Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Classic games that you want to play... eventually. But you just keep postponing and postponing. For years.

somerandomdude

Learned
I'm ot sure if this is a proper RPG but it's the The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard

I did that one in Skyrim. I went on a journey as Leeroy Jenkem, a corn rowed "Redguard". First thing I did was go to Whiterun, and I told the guards I has a message fo his massa n sheit, they let me in, and then I started stealing random stuff, but what got me caught was trying to pick pocket some chicken off this dude and the racist KKK guards in Whiterun chased me into the woods where I got mauled to death by a Redguard hating bear.

Disciple

Savant
Can't be bothered to set up an Amiga emulator, so Amiga-exclusive RPGs like Black Crypt or Perihelion shall remain a mystery to me. Regarding more popular stuff, I have yet to try Wizardry IV and V—the former seems offputtingly difficult and the latter, too long.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Not many, I've played what I wanted to.

The only one I can think of is Dragon Wars, I tried last year but got distracted quite early and here I am...
I started it recently and got distracted after the first couple hours. I've been meaning to get back into it at some point. Wasn't a huge fan of the character/leveling system though.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Still have to finish Might&Magic III - Isles of Terra, stopped pretty early. Same with Betrayal at Krondor - stopped in 2nd chapter in the sewers.
Did IV-X and no intentions to touch 1st and 2nd game - Ultima Underworld or Wizardry VI is sort of "minimum" from technical/graphic wise standard for me...
Age of Decadence? Not so much... and Trudogard - after beating ATOM RPG and getting cheap key, along with new GPU so playing Unity games is comfortable, I just lost any will to touch it.

Oh and maybe any Spiderweb title, most likely Escape from the Pit.

Skyrim? I mean - ultrapopular and braindead easy but I don't see the appeal. Did Morrowind recently (2020) and Oblivion decade earlier but never Skyrim - no space on hard drive (and then SSD) and weak GPU whose loud fans kills any immershun yad yada.

The Fallout series - I've just never been that into Post-apocalyptic settings.
The Elder Scrolls series (most of them) - Who has the time, and also who has the time to mod them into a decently enjoyable state?

ferratilis

Magister
I always wanted to play Ultimas and Gold Box engine games, but the thought of playing them is somehow always better than actually playing them. Maybe I'm just too much of a newfag to appreciate them, since anything pre-Fallout seems too clunky for my taste. Like you had had to be born at a certain time and grown up with those titles to fully appreciate them. Especially Ultima 4, I found that one really hard to get into. Fallouts, IE games, Arcanum etc. are perfectly playable even today, but anything older than that requires some serious dedication imo.

quaesta

Educated
I always wanted to play Ultimas and Gold Box engine games, but the thought of playing them is somehow always better than actually playing them. Maybe I'm just too much of a newfag to appreciate them, since anything pre-Fallout seems too clunky for my taste. Like you had had to be born at a certain time and grown up with those titles to fully appreciate them. Especially Ultima 4, I found that one really hard to get into. Fallouts, IE games, Arcanum etc. are perfectly playable even today, but anything older than that requires some serious dedication imo.
Ultima 1 is great if you know how to grind.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I've been meaning to play Treasure of Tarmin for forty years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom