Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are You Going To Play Baldur's Gate 3?

Are you going to play Baldur's Gate 3?

• Total voters

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I know polls aren't good for meaningful discussion. Besides, we don't need more "discussion" around BG3. Let's see what the consensus is.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, despite obvious degeneracy. I hope there is enough good content, combat, and exploration.

I liked Divinity: Original Sin a lot. Probably a lot more than the general codex. I even had fun with Original Sin 2, despite many bone headed decisions made by Larian. Two of my most disliked things about DOS2 were the armour system, and the bloated numbers. They seem to be gone in BG3.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes but most likely not anytime soon. I started playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker recently and i bought that game in 2019. I still haven't touched Pillars of Eternity or Tyrrany (both of which i bought ages ago) and most likely i wont buy any CRPG in that same style before i play these two.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Yes, I'll play it despite what looks like an ugly and annoying auto-zooming in during dialogues, or worse - separate cut-scene type interface during dialogues which NWN2 used, and is hideous to behold. Hopefully, these things can be disabled in options. But mind-flayers are something I came to fear in D&D (not as much as rust monsters though... the sight of one of those things if I'm wearing precious armor always had me running) and I'm happy the central plot centers around one. Kind of looking forward to this now that it's out of EA.

Drakortha

Liturgist
No.

Even if I wanted to play it tomorrow, I don't have a Video Card. I sold mine 2 years ago because I didn't need it. Anything that is worth playing on PC can be played with on-board video.

BG3 is a piece of shit not worth paying for, let alone buying a video card capable of playing it. And there's not a single other game on the horizon worth it, either, because Gaming is in the toilet because it's SHIT!!!

Drakortha

Liturgist
Alternatively, if I wanted a similar experience to BG3 I could dust off my Xbox 360 and play Dragon Age, it is literally the same fucking thing from 15 years ago. Because BG3 is regressive TRASH!

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
i got it as a gift and gonna play it

hate the DA format (which i predicted 3 years ago), but am curious about some subsystems (verticality, sneaking, mage hand, object sorting) which make it play more tactical

ofc i expect non-combat gameplay to feel like a dating sim

__scribbles__

Educated
Absolutely not on launch. Maybe in a few years if I've upgraded my computer by then and it goes on sale for cheap with bundled DLC.

Edit: AND IT TURNS OUT TO BE GOOD. I forgot that part lol

Elthosian

Arcane
I’ll try it day one just to ride on the wave of hype and then I’ll probably go back to spreading the gospel of our lord and savior Rain World while they release the first month worth of patches.

catfood

AGAIN
I might not physically remove it from an inventory five years down the line with all the DLC's, provided that there's a possibility to create a full party right at the beginning so I don't have to deal with any potential gay bears.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
To quote Don McLean, I will decide based on the 3 men I admire most: King Crispy Skinwalker and the ghost of Mebrila.
I met a girl who dreamt of bees,
And asked her for "some newsposts, please?",
But she just smiled and turned away.
I went down to the sacred store,
Where I'd bought RPGs years before,
But they're all RPGs now, anyway.
And in the streets the newbies screamed,
The vatniks cried, and the grognards dreamed.
But no more were words violent,
The keyboards all went silent.
And the three men written 'bout a ton,
Fargo, Sawyer, and Chris Avellon',
They went on a road trip with the 'Tron,
The Day the Codex died.

And they were singing
Bye, bye, old Australian bin,
Drove a hatchback through the Outback, but the Outback was grim.
And good old trolls were drinking tonic and gin,
Saying "This'll never pay for my sin."
"This'll never pay for my sin."
They were singing
Bye, bye, old Australian bin,
Drove a hatchback through the Outback, but the Outback was grim.
And good old trolls were drinking tonic and gin,
Saying "This'll never pay for my sin."

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Will it let me import my baldur's gate 2 character?
What's the record for letting players import from the previous game in a series?

I'm thinking Wizardry 7 (1992) - 8 (2001)?
I'm not sure but I think that was also one of the last titles that actually had importing character functionality

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom