Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are You Going To Play Baldur's Gate 3?

Are you going to play Baldur's Gate 3?

• Total voters

Drowed

Arcane
I will play it, just to be able to say how much it sucks. So I will probably end up playing it again, to confirm that it really sucks. Eventually, after accumulating much more time than would be justifiable, I will say that the game really sucks, and made me waste all my time. And in about 15 years, I will be complaining about how BG3 was the beginning of the (nu) decline and one of those games that are no longer made, and how the current generation only likes shitty things, as usual.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
du6MRvi.png

hellbent

Augur
Will play it with mods from the beginning. Learned my lesson when I quickly realized that D:OS 2 was unplayable for me without them.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Of course I'm going to bloody play it, it's Baldur's Gate ffs, plus it's Larian, some of whose games I've honestly enjoyed.

I don't know whether the bear buttsecs, penis 2 and all the rest of the bs will be so pervasive and in-my-face as to put me off, but so long as it's optional I don't see why its presence should outweigh the things that Larian do well. Also, you only have 4 characters at a time anyway, so if some of the characters are unbearable I can leave them in camp.

I'm confident that Larian will have done a good job with responsiveness and C&C, plus I'm used to 5e from Solasta, so yeah.

I'm enough of an addict of these stupid things to be able to hold my nose if I need to - it's not like there's any other option these days, other than just ditching the hobby altogether.

Maybe, eventually, but it's behind a bunch of other stuff in my pile of shame. I figure the longer I wait the more patched-up it will be. There's no rush.

xuerebx

Erudite
Eventually yeah, it's turn based so that grabbed my attention. But definitely not at the price it is today, I've got enough games to last me until the price goes down considerably.

Latro

Arcane
Serious non shit post response: no. because larian games are flawed and terribly written. Once the hype dies down it’ll just be divinity sin 3 and the usual 6.5/10 larian experience.

But it will assuredly bring the pink dildo apocalypse to crpgs…fear the future…

Vyvian

Educated
Yes.
I am playing it actually after dabbling a bit with Early Access. It's pretty good so far.
I haven't ran into any nasty bugs yet, a few audio/visual bugs but nothing major. Apparently there's an issue with cloud saves so I avoided that for now.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I will, I do like Larian's openness of how to solve quests and do shit out of order and really try messing with the system. Hopefully the writing, story and other stuff is better than Original Sin 2. I kind of don't like how popular BG3 is though and my internal instinct is to call everyone fags.

Falksi

Arcane
Yep, but like most not for a few years when it's all been ironed out.

It really is a marmite game for me from the promo. One minute I really like the look of it, the next I don't want to touch it.

But I want to see more D&D turn based stuff so it'll get my coin and, whilst I though D:OS was ropey, I fucking loved Divinity 2: TDKS. So Larian are OK in my book so far.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I'm kind of in the proper frame of mind to play this, having played the NWN modules Bone Kenning I and Swordflight 1 & 2 a couple of months ago (before that, I hadn't played a fantasy RPG since Pathfinder Kingmaker several years ago). So I should strike while the iron is hot. I think mind-flayers in the skull make a great premise for a D&D antagonist; lots of opportunity there to slide into either a good path (if you choose to fight it) or go hog-wild being a completely evil shit. I only played and completed one other Larian Studios cRPG, and that was Divinity: Original Sin. It seemed like quite a competent and, at times, challenging RPG. Also have fond memories of playing about half of Divine Divinity. I can't remember why I quit that game since it was so long ago.

MerchantKing

Learned
I'm kind of in the proper frame of mind to play this, having played the NWN modules Bone Kenning I and Swordflight 1 & 2 a couple of months ago (before that, I hadn't played a fantasy RPG since Pathfinder Kingmaker several years ago). So I should strike while the iron is hot. I think mind-flayers in the skull make a great premise for a D&D antagonist; lots of opportunity there to slide into either a good path (if you choose to fight it) or go hog-wild being a completely evil shit. I only played and completed one other Larian Studios cRPG, and that was Divinity: Original Sin. It seemed like quite a competent and, at times, challenging RPG. Also have fond memories of playing about half of Divine Divinity. I can't remember why I quit that game since it was so long ago.
Nah. Wait until the patched versions are available on a privateer's vessel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom