Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Classic games that you want to play... eventually. But you just keep postponing and postponing. For years.

Ysaye

Arbiter
Ultima 6
Dark Sun (both games)
Lands of Lore 2
Might and Magic 2

Gothic 1-2, completely missed Piranha Bytes while younger, working my way backwards from ELEX 1 last year which I loved, playing Risen 1 now.
Daggerfall, first I played was Morrowind.
BG1, damned mines, I finished Fallout 1-2 and BG2 back in the day but not BG1. Fallout games were just more captivating.
Zelda Super Nintendo + N64.
Arcanum, only made it to the mines on a traveling laptop recently.
Arx Fatalis.
Another World, had it on Amiga 500 but was to bad at it.
Jagged Alliance 1&2.
Silver, never finished back in the days it but loved it.
Syndicate
System chock 1&2.
Homeworld, can't remeber if I finsihed it, but worth a replay now that Homeworld 3 is in the making.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I henceforth announce in plain sight the horrible deed of omitting:

Dark Earth
Anachronox
Cybermage: Darklight Awakening

May Codex be gratious to these sins.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Can't be bothered to set up an Amiga emulator, so Amiga-exclusive RPGs like Black Crypt or Perihelion shall remain a mystery to me. Regarding more popular stuff, I have yet to try Wizardry IV and V—the former seems offputtingly difficult and the latter, too long.
I thought there was a pc port of Black Crypt by an enthusiast?

Eh.. oh just a demo. It was planned for genesis; who knew?

Dungeon Crawlers is an awesome site btw.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I've been meaning to play Treasure of Tarmin for forty years.
Would you play emulated with authentic controller?
Taming Tarmin for its Treasures
ssH6EIe.jpg

Last edited:

LostHisMarbles

Learned
Dating.

Fucked up my last save, probably corrupted by now.
And i cba starting over what with all the grind and the reputation raising.
You can cheat some, but if you haven't played the levels inbetween, you'll just never be good at it, not really. Shows during critical encounters.

v1rus

Arcane
Wizardry, Might and Magic, Ultima. Always wanted to complete all the mainline games, from first to last. And i started first M&M like three times. It frequently happens to me tho, I start a game, play it for an hour, and dont return to it until years later. Hell, I've been talking so much about my marathons here I expect most of users here are pissed by my constant asking of questions, and no playing. Lately, I find JRPGs interesting, and Ive been contemplating playing early SMT and DQ games.

Egosphere

Arcane
Daggerfall

- Baldur's Gate. I think I managed to get as far as installing it and playing for like ten seconds. No idea what happened next, I think I had to either uninstall due to running out of space or had another computer issue.
- Planescape Torment. I never actually finished it. I remember getting as far as the part where Morte is stolen by some dude.
- Underrail. Played a bit in an older version years ago on an immensely crappy netbook, even before Expeditions. I've brought Expeditions since then (first game I brought in a long time, actually) but no playing so far.
- Age of Decadence. Finished it once, I've been meaning to replay it again with a different character, especially now that the game is fully finished.
- I have a Fallout series replay (including Total Conversions) I've been postergating for like an year, and every time I am full in, Lexx releases another version of Fallout Et Tu. But I promised myself I am getting back to it as soon as I finish my current playthroughs of Terra Invicta and CKII.
- Wasteland 2 Directors' Cut. Actually never finished it, I was almost done with all the Arizona content minus a few things like the prison, but between OCD about the companions and the saves now being stuck on an old HD, I never managed to finish it.
- Divinity: Original Sin Director's Cut. Similar to Wasteland 2, saves are stuck on an old HD, forgot to take them out at the time I transfered the files.
- Akalabeth

You have a lot to look forward to

System Shock 1, Darklands, Jagged Alliance 2, and Silent Storm. There are probably a few I am missing, but those stick out. I have actually played a bit of SS1, but it was on a freeware disk on a 386 IBM. Not the best of experiences.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Arcanum
Not so much because of terrible combat or parts that feel like a slog. I am just indecisive about what character to make, want to play technologist but i hate hunting for crafting items and keeping my inventory choke full of trash i might or might not need.

Cerulean

Cipher
Planescape Torment, Arcanum, and Deus Ex. In all of these I can never get past the first ten minutes or so, even if I'm not sure why.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Planescape Torment, Arcanum, and Deus Ex. In all of these I can never get past the first ten minutes or so, even if I'm not sure why.
When he opened the seal of decline, I heard the voice of the living creature say,"Come!" And I looked, and behold, a plaid horse! And its rider's name was Cerulean, and Gaider followed him. And they were given authority over all the console gamers of the earth, to kill with ignorance and with poor taste and with pestilence and by the morons of the earth."

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Ok, but just saying: come on. You can do it. All games you listed are worth playing. Start with PS:T (there is no wrong way to play it, honest!). Then go to Deus Ex. It's more than a shooter, and only a slight learning curve on creating your char. Then go Arcanum and just push forward. Put at least one point in attack and defense to start. Then it doesn't matter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom