Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are you going to play Starfield?

Are you going to play Starfield?

• Total voters

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I haven't played a Bethesda game since Morrowind lmao (and i didn't finish that one either to begin with).

Hell i have yet to play New Vegas just because every time i see the engine i actually puke. I tried following a website called "Viva New Vegas" but even installing every graphical mod possible the game still look like complete and utter shit.

BruceVC

Magister
ANOTHER POZZED PRODUCT TO CONSUME!!! YEEEAAAH! ARE YOU EXCITED BOI?! THE SPACE STRIP CLUB IS GENDER NEUTRAL!!! YOU CAN SEXUALLY IDENTIFY AS SPACESHIP!! STARFIELD IS THE KANG OF OPEN WORLDS! TODD WILL DELIVER AS ALWAYS! YEEEAHH BOI!

Wake me up when its modded into an ok game few years later so i pirate it.
I glad you mentioned this type of content, I didnt want to raise it and then hijack the thread. The mods from Loverslab are going to be ....unprecedented. Hot alien women and all the fun that will create is going to be very entertaining :bounce:

Akachi

Educated
I glad you mentioned this type of content, I didnt want to raise it and then hijack the thread. The mods from Loverslab are going to be ....unprecedented. Hot alien women and all the fun that will create is going to be very entertaining :bounce:
This is going to make it the BG3 killer, Larian will be finished with all the different kinds of procedurally generated alien critter bestiality romance options Starfield will have. Codex GotY for sure.

Fargus

Arcane
ANOTHER POZZED PRODUCT TO CONSUME!!! YEEEAAAH! ARE YOU EXCITED BOI?! THE SPACE STRIP CLUB IS GENDER NEUTRAL!!! YOU CAN SEXUALLY IDENTIFY AS SPACESHIP!! STARFIELD IS THE KANG OF OPEN WORLDS! TODD WILL DELIVER AS ALWAYS! YEEEAHH BOI!

Wake me up when its modded into an ok game few years later so i pirate it.

Yeah, looks like Shepard is going to nervously sit in the corner for this one.

Drazgar

Barely Literate
Probably not.
Just started living my life playing gaems normally again, would rather spend this time playing some good ones I hoarded for years now while no apparent shit hits the fan.

Fargus

Arcane
Hell i have yet to play New Vegas just because every time i see the engine i actually puke. I tried following a website called "Viva New Vegas" but even installing every graphical mod possible the game still look like complete and utter shit.

You follow someone's shitty overrated modlist and end up with garbage dump of mods you would have never installed if you knew better and it doesnt even look that good. You mod it yourself but spend more time modding than playing in the end.

Just dont go overboard. A good enb, high res textures and some face rearanging mods is all you need to be honest. Also dozens of bug and engine fixes and maybe some better animations.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

You follow someone's shitty overrated modlist and end up with garbage dump of mods you would have never installed if you knew better and it doesnt even look that good. You mod it yourself but spend more time modding than playing in the end.

Just dont go overboard. A good enb, high res textures and some face rearanging mods is all you need to be honest. Also dozens of bug and engine fixes and maybe some better animations.
Viva New Vegas is mostly bug/engine fixes. ENB for New Vegas is full retard.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
No, I don't like Bethesda games. Even Morrowind felt dead and soulless to me. What little I saw from the base game when playing Enderal (Skyrim total conversion) convinced me that Bethesda is becoming worse.

BruceVC

Magister

Agreed, for about 8 years I have been modding games and this is good advice and I learnt the hard way about not following it

But in summary you must spend time understanding what impact mods will have on the game. Vortex now offers mod collections and I used one for my recent first time Daggerfall playthrough and I was very impressed with the 100 or so mods but I watched the collection creators video where he explained exactly why he selected each mod and what it does. I also installed mods outside of this collection

And thats what I do nowadays before I mod a new game, I spend time watching videos and do research on what mods are appropriate. Then you wont be surprised or disappointed with the changes

VerSacrum

Educated
I shouldn't because I was planning to focus on other stuff to do, but knowing that I'm brainlet enough to be able to enjoy shallow Bethesda sandboxes I probably will anyway

Fargus

Arcane

Agreed, for about 8 years I have been modding games and this is good advice and I learnt the hard way about not following it

But in summary you must spend time understanding what impact mods will have on the game. Vortex now offers mod collections and I used one for my recent first time Daggerfall playthrough and I was very impressed with the 100 or so mods but I watched the collection creators video where he explained exactly why he selected each mod and what it does. I also installed mods outside of this collection

And thats what I do nowadays before I mod a new game, I spend time watching videos and do research on what mods are appropriate. Then you wont be surprised or disappointed with the changes

True. Had to spend a lot of time watching videos on the subject of modding Skyrim VR, still it was worth it even if it was a rocky road. I mean... playing with npc titty physics in VR is fun lol, among many other cool things that modded vr Skyrim brings to the table. A lot easier for me with Morrowind and New Vegas since these are the games i modded the most and even had to learn how to use mod tools, try to make my own bugfixes if none were available etc. So these games even if heavily modded are the most stable for me, but i spend a fuckton of time tinkering with them. There is a lot to learn and its very time consuming.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I have better things to do than trying to get the equivalent of an engeering degree just to put lipstick on this very ugly pig.

laclongquan

Arcane
The trailers are too little in content to be sure if it hit Codex spot~

Gameplay? The easiest to see would be guns. Unsure if it has melee, traps, stealth.
Quest? Writings? Item descriptions? Unknown.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
The trailers are too little in content to be sure if it hit Codex spot~

Gameplay? The easiest to see would be guns. Unsure if it has melee, traps, stealth.
Quest? Writings? Item descriptions? Unknown.
really? I never follow pre release info but I’m surprised that in this case everybody knows as little as I do about the game.

It would be very funny if it turns out to be better than BG3 :lol:

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I think it will pretty counter culture and it will hurt a lot of current culture butts.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Yes I'm going to play Starfield.

3082b777e0bfb620a6125e0859263704.png

a311236428c8ead9535e38f3ed9d0ea5.png

I think it'll suck just like Skyrim.

soutaiseiriron

Educated
It costs 1 euro to try it out. YOLO. I haven't played a Bethesda game I don't like.

Traps is idk, but it will probably have mines. It has the others, its been shown. It's really just Fallout 4 in space with jetpacks, and that's fine if they tune down enemy HP and increase player damage taken.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom