst for each weapon
  • Update of the Tired tooltip to match the effect
  • Update of the values in the tooltip description (upgrade, traits, traumas, Codex assistant)
  • Fix of format of the XP gain in the Training Room (no longer display 1-1XP)
  • Fix of typo error in the Otago events descriptions (Abandoned Lab / Salvage Operation)
  • Update of the Precision Shot tooltip description to match its true damages
  • Add of the shotgun stun information on the Codex Assistant Titan entry
  • Improvement of the Codex Assistant (fix typo issues and overall improvement of the descriptions)
  • Fix of the Codex entry Workshop to display the right amount magazines value for the Smartgun and the Heavy Pulse Rifle
  • Fix of the Codex entry Workshop to display the right Material cost value for the Plasma Rifle
  • Improvement of the Facehugger Codex Assistant entry
  • The "Security Pass" is now localized
  • The "Power Core" is now localized
  • Fix of the Mind of Steel attribute description to match the effect
  • Fix of the Credits
  • Torrance name will now use all available alphabets
  • Interactions tooltip will no longer display cost when they cost 0 supplies
  • Update of the customization name limitation in several language to avoid too long names
  • Precision on several attributes and upgrades that their effects are not cumulative
  • On the loading menu the difficulty Easy is now correctly displayed as Story
  • Workshop weapons description has been fixed and improved
  • s for second is now correctly translated in all languages
  • Fix of an error message in russian not dispalyed correcly "Pick up Sentry"
  • Fix of the weapon panel translation in every languages
  • In the loading panel the Otago mission (Mission 9) is now correctly translated in every languages
Balancing :
  • Aliens will now only detect you faster if you are close to the source of the noise you've made (instead of all the time)
  • Few covers were disabled in Atmospheric Nightmare (Mission 6°)
  • Drastically increase the humanoids respawn timer in M2, M3, M7 and M10
  • The power loader phase of Olduvai Main Mine (Mission 11) is now an infinite onslaught
  • Suppression of various shelter position across various locations (M1, M3, M7, M10, M11)
  • The power loader phase of Tantalus Base (Mission 8) is now an infinite onslaught
  • Crushers during the final defense of the Olduvai Mine (Mission 11) are dispatched through every available spawn points
New content
  • Addition of 5 new traumas to add more diversity :
    - Hypochondriac
    - Hematophobia
    - Anthrophobia
    - Obsessive-Compulsive
    - Xenomorphobia

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Unfortunately, Nexus deleted the mod. Probably because of the music. Sucks...
God damn. When I first saw the mod I thought I should save it in case that happened, but of course I didn't.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1150440/discussions/0/3810656958842574520/
Thanks. The guy just released a more up to date version in his pinned comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6w5Qr5f_b8
This mod is essential...

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

First of all, we apologize for the delay in releasing the patch notes. The board of directors had to scrupulously review the report.

The R&D department at Tindalos Interactive has been diligently working on "Building Better Games" with our latest project,

In pursuit of excellence, we're set to roll out our first major patch, meticulously crafted based on community feedback. This patch marks a significant leap in our constant drive to refine, balance, and achieve the perfect gaming organism.

With a mix of enhancements, balancing tweaks, and fixes, expect a more immersive descent into the alien world. This isn't just an update; it's a testament to our commitment to you, our esteemed shareholders.

Here’s a reminder of the topics for the general assembly regarding the next patch:
  • And many more…
Please remember that profits should remain our primary consideration for the sake of the project's development. So, keep supporting us by giving the game a thumbs up.

Sincerely,

Romain Clavier
Deputy Administrator,

Bug fixes
Major
  • Fix of an error preventing the player to unlock the Olduvai Refinery (Mission 11) when finishing Pryce of Deception (Mission 10). If your progress is currently blocked you can redeploy to Pryce of Deception and directly extract to unlock the Mission 11.
  • Heavily wounded marine are now saved when extracting after the defense phase at the end of Harper's Hell (Mission 3)
  • Prevent a bug allowing the player to complete the objective "Shutdown vent fans" before unlocking it during the mission Pryce of Deception (Mission 10)
  • Veterinarian McNeil no longer disappear when dropped on the ground in the mines of Dead Hills (Mission 1)
    Improvement of several issues blocking the dialogs and preventing the player from progressing further
  • Add a protection that will teleport your marines, drones, civilians near their current position if they are stuck in the environment
  • General improvement of the stability when using a gamepad (Crash/navigation/usability)
  • Fix an issue where a marines enduring a Facehugger's embrace during recover from ragdoll doesn't block his skills and movements
  • Reselecting an objective no longer makes it disappear on the top left corner of your tactical view
  • Fix an issue where in McNeil's lab, looting the datapad right after the sentry gun might result in a blocker
  • Fix an issue endlessly blocking the marine in an interaction when using the flashlight
  • Fix of the lift floor interaction first button focus by default (only on mouse/keyboard)
  • Fix of a crash when loading the autosave of the Runner's introduction cinematic
  • The alien will always attack Maeko if she gets detected in the Otago (Mission 9)
  • Humanoids will always spawn during the tutorial "Cover" in Berkley's Dock (Mission 2)
  • Fix of the crash occuring when repairing a Sentry in front of the Queen's room of the Tantalus Base (Mission 8)
  • Placing a sentry at the start of the basement -2 of Atmospheric Nightmare (Mission 6) no longer kill the scripted aliens which was resulting in a blocker
  • You can no longer be blocked using the incinerator unit during Berkley's Dock (Mission 2)
  • Fix a blocker that was happening when spamming A + RB during the first deployment tutorial
  • To avoid a potential blocker, you can no longer take lift while the ARC tutorial is ongoing during Dead Hills (Mission 1)
  • Potential fix of a crash that was occuring when opening a datapad while watching a camera feed
  • Fix pathfinding issue when taking the elevator from the 2nd floor to 1st floor in Berkley's Dock (Mission 2) creating a blocker
  • Fix a potential blocker when loading an autosave occuring while a scripted sequence is ongoing
  • Fix an issue where the player was not allowed to use the middle elevator after the APC tutorial in Dead Hills (mission 1)
  • Fix an issue that can prevent the mine objective to trigger in Dead Hills (mission 1)
  • Fix a problem with the lifts where the player had to get out of the lift to trigger it again
  • Players now get the proper outcome for not saving the survivors in Olduvaï (Mission 11)
  • Fix an issue that make the skills unusable if in the drone menu when all tecker dies
  • Fix an issue where using the Overloaded Plasma Beam to an Alien performing a special attack could sometimes freezes the game
  • Fix a crash in Berkley's Dock (mission 2) that could occur when taking the elevator from the second floor
  • Synth recovered during mission are now properly converted into enginer when getting back in the Otago
  • Fix the event "sabotage of the Otago's generator" so it could not be repeated indifinitly
Minor
  • Retribution can now be used in every condition (not blocked while a marine is under Suppresive Fire)
  • Reprimand can now be used in every condition (not blocked while a marine is under Suppresive Fire)
  • Removal of the Kill Objective Icon displayed outside of the map at the beginning of the Tantalus Base mission (Mission 8)
  • Marines secured inside the ARC/APC can no longer be killed or take any stress damage by any way
  • Fix an issue preventing you to brake the weld in Atmospheric Nightmare (Mission 6)
  • The cursor is no longer invisible when opening the ESC menu during an interlude
  • Fix an issue that was changing the colorimetry when opening the Inspect Squad while checking a camera
  • Fix gamepad issue during the tutorial of the Deployable Motion Tracker on Dead Hills (Mission 1)
  • Changing the shortcut of the Deployable Motion Tracker no longer blocks the tutorial of the skill
  • The game could crash under specific conditions when doing the tutorial "Cover" in Berkley's Dock (Mission 2)
  • A marine could get stuck between a cover and an ammocrate near the moutain door of the Tantalus Base mission (Mission 8)
  • Fix an issue preventing all Command Points from being restored if you heal the stress effect disobediant in the process
  • Fix a bug preventing all the sentries to be picked up to obtain the maximum amount
  • Fix of the attribute Encouraging speech healing the right stress value only the first time a Rest was done (now heals every time)
  • Fix of door where the marine was playing the animation in reverse in Pioneer Station (Mission 5)
  • The event "Mental Breakdown" will now apply the right amount of trauma points when acquired
  • The turret of the ARC will now correctly rotate while on waiting on a waypoint position
  • The VFX of the ARC firing will now correctly appear while on waiting on a waypoint position
  • Fix of the animations while interacting with terminals on the Security floor in Pryce of Deception (Mission 10)
  • Dockers are now visible even after loading the related autosave during the Docker's Reveal cinematic in Berkley's Dock (Mission 2)
  • Fix of the objective indicator position for the related "Kill Squad" objective in the Office level of Pryce of Deception (Mission 10)
    Between Atmospheric Nightmare (Mission 6) and Berkley's Dock The Montero (Mission 7) the highlight of the Medbay button will be correctly displayed
  • During the misison report the tooltip of trauma acquired by marines will now be correctly displayed
  • You can no longer skip the Hangar sequence during the Otago mission (Mission 9)
  • Floors of locations are only displayed relatively to the campaign's progression
  • Fix of a room name not displayed on the right floor on Tantalus Base (Mission 8)
  • The spawn point of the final mission are no longer revealed after the first scripted sequence of the mission (Mission 12)
  • Fix of the camera misplaced when entering the mines after taking the elevator during Dead Hills (Mission 1)
  • You can no longer save and kill the same survivor in Atmospheric Nightmare's secondary objective (Mission 6)
  • Tooltips are now correctly displayed when navigating with the gamepad on the marine panel
  • The UI is no longer displayed during the chestbuster skin scripted sequence of Dead Hills (Mission 1)
  • The UI is no longer displayed during the Queen scripted sequence of Dead Hills (Mission 1)
  • The UI is no longer displayed during the first scripted sequence of Olduvai Mine (Mission 11)
  • A marine about the enter the powerloader or ordered to carry is no longer eligible to perform interactions
  • A carried marine no longer stays attached to the carrier after a save load even when crouching
  • The mine floor is no longer displayed on the sectormap in Dead Hills (Mission 1)
  • The motion tracker no longer works on the basement -2 floor of the Olduvai Mine mission (Mission 11)
  • There is no longer a lost signal on the motion tracker if the player goes back from basement -2 to basement -1 in Olduvai Mine (Mission 11)
  • Removal of the timer displayed next to "interfering signal" in the basement -2 in Olduvai Mine (Mission 11)
  • Revealing a corrupted floor on the sector map won't cost any tools when using a gamepad
  • Fix of the camera rotation not stopping during the Queen scripted sequence in Olduvai Mine mission (Mission 11)
  • Fix of the camera during the scripted sequence at the start of the second floor of the Refinery mission (Mission 3)
  • Fix of the camera misplaced when entering the Montero after taking the elevator during Berkley's Dock (Mission 7)
  • You can no longer select the continue button multiple times during the warning message
  • The Cheyenne can no longer pass through the floor during the cutscene at the end of the Prologue
  • Fix an animation issue that was occuring when a marine is interupted when getting in the Powerloader
  • The Codex categories new entry marker will now be correctly removed when all the new entries are checked
  • Aliens are no longer affected by other Aliens crowd control effects to avoid potential alien getting stuck in the environment creating a blocker
  • Stasis tutorial in the warehouse of Berkley's Dock (Mission 2) now have enough cover space for the squad and followers
  • Loading or leaving the game when a marine is abducted no longer unlocked the related achievement
  • The GUI is now correctly updating when switching from keyboard to controller on the map
  • The text "The squad is in the search area" is now correctly displayed when the squad is effectively in the search area
  • The two Basement -1 floors of the Olduvai Mine (Mission 11) are now distinguished as B-1A/B-1B
  • Drake's datapad informations are correctly updated in the choice if you have recovered the related datapads
  • Loading an autosave with a sergeant that has the backpack upgrade will no longer put a command point on cooldown
  • The lift leading to the Montero from Berkley's Dock (Mission 7) now correctly display floor -2 instead of floor 0
  • General improvement of the secondary mission of Montero from Berkley's Dock (Mission 7) requiring the player to check several datapads
  • ARC/APC will no longer push marines that are in a coma and on their path and will simply roll over them
  • Fix an issue where one of the marine during the final Olduvaï defense phase could be stuck
  • Fix an issue where the lift door stay closed after the defense phase in Berkley's Dock (M2)
  • Fix an issue than could occurs when spam clicking during multiple level promotion
  • Fix some shelters that did not triggered properly in Berckley's Dock (Mission 2)
  • Fix distorted texture in the building on the ground floor of Extraction (Mission 8)
  • Fix the ARC starting position in Otago last stand (mission 4) that could cause some bugs
  • The ARC now corectly rotate its barrel to aim at the aliens during defense phase of Harper's Hell (mission 3)
  • Fix an issue where Alien could ignore Maeko after using Chemical tracker in Facing the beast (mission 9)
Localization
  • Update of the localization (add of new elements and improvement of existing ones)
  • Update of the stress effects tooltip and related Codex entries to match the effect
  • Update of the description of the weapons statistics to match the proper Ammo per Burst for each weapon
  • Update of the values in the tooltip description (upgrade, traits, traumas, Codex assistant)
  • Fix of typo error in the Otago events descriptions (Abandoned Lab / Salvage Operation)
  • Improvement of the Codex Assistant (fix typo issues and overall improvement of the descriptions)
  • Fix of the Codex entry Workshop to display the right amount magazines value for the Smartgun and the Heavy Pulse Rifle
  • Fix of the Codex entry Workshop to display the right Material cost value for the Plasma Rifle
  • Fix of the Credits
  • Update of the customization name limitation in several language to avoid too long names
  • Precision on several attributes and upgrades that their effects are not cumulative
  • In the loading panel the Otago mission (Mission 9) is now correctly translated in every languages
Balancing :
  • Aliens will now only detect you faster if you are close to the source of the noise you've made (instead of all the time)
  • The power loader phase of Olduvai Main Mine (Mission 11) is now an infinite onslaught
  • Suppression of various shelter position across various locations (M1, M3, M7, M10, M11)
  • The power loader phase of Tantalus Base (Mission 8) is now an infinite onslaught
  • Crushers during the final defense of the Olduvai Mine (Mission 11) are dispatched through every available spawn points
New content
    - Hypochondriac
    - Hematophobia
    - Anthrophobia
    - Obsessive-Compulsive
    - Xenomorphobia

Damn, these guys don't fuck around lol.

ArchAngel

Arcane

• And many more…

Sincerely,

Romain Clavier
Deputy Administrator,

Bug fixes
Major
Minor
Localization
  • Fix of the Credits
Balancing :
New content
    - Hypochondriac
    - Hematophobia
    - Anthrophobia
    - Obsessive-Compulsive
    - Xenomorphobia

Damn, these guys don't fuck around lol.
Staying in character is fun but the size of these patch notes so soon after the release reminds me of our Owlcat friends and their tendancy to release beta versions in guise of full games..

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The game was pretty buggy at launch. The biggest issues are marines getting stuck in the environment and sometimes events not triggering as they should. Class 2 aliens also tend to bug out and not attack you.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Am I the only one who gets disoriented by the map sometimes? There was a situation where I thought I was running away from a xeno but I was actually moving towards it.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Am I the only one who gets disoriented by the map sometimes? There was a situation where I thought I was running away from a xeno but I was actually moving towards it.
Yeah, after a while I just made sure to be orientated north always, as the map is orientated that way.

The game was pretty buggy at launch. The biggest issues are marines getting stuck in the environment and sometimes events not triggering as they should. Class 2 aliens also tend to bug out and not attack you.
lol, makes sense now thinking about it. I was wondering why the Pretorian was running like a madman back and forth. I thought it was part of his tactic - maybe to freak me out, or something.

Harthwain

Magister
Yeah, after a while I just made sure to be orientated north always, as the map is orientated that way.
Treat the screen moving on the minimap as the cone of view (of sorts) and you will always know where the "north" is (by "north" I mean the direction your screen is facing relative to the map).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom