Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Celebrate 25 years of Fallout with Bethesda!

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Jew digs out your ancestor, and makes his skeleton dance to Lizzo

Jew, Jew never chages

Codex Year of the Donut

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I've seen it, but many people on this site aren't American and therefore it's likely never even aired in their country.
You sound like a grandma. I didn't spoil shit since I didn't specify who the girl is. Also, there's more to the movie than just that ending.
You fucked up. That's ok. You don't wanna admit that you fucked up. That's also ok. What's not ok is pretending you're too dumb to realize that most people haven't simply watched/read/played all the good classics. Ok?

You definitely spoiled it for me. I'll survive. But that move wasn't ok

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Guys. The fucking movie is over FORTY years old. If you haven't seen it. That's not my fault. This is like not reading Lord of the Flies, even though it's been out for decades, then getting upset when someone talks about it.

Codex Year of the Donut
Guys. The fucking movie is over FORTY years old. If you haven't seen it. That's not my fault. This is like not reading Lord of the Flies, even though it's been out for decades, then getting upset when someone talks about it.
I haven't read that, and I would get upset.

Codex Year of the Donut
So what's the acceptable range for spoilers? 40y ago OK?
20 isn't?
Context.
Spoilers for old RPGs are fine because it would be otherwise troublesome to discuss them otherwise on a site for RPGs. Unless it's a thread with someone asking about said rpg.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
20 isn't?
In this case. Somebody posted a mention to one of my favorite films. So I talked about it. Then I talked about the ending since it left such a huge impression on me. I didn't spoil anything, really. When you think about it. No one will know what I'm talking about unless they've seen the film; but since Rusty saw the film, he just had to say something, and turn it into a big deal.

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
20 isn't?

None. If you like a classic there's no excuse for spoiling it to other people.
That's a bit severe, no?

If I take my sweet time to watch some movie and I just happen to read a spoiler on the web, I wouldn't get my "panties twisted" over it.

If they are major spoilers -- killing my interest on watching the motion picture -- I would go nuts with that individual, though. Spoiler tags were made for a reason.

You have to be reasonable.

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
No one will know what I'm talking about unless they've seen the film
Eh, it ain't a big deal, but you're giving away the ending and a hilarious moment, you could edit your post and stick that bit in spoiler tags. It's a fairly obscure film so it's not unresonable that plenty of people today won't have seen it, and especially those tuning into this thread might want to since it's the single biggest inspiration for Fallout.

S.torch

Arbiter
That's a bit severe, no?

Sure saying random details here and there about a work is not big deal.
I was just telling this because some people do major spoilers of something only because is old and is extremely annoying.

Not saying this because of Pink Eye by the way, I didn't even read the spoiler hehe. Plus he is not annoying.

Zlaja

Arcane

You could have said that the ending "gets you every time" without spelling out exactly what happens, dumbass. Also, those that watched the movie don't need you spelling it out for them.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Celebrate 15 14 years of Bethesda's raping of Fallout.
Ah yes Fallout, the famous post apocalyptic RPG by Todd Toddardsky and Todd Caine.
Todd wills it!

endwfe.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom