Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Celebrate 25 years of Fallout with Bethesda!

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Still missing Jason Aderson to complete the original trio.

Its missing Chris Taylor too who was lead designer
They are missing other people but i asked about Aderson because he was a part of Troika trio also and was a they guy who balanced Boyarsky and Cain. I'm suprised they are doing this without him since they all are under Microsoft now and i don't think Fargo would keep him from going. Seems to me that Boyarsky and Cain take all the credit and very few people know about Anderson.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I gotta say guys.. after their SMASH hit, The Outer Worlds, I cannot wait to see what our favourite OG RPG game developers have in store for us!

I might even say, I am hyped.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Remember that those two old shits cannot produce a good game even if their lives depend on it. Their last game outer worlds.

S.torch

Arbiter
Okay, say you're in charge, but all your 100 employees are special education kids. Will it help that you're in charge? Maybe if you try to do the job of a hundred people yourself, but will you? You're 60 and you're too old for this shit.

Maybe you're not entirely wrong, but then, is really okay to label the last game they made like "From the Original Creators of Fallout", obviously knowing their good reputation between old gamers or people who liked their past games, when it resulted it had nothing similar to those.

I mean, the game wasn't even similar to New Vegas.

S.torch

Arbiter
I posted my question:
S.torch question said:
Why you said a time ago (in the Building a Better RPG talk, post-mortem part) that your past games (like the OG Fallouts) had systems that were too complex and that it was okay to simplified or change them, if those were the ones that make you beloved in the first place?

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Oxhorn? Really? The guy that pulls senteces regarding the lore out of his ass on his videos?

The dude didn't play the originals when they came out, and it shows.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Intra-Microsoft crossover:

Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarski discuss the unique blend of influences that would go on to inform Fallout’s dark and retro-inspired take on the future and the excitement of creating a new universe for players to explore.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
There is an over 2 h interview with Cain and Boyarsky but it's with retarded hosts and clapping noises whenever someone donates which makes it hard to hear what Fallout creators talk about: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1620780595

There are some things I haven't heard before (some of them I wish I hadn't hear about) and yeah, it looks like there is no chance they will create anything even half as good as Fallout again. Boyarsky for example praised New Vegas for the Wild Wasteland perk, lol. Turns out ghost in the Den was Tim Can's idea, Chris Avellone hated it (once again proving why we call him MCA here) and today, in hindsight Cain says he was right and it was a stupid idea. They talk about Burrows cut content, how Cain came up with it, how they started their careers and learned their skills, ACELIPS, etc.

Edit:
It turns out Interplay wanted Fallout to have RT combat, Tim Cain was against it but they were pressuring him and someone advised him to agree but clarify how much more it would cost and how much longer it would take. Once he had done it he had peace.

Last edited:

pickmeister

Learned
Wouldn’t you be bitter, producing games that never took off when they released but gained popularity many years later when it doesn’t make you money? And all you get are sweaty, crusty fanbois with all these new genders that are now the current thing.
I know I would be bitter as fuck.

Orange Clock

Novice
Checked all this stuff, and it’s kinda alright I guess. They added all songs to a Spotify playlist(except Marc Morgan), even Begin Again and JESawyer songs. Also they wrote that Johnny Guitar is prime example of radio song from NV, and it “makes you feel like exploring Mojave Desert”
Couple of small things from the big art: Vault 13 door, Fabulous New Vegas sign(on the background ofc), highwayman, throwing sixth finger at Horrigan, feeding Mama Murphy chems so she dies and stop whining about the sight...
yeah it’s all shit memes so redditors scream: “Yeahhh my Fallouterinooo!!” , but it’s something, guess it’s Microsoft doing, acknowledging non BGS games. So maybe FNV2 is real!

RickOmbo

Learned
Stick an arcade somewhere in Fallout 76 that has Fallout 1 and 2 cabinets and we'll call it even.
Don't forget to add achievements for beating F1/2 there. That will give the modern fallout fans some reason to play the originals.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Reminder that Cain and Boyarsky are hasbeens who could have got millions for their revival of Troika on Kickstarter and made revolutionary new cult classics in vein of Arcanum and VtM, put them on Steam Early Access, patched them to perfection and made million$. Safe, cozy life with 10.000$ safe paycheck that buys their nodding to every woke insanity and putting their signiture to all gameplay dumbing down was instead their decision. They are not your friends. Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky that made Fallout? Dead

Cain and Boyarsky in 2022 watch CNN, got triple vaxxxed, wear facemasks in expensive restaurant where Xbox manager talks to them about transgender main character in next RPG that will use triangles and rainbows instead of traits and skills. Just fuck them. Cheap Microsoft whores. Sellouts

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Read my previous comment. As many times as it takes you to realize: your heroes are cheap Microsoft whores. They said no to new RPG cult classics and million$ on Steam as independent creators. And yet they have gall (was about to write balls, but they probably got surgically rid of them) to lecture You about Corporate culture in their latest Microsoft GamePass Product.TM. All of that for montly paycheck which can't be higher then 20.000$ (probably less).

Cheap old whores. In post-apocalyptic wasteland they'd survive as either live targets or lady-boys of local WarLord

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom