Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are you going to play Starfield?

Are you going to play Starfield?

• Total voters

Cat Dude

Savant
WTF is Starfield? Surely it won't be as good as my GOTY Trails Into Reverie.

the-legend-of-heroes-trails-into-reverie-review1-scaled.jpg

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Getting an Elite style space trucker/pirate/pioneer game with actual worldbuilding and RPG shit BUT its made by Bethesda has been a real monkey's paw for me.
I've been hitting the copium and thinking this time it'll be different after what people didn't like about Fallout 4 and 76, but the early impressions aren't making me confident.

Akachi

Educated
but also more exotic such as time dilation at high speeds.
BUAHUHAHUAHAHAIAHAAHAHA.

Prime example of how secret freemasonic toplayer + elite jewish banking families, through psyop CIA program, have brainwashed most people out of their common sense. The real physics is being done in secret military facilities. Everything theoretical promoted after WW 2 is mostly psyops.
Gravitational time dilation was first described in 1907 based on special relativity from 1905 and supported by general relativity from 1915, and it has been experimentally measured and confirmed. Two observers who move relative to each other don’t agree on what it means for two events to happen at the same time, and all notions of “now” for observers who move elsewhere and potentially close to the speed of light are equally valid. The physics of special relativity does not allow us to constrain existence to a moment that we call “now.” You are an idiot and obviously don't know anything about what I'm talking about at all if you think this is "theoretical" or some post-WWII freemasonic Jewish banking conspiracy, try reading more that isn't Mein Kampf and doing less DMT while you're at it.

Anonymous Ranger

Literate
I haven't liked what I've seen of it so far so no. Forgive me Todd but after Fallout 4 and 76 I don't really trust you.

laclongquan

Arcane
Mass Effect Andromeda fail due to nigga propaganda (not bug because bug never deter Codex in 1st place).
Outer World fail due to bland writing (a failure to ape pulp scifi theme and wrote well).
I am quite afraid Starfield going to try some LGBTBBQ shits and fail for that too~

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If someone were to buy it for me, yes, I'd play it. Otherwise, I'll just have to wait for the tide to come in.

Ulysa

Scholar
Yes. There was a time when I thought Bethesda games post Morrowind were bad. Then I tried stuff like Witcher 3, Dragon Age and Baldurs Gate 3.
Bring that crappy Bethesda shit please.

Terenty

Liturgist
Bethesda have this cringe element in their writing that's hard to describe. It's like it has that kumbaya air about it for lack of a better word.

Everybody is too friendly and npcs are too nice to you and too appreciative of what you do, nothing ever really feels serious. It's like that feeling when in a movie two characters hate each other at first but then become best friends and overcome whatever they are dealing with together you know, but spread all over their games.

It seems like Starfield will suffer from it as well

ind33d

Educated
Mods will fix it...
this sounds dumb, but it's true. iterative design is the only way to create a good product. beth are brilliant for supporting mods for so long. even coked-up garbage like Fallout 4 is fun with the right modlist

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'll probably start playing during my Christmas break from work, by that time there will hopefully be mods that fix the most retarded Bethesdaisms.
..such as the lack of nudity. Can you imagine releasing an AAA CRPG in 2023 without customizable genitalia!? Amateurs!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I will buy it once mods enable my dream of creating a 100-woman harem on a space station.

Actually, now that I wrote it out, I'm not sure if that's more of a fantasy or a nightmare.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Everybody is too friendly and npcs are too nice to you and too appreciative of what you do, nothing ever really feels serious. It's like that feeling when in a movie two characters hate each other at first but then become best friends and overcome whatever they are dealing with together you know, but spread all over their games.

There are mods for Skryim to make the NPC's more respectful towards the player, namely the guards. Most of the NPC's infact have a huge chip on their shoulder towards the player. The Companions never warm up to you, except for Kodlak. If you go into a cave, kill 20 bandits, grab a dudes sword and bring it back to him, he better show some appreciation. Oblivion NPC's aren't any nicer. They are just silly in their rudeness.

soutaiseiriron

Educated
Did we play the same Oblivion? They're nice if your disposition is good, otherwise they're neutral 9/10 times and occasionally hate you with a few asshole characters or a bad race match, or high infamy.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Barring expectations being wildly broken and it being good by codexian standards, no. If the verdict is closer to 'meh', then maybe when GOTY version is 10 bucks and I have nothing else to play.

Old Hans

Arcane
Why or why not? I am not looking to take away from the discussion going on in the offical thread, I am instead trying to gauge interest in Starfield. I did a poll for Baldur's Gate 3 here if you are interested in comparing the eventual results.
of course. I've been playing these Todd Howard games ever since I booted up ARENA and thought to myself "ultima underworld is much better than this horseshit"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom