Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BROS I AM VERY ANGRY PEOPLE LIKE NEW FAGGOT

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO I MADE MYSELF MAD AGAIN PEOPLE LIKE THIS GAME AND HAVE SHIT TASTES IN RPGS THAT ARE AS BAD AS MY SHIT TASTES BUT THEY ARENT MINE

SoupNazi

Excommunicator said:
I would never touch another game that uses that typical ridiculous Bethesda engine after seeing Oblivion work. Hearing about all the bugs of NV I think I might have made the right decision.
I thought I'd hate it too - I couldn't even play FO3 normally because of the engine, and not sure what it is but something redeemed the shitty engine. It might have been the improved weapon handling and new guns, because sniping in this game is really rewarding. Not sure really.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Blackadder said:
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Blackadder said:
BRO YOU KNOW WAT MAKES ME INHAPPY??:?? NONE OF THE GAIS I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR HAVE POSTED THERE IMPRESIONS YET11//11? WTF IS UP WIT THAT????????????????????????

BRO WE HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER BRO YOU KNOW WHATIM SAYIN?1 DON'T FALL FOR THOSE THREEDEE POPAMOLE FAG GAMES JUST YET BRO KEEP FIGHTING BRO

I've posted my impressions, bro :(

REALLY???? I EXPECTED A FULL PAGE GLOSSY FOLDOUT111!!11

(honestly, do you realise how difficult it is to find any one person's thoughts on this game? Apologies if I missed it, but I haven't been able to track your's down yet. Which thread is it deposited in?)

Can't blame you, scattered through the "New Vegas review from NMA" thread.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 32#1383832
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 92#1384492
Initial impressions
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 05#1394705
Just a mention of one part that really impressed me. I won't spoil it, but it's impossible to go through that area and come away without thinking that Obsidian have nailed the Fallout spirit, in tone if not in gameplay.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 73#1391173
A quick rundown of my impressions so far. I posted a longer one somewhere, but DU appears to have shat all over the Codex's search engine, so there we go. Basically, I'd recommend it, but it's a very cautious and by no means unreserved recommendation; much as it's a great game at its core, it's wrapped up very tightly in a new shit packaging that it's fully understandable some might not be able to get over. I'm not quite sure where you would fall, but I'd say try it out and grit your teeth through the fairly slow first hour or two. You might be surprised.
Again, "did you like Bloodlines?" is probably a good litmus test, though I'd be tempted to add "did you like Gothic 2?".

Delirius

Liturgist
BLOBERT said:
BRO I MADE MYSELF MAD AGAIN PEOPLE LIKE THIS GAME AND HAVE SHIT TASTES IN RPGS THAT ARE AS BAD AS MY SHIT TASTES BUT THEY ARENT MINE

BROSHIT > OBSHIT

God damn, sometimes I'm so smart it amazes me.

POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Blackadder said:
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Blackadder said:
BRO YOU KNOW WAT MAKES ME INHAPPY??:?? NONE OF THE GAIS I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR HAVE POSTED THERE IMPRESIONS YET11//11? WTF IS UP WIT THAT????????????????????????

BRO WE HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER BRO YOU KNOW WHATIM SAYIN?1 DON'T FALL FOR THOSE THREEDEE POPAMOLE FAG GAMES JUST YET BRO KEEP FIGHTING BRO

I've posted my impressions, bro :(

REALLY???? I EXPECTED A FULL PAGE GLOSSY FOLDOUT111!!11

(honestly, do you realise how difficult it is to find any one person's thoughts on this game? Apologies if I missed it, but I haven't been able to track your's down yet. Which thread is it deposited in?)

Can't blame you, scattered through the "New Vegas review from NMA" thread.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 32#1383832
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 92#1384492
Initial impressions
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 05#1394705
Just a mention of one part that really impressed me. I won't spoil it, but it's impossible to go through that area and come away without thinking that Obsidian have nailed the Fallout spirit, in tone if not in gameplay.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 73#1391173
A quick rundown of my impressions so far. I posted a longer one somewhere, but DU appears to have shat all over the Codex's search engine, so there we go. Basically, I'd recommend it, but it's a very cautious and by no means unreserved recommendation; much as it's a great game at its core, it's wrapped up very tightly in a new shit packaging that it's fully understandable some might not be able to get over. I'm not quite sure where you would fall, but I'd say try it out and grit your teeth through the fairly slow first hour or two. You might be surprised.
Again, "did you like Bloodlines?" is probably a good litmus test, though I'd be tempted to add "did you like Gothic 2?".

Good man. Thanks for those tidbits. Much better to hear these sorts of things from people with decent taste.

I will probably try out the demo and see if it is worth the hassle once I get my hard drive sorted. And for reference, I didn't mind Vampire, and quite enjoyed Gothic 2. That is how fighting should be in an Action RPG (at least to me).

I'd say it has a lot similar with Gothic 2 in the exploration aspect, but less so in the combat. Basically, if you really hated combat in FO3 to the point that it made you foam at the mouth, it doesn't improve terribly much in NV (but it does improve).

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
The combat's still pretty poor, but the addition of iron sights and the higher weapon damage make it into a passable FPS. There's usually a few ways to approach/avoid each combat situation as well, unlike Fallout 3's endless linear sewer corridors. It's still nowhere near Gothic 2, but it's alright for what it is, as it were.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Excommunicator said:
I would never touch another game that uses that typical ridiculous Bethesda engine after seeing Oblivion work. Hearing about all the bugs of NV I think I might have made the right decision.

That just reminds me of all the bros out there who refuse to play Fallout or Planescape because they're 2D.

MisterStone

Arcane
Blobert keep your dog and pony show bullshit out of this prestigious gaming forum plz.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO HOW ABOUT YOU BOTHER SOME OTHER TROLL THEY ARE IN EVERY THREAD

BRO LOOK AT SOME OF THE OTHER THREADS AND IMAGINE THEM IN CAPS LOCK YOULL BE LIKE WHOA WHAT ARE ALL THESE BROS DOING

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Bro, why so butthurt about people disliking games you like? It's pretty pathetic.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO LOLOLOLOL NUTSWING A LITTLE MORE I HAVENT EVEN PLAYED THE GAME LOLLOLOLL

BRO THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FORUM FOR INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION AND WHEN SOMEONE IS DISCUSSION A GAME AND SOMEBODY ELSE POSTS LOLLOLOLL FANBOY FAG BUITHURT SHIT POPAMOLE YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO TO FUCKING GAMESPTO

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Blackadder said:

Please do not ruin the genius that is a blobert thread with your shitty impersonations. It's like posting your mspaint pics of stick figures in a prosper thread.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Bro, not sure about you, but I've also seen people post their arguments about why they dislike/hate New Vegas.

On the other hand, you seem to get butthurt if anybody says he hates a game, even a game he played, because hey... that means he actually played it at least 3 times, huh?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
grinman.jpg

Sure is /b/ around here.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO LOOLOLOL FEELTHE RADS I AGREE THAT THE ANY GAME SHOULD DESERVE CRITICISM AND SOME INTELLIGENT CRITICISM HAS BEEN DELIVERTED HOWEVER LOLLOLLOL BUTTHURT HOMO FAGGOUT VEGAS HARDLY QUALIFIES

ASSOCIATING JUVENILE CRITICIMS WITH THE INTELLIGENT ONES POSTED HERE MAKES THIS FUCKING PLACE LOOK LIKE A GAMESPOT SUBFORUM WHICH MANY PEOPLE HERE I THINK WISH IT WAS AND THE INTELLIGENT CRITICISM OF MODERN RPGS THAT ISW RARE IN MOST ANY INTERENET STE IS LIKELY CLASSIFIED AS RETARTED BY ASSOCIATION

BRO IF YOU THINK A GAME IS SHIT AND FINISHED IT YOU ARE A FUCKING RETARD YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN JERKING OFF LOOKING FOR PUSSY GETTING DRUNK OR MAYBE EVEN DOING SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE

BRO BY THE WAY USING BUTTHURT IN A SERIOUS SENSE MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A TWELVE YEAR OLD WITH DOWNS SYNDROME AND THIS IS COMING FROM THE GUY WHO POSTS DRUNK IN CAPS LOCK

CaptainAhab

Novice
I like it a lot more than I did fallout 3 or oblivion, my biggest complaint so far is that I'm playing it consoletard mode. Hardcore could stand to be a little more HAERDCOER too. I may end up getting it for PC too just so I can mod it after I grow tired of playing it vanilla.

Oh yeah before I forget, Hi Codex.

-Ahab.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom