Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are you going to play Starfield?

Are you going to play Starfield?

• Total voters

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Tried Skyrim, Morrowind and New Vegas each for 15 minutes - hated all of them.

goregasm

Scholar
No. It looks terribly uninteresting and uninspired, at least what I have seen. That's coming from someone who enjoys space games and walking simulators.

Perhaps if something like Frost for FO4 comes out for starfield, but as is, it looks like another power simulator from Bethesda that I have played before.

I may be wrong, but from what I have seen, I will pass, and stick with Wildlander and Frost for my retarded Bethesda needs when they arise.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Probably not until next year, as I will playing the upcoming Lamplighters League, AC Mirage and Colony Ship (official release) for the rest of the year. Might also get other new Ubisoft AAA titles like Crew Motorfest and Avamar FoP as well.

ind33d

Educated
No. It looks terribly uninteresting and uninspired, at least what I have seen.
Oblivion was generic on purpose too so you could self-insert as whatever you wanted. Starfield being generic means you can be Not Luke Skywalker, Not Malcolm Reynolds, or Not Commander Shepard without lore inconsistencies. An RPG is supposed to be about your character, not the writer's barely-disguised fetish. That's why Fallout 4 was a dumpster fire: instead of being generic, every character you made was a married idiot looking for his retarded son

thesecret1

Arcane
Oblivion was generic on purpose too so you could self-insert as whatever you wanted. Starfield being generic means you can be Not Luke Skywalker, Not Malcolm Reynolds, or Not Commander Shepard without lore inconsistencies. An RPG is supposed to be about your character, not the writer's barely-disguised fetish. That's why Fallout 4 was a dumpster fire: instead of being generic, every character you made was a married idiot looking for his retarded son
...what? You really think that was the problem with FO4? The character's backstory? Not the shit mechanics, the idiotic worldbuilding, the god-awful writing or the ever-present casualization? I couldn't have given less of a shit about the character's backstory – that really was the least of my concerns.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
This is what cope looks like. A game doesn't have to be generic to let the player roleplay whatever character he wants. See: Morrowind.

Potato Canon

Novice
The nicest thing I can say about this game is that at least it kept Bethesda distracted for a time from continuing to shit on the rotten and mutilated carcass of Fallout.

ultra loser

Scholar
After playing morrowind, oblivion and fallout 3 I'm convinced bethesda simply can't make a good game.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
This is what cope looks like. A game doesn't have to be generic to let the player roleplay whatever character he wants. See: Morrowind.
Wow. So you're saying new Bethesda games are even more generic than Morrowind?

Is there anything left after the generic'ing of the generic, but hot air?

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
No.

For the same reason I have no interest in Cyberpunk 2077: I'm done with games that takes too many pages from Bungie's Destiny and the Ubisoft formula. I'm heartbroken over the state of first-person RPGs in general.

Vatnik Wumao
z6AdgCU.png

Arbiter

Scholar
No.

For the same reason I have no interest in Cyberpunk 2077: I'm done with games that takes too many pages from Bungie's Destiny and the Ubisoft formula. I'm heartbroken over the state of first-person RPGs in general.

CDProjekt even stopped referring to CP77 as an RPG before the release: officially it is an "action adventure" game.

ind33d

Educated
No.

destiny has the best gunplay in a video game. it arguably has better gameplay than real life. fallout 4 and cyberpunk copying destiny just means the developers are smart. halo invented the grenade button, should we not use that because it's derivative? :obviously:

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
No.

destiny has the best gunplay in a video game. it arguably has better gameplay than real life. fallout 4 and cyberpunk copying destiny just means the developers are smart. halo invented the grenade button, should we not use that because it's derivative? :obviously:
I know that Destiny wasn't the first to come up with all those things but 1) color-coded weapons/loot, 2) bullet sponge enemies (with flying HP numbers!), 3) the whole UI/UX for the PC's inventory (that you can find everywhere, from Cyberpunk 2077 to Far Cry 6, and even Deathloop). It's cancer.

Alex

Arcane
Wow. So you're saying new Bethesda games are even more generic than Morrowind?

Is there anything left after the generic'ing of the generic, but hot air?

What are you talking about? One of the biggest selling points of Morrowind is how unique the setting is. You could complain about thousands of things about the game, but saying it is "generic" makes no sense.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
What are you talking about? One of the biggest selling points of Morrowind is how unique the setting is. You could complain about thousands of things about the game, but saying it is "generic" makes no sense.
dark elves are so unique wow

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom