Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Celebrate 25 years of Fallout with Bethesda!

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
They make it sound like they created Fallout. Also, "War... War Never Changes" I am so sick and tired of this quote now. Just kill me.

Yeah, they should've gone with: "Have you seen mu dad? Middle aged guy"

Codex Year of the Donut
Save it from being used to peddle shovelware console games?
Predictable, edgy and pointless as expected. I would prefer the PS2 lame title being the last Fallout game ever made rather than having the world suffer F3, 4, Shelter, 76 and whatever else will Bethesduh will do someday. New Vegas was okay, but I can't stand the shit engine.
"I'd rather the game rated #7 on codex's top rpg list didn't exist because I'm an edgy contrarian codex poster"

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
If nothing else, Bethesda keeping post-apocalypse genre relevant in the popular imagination led to an explosion of post-apocalypse indie games. We still don’t have any crpgs based on or inspired by Metamorphosis Alpha or Gamma World, but nobody’s perfect.

Gargaune

Magister
I look forward to weekly updates on what Bethesda has in store for this momentous occasion and for this thread in particular.

:happytrollboy:

(As long as it's not a Fallout 4 patch. Don't do it, Todd! Don't do it!)

lightbane

Arcane
Save it from being used to peddle shovelware console games?
Predictable, edgy and pointless as expected. I would prefer the PS2 lame title being the last Fallout game ever made rather than having the world suffer F3, 4, Shelter, 76 and whatever else will Bethesduh will do someday. New Vegas was okay, but I can't stand the shit engine.
"I'd rather the game rated #7 on codex's top rpg list didn't exist because I'm an edgy contrarian codex poster"
I don't like New Vegas' engine, although I agree the story and C&C are good. Losing NV in exchange of F3 and beyond never being a thing would be a harsh but fair trade. Also, you're not one to say others are edgy contrarians considering you're legit insane and shit-poster extraordinaire.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
They make it sound like they created Fallout. Also, "War... War Never Changes" I am so sick and tired of this quote now. Just kill me.
Bethesda Softworks does belong to the same company as the creator of Fallout, thanks to Microsoft's acquisitions of both Zenimax and InXile.

1qIOV5b.png

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They already made best gift by giving away FO1+FO2+Tactics for free decade? ago on GOG...
Nothing will top that, ever.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That happened back when those games were still licensed to Interplay. They gave away the games for free right before they were due to be transferred to Bethesda. It was pretty funny.

https://fallout.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000003654335

Fallout's 25th Anniversary Roundtable
Hello everyone! Big news! In honor of Fallout's 25th birthday coming up in October, our wiki rep @Tagaziel has organized a fantastic opportunity to discuss and ask any questions we have about the original Fallout with 3 developers of the game, namely, Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky, and Jason Taylor.

Tim Cain was lead programmer and producer for Fallout. Leonard Boyarsky was lead artist and art director. And Jason Taylor was a programmer and designer. They were all heavily involved with the original Fallout so they're the best candidates to answer any questions you've had about lore, game design, etc for the original Fallout.

The Roundtable is scheduled for October 23. More details to come. Get your questions in before October 15 to give them time to answer. There will be some chances to ask last minute questions too but the more time they have the better!

you can submit your own questions here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd0v7NOqE-93eN2c4EBZGezm2NOIg3rg-VZNdyJwEIQRcOrZA/viewform

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'd have some things to ask them, but they won't reveal their personal opinions, so who cares. They may do it when they retire, but for all intents and purposes they're already retired, at Obshitian.

At best they'll share the same old stories of Fallout or Troika. At worst, they'll talk about the new obshitian projects, that don't resonate with the old crowd, and where their roles are those of observers of decline. (to which they won't admit)

FriendlyMerchant

"Oxhorn:" A blatant bethesda shill.
" 'CHAD':" Yet another blatant bethesda shill and sodomite
Tim Cain: A sodomite who has lost touch with rpg design resulting in trash like Outer Worlds. Allowed all female design to be ugly dykes there. That is to say: Typical California communist.
Leonard Boyarsky: Potentially a Sodomite. Also lost touch with rpg design resulting in trash like Outer Worlds. Allowed all female design to be ugly dykes there. That is to say: Typical California communist.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Wasn't Tagaziel a moderator here?

Anyway, I've asked 2 questions, we'll see if they will answer them.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Tim Cain: A sodomite who has lost touch with rpg design resulting in trash like Outer Worlds. Allowed all female design to be ugly dykes there. That is to say: Typical California communist.
Leonard Boyarsky: Potentially a Sodomite. Also lost touch with rpg design resulting in trash like Outer Worlds. Allowed all female design to be ugly dykes there. That is to say: Typical California communist.
Maybe they would've made good games, if left to their own devices, but they have all those young sjw retards around, who are eager to prove themselves and insert as much poz as possible, but also incompetent to the core. So why fight it? Can't fight the entire studio on your own. A paycheck will arrive either way.

FriendlyMerchant

Maybe they would've made good games, if left to their own devices, but they have all those young sjw retards around, who are eager to prove themselves and insert as much poz as possible, but also incompetent to the core. So why fight it? Can't fight the entire studio on your own. A paycheck will arrive either way.
They were directors of Outer Worlds. That means they were in charge.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Okay, say you're in charge, but all your 100 employees are special education kids. Will it help that you're in charge? Maybe if you try to do the job of a hundred people yourself, but will you? You're 60 and you're too old for this shit.

FriendlyMerchant

Okay, say you're in charge, but all your 100 employees are special education kids. Will it help that you're in charge? Maybe if you try to do the job of a hundred people yourself, but will you? You're 60 and you're too old for this shit.
Why should I believe that special education kids would be employed in my industry?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
[Abstraction: FAILURE] Why should I believe that special education kids would be employed in my industry?

FriendlyMerchant

[Abstraction: FAILURE] Why should I believe that special education kids would be employed in my industry?
Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky could have chosen to start their own indie and try to Kickstarter their way into games using their name recognition and had been successful in trying to promise something like a "true successor to Fallout" or "the rebirth of Troika." If they were not pro-sodomite, they could have simply only hired people with similar beliefs to work with their new company. This type of thing has been done with much less famous and even unknown people so they could have done this too. However, they instead chose to work for Obsidian, a company full of Californian pro-sodomy communists knowing full and well that they were full of them when they had enough name recognition that they could have done something other than that. The reality is that they too believe in the Californian communist positions including all the tranny nonsense as well.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Probably the ONE thing I dont know about Fallout is...

What was the engine called?
Thought I heard Tim refer to it as 'Maya', but could never confirm it anywhere.

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Microsoft most likely held grifter midget Todd Howard at gun point to allow this. Still missing Jason Aderson to complete the original trio.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom