Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best rpg( larger definition) of the year

Wich is the best one ?

• News vegas : old world blues(and other dlcs)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • The witcher 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xenoblade

• Deux EX HR

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Dark souls

• Drakensang: river of time (and addon)

• Avadon

• Frayed knights

• two worlds 2

• Dragon age 2

• I am not satisfied by any of those games

• Total voters

Mortmal

Arcane
I wouldnt want to oppose jaesun's fine taste in rpgs, but i think the platform is irrelevant, ive been playing rpg first on a c64 not a pc , that doesnt prevent it to be great, without even a mouse!Blobbers isnt the superior genre, if you think so then vote frayed knights.
So this year from the already released rpg, action rpgs, blobbers, etc wich one did you prefer ?
Ill make another poll after skyrim release if the game's worth it.

Turjan

Arcane
abnaxus said:
Drakensang: River of Time is a 2010 game.
Not in the USA, where it's a 2011 game.

But Two Worlds 2 is a 2010 game.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Voted Dark Souls.

Personally, for me it's Dark Souls > Chantelise > E.Y.E. > Demise: Ascension > Fallout NV DLCs > Frayed Knights this year.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So you alone decide on what is a RPG?

Very fair and balanced poll...

Also, there isn't a single cRPG on your poll so far.

/mondblut

Mortmal

Arcane
Turjan said:
abnaxus said:

No , theres an expansion for two worlds 2, should have mentioned it, and drakensang river of time got an international release in 2011 only.

Mortmal

Arcane
Excidium said:
I'm speaking of this.

You did say larger definition. :P
I absolutely agrees with you, but then with my litmited typing skills i cannot include the pen and paper supports :(

Mortmal

Arcane
Jaesun said:

/mondblut

I included frayed knights! and avadon too... wait theres no character creation in frayed knights and not much in avadon.. you are right

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Turjan said:
abnaxus said:

Two worlds 2 was released 2011 in America and 2010 in Europe. But the European release was in English. Guess that makes it a 2010 game.

Bruticis

Joined 2009, really? You're acting like this some earth shattering event here. This is the Kodex, it's a PC RPG site primarily (especially in this specific forum), perhaps you should try RPGWatch.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
I hear good things about a RPG that was released for the Nintendo DS in 2011.

Apparently, it is turn based
and party based
has a deep combat system
and a cast of over 350 unique units to choose from for your team.

It's called Pokemon Black/Pokemon White.

:troll:

I didn't actually try it though, usually that series is pretty easy and doesn't reveal the depth of the combat system until you get into multiplayer. I'm not playing multiplayer pokemon with a bunch of little kids.

Renegen

Arcane
To all those not satisfied with the 2011 crop of RPGs, you won't have to wait long, 11/11/11 is coming!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"This is the Kodex, it's a PC RPG site primarily (especially in this specific forum), perhaps you should try RPGWatch."

No. No, it isn't.

Anyways, obvious answer is obvious: DA2.

Bruticis

Volourn said:
"This is the Kodex, it's a PC RPG site primarily (especially in this specific forum), perhaps you should try RPGWatch."

No. No, it isn't.

Anyways, obvious answer is obvious: DA2.

Yes. Yes, it is. Try posting about a JRPG in this forum and let's see how long it sticks around. Stop acting stupid.

Mortmal

Arcane
Renegen said:
To all those not satisfied with the 2011 crop of RPGs, you won't have to wait long, 11/11/11 is coming!

It must be that! But not despair, ill make a new poll , suggestions are welcome, pokemon white and black will get in, and if there's some cute jrpg stuffie one wants in just says so!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Yes. Yes, it is. Try posting about a JRPG in this forum and let's see how long it sticks around. Stop acting stupid."

The ME threads prove otherwise.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Jaesun said:

/mondblut

Well at least he didn't change his rules as an afterthought to explicitly exclude Dark Souls.

Why should one of the best games released in years not get recognition? Simply so the PC only faggots around here wouldn't have to cry themselves to sleep everynight?

:rage:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It isn't even an RPG to begin with, FFS, stop complaining. But I agree, the PC only rule is indeed retarded, there are so few options people are voting on DLCs.

This false elitism of the codex is such a joke. "We're elite PC gamers! Here, this multiplataform shooter is our RPG of the year!"

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Excidium said:
It isn't even an RPG to begin with, FFS, stop complaining. But I agree, the PC only rule is indeed retarded, there are so few options people are voting on DLCs.

This false elitism of the codex is such a joke. "We're elite PC gamers! Here, this multiplataform shooter is our RPG of the year!"

No, it's an ARPG though like 90% of the games being listed in his thread.

EDIT: And you're right - there are so few decent games released these days, you take them anyway you can get them. DS is the first game I've played on console all year - it just happens to also be the best.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom