Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BROS I AM VERY ANGRY PEOPLE LIKE NEW FAGGOT

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
AHAB NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS YOU ARE NOW AND FOREVER A TRUE BRO HI TO YOU TOO

Michael Ellis

Scholar
Project: Eternity
BLOBERT said:
BRO BY THE WAY USING BUTTHURT IN A SERIOUS SENSE MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A TWELVE YEAR OLD WITH DOWNS SYNDROME AND THIS IS COMING FROM THE GUY WHO POSTS DRUNK IN CAPS LOCK

This clarity and self-awareness (in addition to the lack of transposition) saddens me.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
i-like-botox-and-orange-tan.jpg

bat_boro

Arcane
HEY BRO HAVE YOU HEARD THE NEWS???

COME ON BRO I KNOW YOU KNOW THAT ONE DO IT FOR ME PROVE YOU ARE A TRUE BRO GETS IT ME EVERY TIME :love:

I find New Vegas to be the RPG I enjoyed the most since Bloodlines. It's reallly a surprise to me because I hated everything about Fallout 3 and uninstalled it after 5-6 hours of wallowing in its misery.

New Vegas is really a superior game. Combat is not really a lot better but it wasn't very good in Bloodlines, PST or Arcanum for the matter. But it's the details that count and in New Vegas, there are plenty of them: extensive use of every skill, very cleverly designed locations with a lot of neat touches to each of them (lots of logs, unique NPCs and settings, they never feel bland except for the odd one or two), real faction interactions, clever quests with a lot of different ways to solve them.

To sum it up: I enjoy it like I never thought I would enjoy a rpg (or any other game) again these days (and my rpg playing dates back to Ultima III, a game I bought at the time of its release). I must admit that I'm quite surprised, in a very good way for I wouldn't have bet a dog turd on a game using the horrible Fallout 3 engine.

While the environment is less coherent than Fallout's (but it still is) it does have kind of a "Wasteland" vibe that makes me enjoy it more than the first one.

Of course, you can still nitpick and argue about certain game mechanics but I'm having too much fun to do so. It will be considered a classic in a few years, it's much better than Risen or the Witcher (to name a few recent rpgs that didn't make me want to gouge my eyes out), it's in another league I would say.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
I will always remember the day I took a machete to Mathew Perry :salute:

bat_boro

Arcane
BLOBERT said:
BRO HE HAS ARISEN!!!1

:love: :love: :love:

БРО I LOVE YOU I REALLY REALLY DO YOU ARE ONE OF THE LAST INTELLIGENT AND FUN BROS ON THE CODEX AND IF YOU RAN FOR PRESIDENT OF RPGCODEX I WOULD GLADLY VOTE FOR YOU EVEN IF YOU WERE INDIAN BRO SERIOSLY BRO

YOU BRO ARE A TRUE BRO

Agent Dillery

Novice
I KNOW! Ass Protocol is the best rpg ever! Fuck new faggot and its retarded ness! Mike Thorton is the most interesting character in gaming! And the story is so original! It gets a 123 out of 10! WAY BETTER THAN THIS BULLSHIT OBSHITIAN GAME!

cogar48

Educated
Agent Dillery said:
I KNOW! Ass Protocol is the best rpg ever! Fuck new faggot and its retarded ness! Mike Thorton is the most interesting character in gaming! And the story is so original! It gets a 123 out of 10! WAY BETTER THAN THIS BULLSHIT OBSHITIAN GAME!

384531-ronaldmcgtfo_super.jpg

BLOBERT said:
BRO IF YOU THINK A GAME IS SHIT AND FINISHED IT YOU ARE A FUCKING RETARD YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN JERKING OFF LOOKING FOR PUSSY GETTING DRUNK OR MAYBE EVEN DOING SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE

:bro:

Alex

Arcane
Blobbert, sorry to interrupt your topic, but I really have a hard time trying to understand what you mean. Not because you post everything in capital letters or because the occasional misspelling, but because I sometimes can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or not. Can you help me understand you?

By the way, since everybody is talking about Bro power, if you want a game that really understands the essence of BRO, you should play Dungeon Master.

Dungeon Master Manual said:
(...snip) The symbol BRO represents the mutual support and honesty of true friendship. (snip...)

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Alex said:
I sometimes can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or not. Can you help me understand you?
Fuck no, the beauty of a Blobert post is that you can't always be quite sure whether he's being serious or not. Though once you start to pay attention you eventually get the idea.

By the way, since everybody is talking about Bro power, if you want a game that really understands the essence of BRO, you should play Dungeon Master.
Pff, none of that popamole realtime shit. Blobert is a true bro, he plays Phantasie :smug:

Though Dungeon Master is also very awesome. I tried the FM-Towns version and it's heavan thanks to gorgeous music. Should try to play it all the way through some day

CreamySpinach

Educated
BLOBERT said:
BROS THEY KEEP LIKING IT AND IT KEEPS MAKING ME MORE AND MORE ANGRY BROS YOU WOULD THINK WITH THE TONS OF GREAT RPG GAMES THIS YEAR THEY COULD HAVE PLAYED SOMETHING ELSE

I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW

Do not deny that you are betting on others to waive proper reasoning to conform with your own leaps of faith, so that slips in your language like just now, will be overlooked in case that a cross-examiner exposes you as potential fraud and a kinetic lapse of understanding from which the noun itself is a misconstrued policy stemming from a diminutive realization that so many like yourself had to be shown.

dermatologist

Educated
blobert is in prime form when i've had about 4 glasses of wine and he has had god knows what to drink and i just want to see kids getting crushed on a video game form. the "i've played this game 2000 times so i can guarantee its shittiness" was liquid gold. i'll never get tired of that one, broletariat.

otherwise, zomg is the top poster on this forum.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS HONESTLY SOMETIMES I GFORGET WHETHER I AM BEING SARCASTIC OR NOT I AM RELATIVELY WASTED NOW AN I JUST GO WITH THE GFLOW

BRO DOUBLE RECOGNITION FOR SUPERPOSTER ZOMG HE ACTUALLY CONVERSES SERIOUSLY WITH ME WE HAVE FUN

BROS IAM GETTING THE SPINS A LITTLE BUT THE FIFTH IS EMPTY

Pablosdog

Prophet
BLOBERT said:
BROS HONESTLY SOMETIMES I GFORGET WHETHER I AM BEING SARCASTIC OR NOT I AM RELATIVELY WASTED NOW AN I JUST GO WITH THE GFLOW

BRO DOUBLE RECOGNITION FOR SUPERPOSTER ZOMG HE ACTUALLY CONVERSES SERIOUSLY WITH ME WE HAVE FUN

How's the lady bro? Still playing your 360?

CreamySpinach

Educated
BLOBERT said:

A super poster is a bill board.

Agent Dillery

Novice
Thats not what your mom said when i used suave on her!

cogar48 said:
Agent Dillery said:

:smug:

Tahts not what your mom said when i used professianl and suave on her last night!

cogar48

Educated
Re: Thats not what your mom said when i used suave on her!

Agent Dillery said:
cogar48 said:
Agent Dillery said:

Tahts not what your mom said when i used professianl and suave on her last night!

logo5.gif

:retarded:

Agent Dillery

Novice
cogar48 said:
Agent Dillery said:
cogar48 said:
Agent Dillery said:

logo5.gif

:retarded:
Sega is way better than obsidishit just admit it!

I once believed that I was Adam in the garden of Eden, I'm the only man.
Then I saw this post.
BRO IF YOU THINK A GAME IS SHIT AND FINISHED IT YOU ARE A FUCKING RETARD YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN JERKING OFF LOOKING FOR PUSSY GETTING DRUNK OR MAYBE EVEN DOING SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE
Hah hahah ha! He just summed up the entire userbase of the Codex in one sentence. Fucking priceless.
While I wish not to partake in the birth of wannabes that this man's epic thread seems to have spawned. I'm going to have to add my piece once again.

I'm just a drunken ass son of a bitch and I only have a pint of Whiskey left.
I noticed that you Mr. Blo appear to have a couple of brews on you.
I have concluded as such due to your massive beer belly.

This is actually
Codexian Logic#6
Thou shall state generalization as fact when in absence of facts.

I'm a codexialogist. It is the study of the Codex mind.
Well you see the reason you're so mad is because Fallout is a sophisticated game for sophisticated intellectual minds
who constantly misuse the word sophisticated to the point where the word sophisticated no longer has any meaning, but that doesn't matter. Ignore that.

This is Codex logic#14
Thou shall decorate statement with big pretty words to discuss the most mundane simplistic myopic backwards thinking.
AKA Excessively long words just for the hell of it.
Logic#14 ignores that your vernacular does not matter. Your words are just a vehicle that sends the message. All that matters is the ideas that your words set forth.
Rather, strict adherence to Logic#14 abides by the virtue that the prettier & bigger the word, the grander that your message is.

I once believed that I play Fallout because it is fun.
It appears that I was wrong. The Codex has taught I that I play FO because it is sophisticated.
In fact, It's so sophisticated that I learned how to compute calculus the moment that I turned the game on.
Rocket Scientists & their exhaustive years in engineering ain't got shit on me. My Vault Dweller has over 100% in Science & repair, bitch.

Yes, yes I am keenly aware that this is a New Vegas thread but from my observation most threads hardly ever stick to the subject.
This is Codex Logic#8
Thou shall speak whatever it is you wish to speak to stroke your own ego.

I'm not talking about New Vegas because I never played it.
This is actually a direct violation of Codex logic#10
Thou shall proclaim game as shit without knowing a damn thing about it.

Do not deny that you are betting on others to waive proper reasoning to conform with your own leaps of faith, so that slips in your language like just now, will be overlooked in case that a cross-examiner exposes you as potential fraud and a kinetic lapse of understanding from which the noun itself is a misconstrued policy stemming from a diminutive realization that so many like yourself had to be shown.
This reminds I of a post that I responded to, a long long time ago.
Of which, I refer to yesterday.
For I am of similar mind to M. Bison
bisonw.jpg

I shall interject that I do not have an issue with Mr. Blo.
For he is a man who is with logic and logic is in harmony with he.
Observe
BRO SEE THAT IS HOW THAT SHIT IS DONE

I DONT LIKE THE ENGINE I THINK THE GAME WILL BE SHIT SO I DONT FEEL LIKE PLAYINGH IT

MUCH BETTER THAN TROLLING EVERY FUCKING TOPIC ABOUT HOW YOU KNEW THE GAME WAS GONNA SUCK SO YOU PLAYED IT AND IT SUCKS AND YOU FINISHED AND THE WHOLE DAMN THING SUCKS

This, this pristine visage of insight. It is a beautifully conducted symphony of masterful prose that sings to the clouds with a falcon on your shoulder and the wind breezing through your hair, or whatever gayass poetic shit that Mongol was saying in Arnie's Conan.

*Insert a ridiculously pretentious vertical hand movement that doesn't mean jackshit but the sophisticated mature adult minds of the Codex swear it was meant to be a metaphor that symbolizes the flow of life, It has its ups & downs.*

Note: Sane minds are aware that the above metaphoric hand motion is fucking random bullshit that means absolutely nothing.

This Bro's exhibition of keen insight can properly be formulated into a basic addition formula. 1 + 1 = 2 & 2 - 1 = 1.
Perfect,a round of applause Mr. Blo's logic is sound.
He shows by example that there is beauty in simplicity.
It almost causes I to cry tears of joy, If I had any tears to shed.

However, What I do have a problem with is illogic veiled under the mask of logic.
Quote:
The Japanese seem to be infected by a form of hypercreativity which they simply seem unable to harness for anything even remotely serious. The whole culture is childish and feminized to an insane degree. Name one single creative field in which the Japanese have had a major role.

AHh ah it's this ignorance that caused I to break down their logic into a mathematical formula.
Quote:

"Blah blah blah. Insert generalization. Insert conclusion using immediately available variables no matter how irrelevant to initial point used as proof of generalization supported without context that could be used to legitimately validate said proof.
AH yes, this must be the height of Codexian logic.

The punch line is that this logic could never work as a mathematical equation. Not that I would know. I suck ass at math but see that's
actually Codex Logic#2
Thou shall pretend that you have any idea of which you speak.
_______
It just doesn't add up nor does it make any sense.
You need to jump through holes of logic in order to reach the conclusion.
The problem is that he tried to elucidate a complex world shattering revelation that far exceeded his own level of comprehension.

This leads back to Codexian Logic#6
Thou shall state generalization as fact when in absence of facts.

Codex logic#1
is, Codex logic doesn't make any fucking sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom