Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alpha Protocol dialogue video

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
NOLF2 was pretty damn awesome. What other game has you fighting ninjas in a trailer park that's being demolished by a hurricane? The whole thing was filled with supurb set pieces like that. Loved it.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
JarlFrank said:
Skyway.png

Holy shit that's going to be like the most grumpy and pissed off party ever.
Fixed:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Hümmelgümpf said:
That's the best trailer thus far. Sucker-punching the helicopter crew was hilarious.

I /facepalmed at first when he dropped the mafia guy on the car and it exploded, but then rewinded and noticed he had a grenade strapped to his face.

It still looked fucking ridiculous though. Ridiculous and EXTREME.

not that I mind, though.

Qwinn

Scholar
Kos_Koa said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-alpha-protocol/49822?type=flv

Just a cinematic trailer... with Choices and Consequences!!@!11

Okay, I was moderately looking forward to AP, but now I'm -really- psyched. That looks freakin' awesome.

Qwinn

Shoelip

Arbiter
Any Obsidianites who might be reading, I have a question. Is "Conrad Marbug - Gelato Man" whoever that is, a total lunatic? If not, why are you wasting Jim Cummings' talents!?

Silellak

Cipher
Qwinn said:
Kos_Koa said:

Okay, I was moderately looking forward to AP, but now I'm -really- psyched. That looks freakin' awesome.

Qwinn

I just hope it accurately represents the available gameplay options, and that it's not just a "once or twice in the game" sort of deal.

GMonkey

Scholar
Kos_Koa said:

You know, that didn't show shit about the gameplay but, holy fuck, was it awesome.

GMonkey

Scholar
It's called marketing and apparently it sells games. Or so I hear.

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
They probably outsourced the trailer to another company, which is probably why Thorton looks a bit more macho and not the pretty boy you see in screenshots. Regardless, I like that they are trying to sell the "choice" angle, which is good since it means that they want the game to be judged by that.

Another thing that I liked, something I didn't really notice right away, but there wasn't any heavy handed morality choice, each choice was pretty much geared at getting out of the building not just randomly smashing someones head in. Not that I have anything against morality choices but most new games tend to make it ether you talk to someone and you get the information OR you collar grab someone and you get the information. So the only choices are meaningless morality choices.

If the trailer is anything to go by the game may turn out decent.

Zeros

Novice
kris said:
MetalCraze said:
Alpha Protocol has every boring location of the over-used "modern world setting" that you can find in many other shooters:
Moscow - check
Middle-East - check
China - check
USA - check

My god - I can't wait when I will put my feet on the Iraq soil and fight terrorists for the 10000th time. Obsidian's setting is so refreshing.

Of the ones you mentioned only one is specified. While I don't doubt that all places may be city bound there is no limit to the great avenues you can find in such areas as USA, China and the middle-east. I can't remember I ever played any game were I ventured into Moscow either so that feels fresh too.

I think that in at least Hitman 2 there was one mission in Moscow (might have been St Petersburg) where you have to take out some russian army general or something like that.

bhlaab

Erudite
alpha protocol looks good i will wait to play it before I definitively say so however and at that point i will judge it against its own merits instead of a golden impossible standard give me a fucking medal

By OE dev MR

And yes, you get to choose which missions you want to do, so if you want to play through Rome for a bit, then head over to Moscow for a while, then play through Taipei, you can do that. Or you can finish off Moscow before ever heading to Taipei, etc.

skyway

Educated
WOW IM |=!!!-REALLY-!!!=| PSYCHED. THAT LOOKS FREAKIN AWESOME! FUCK YEAEH! EXTREME!

I think, I'll go surf Youtube for some intelligent folks.

piydek

Cipher
Obsidian is perhaps the only game developer to whose games i look forward to these days and i do believe they're trying to walk the fine line between being commercial and trying not to pop out games that are just totally idiotic, clichee'd and simple. So, i believe this is the reason they don't make games as good as they could. But is it really necessary to put reeeally fucking moronic dialogue sections, cut-scenes and "punch-lines" like the ones that the main character uses in the first video in this topic. And also, all of the things that idiotic chick with a gun says. Even the very thing "chick with a gun", wearing some funny little top - that's just so moronic. I mean, come on,stuff like that is starting to get too lame even for fucking Hollywood.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom