Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Colony Ship Released

oscar

Arcane
Just finished it with a solid 32 hours play time. Combat got a bit much for my party by the very end so I had to bitch out and betray Cobra (damn going back to wimpy Faythe after her felt like a huge step down). Then betrayed the Brotherhood too and basically got strong-armed by the monks. Would there have been any change to the ending if I'd convinced the faction leaders to play ball with the monks (doesn't seem like it'd make much of a difference with the monks now leveraging ship oxygen supply)? Sort of feels like there should be a negative consequence for failing that.

Probably should have just bought more stasis grenades instead of overclocking implants. I was only late level 5 (with two party members) by the end, wonder if I missed a lot of XP somewhere? I got through the red zone without too much trouble but the armory fights proved impossible without surrendering. And this was with a combat focused party (my melee-focused protagonist with lockpicking, Evans as a rifle/bio and Faythe as pistol/electronics) and basically picking as many fights as I could to keep my skills high.

Game grew on me a lot throughout the playthrough. Money very well spent and hope you guys keep on making stuff.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Finally got around to playing this and jfc, what a clear difference in quality from AoD.
Since i wasn't expecting much in terms of visuals going in, a lot of the areas just blew me away, low expectations ftw.
Little details like bullets ricocheting from energy shields also impressed me more then i thought.

QoL changes like simply being able to fast travel to places from a menu might seem like decline but just made backtracking and fedex quests painless, and overall I've felt there was very little dead time in this game (so far anyways), always felt interested by what was going on.

So yeah overall impressions have been very positive, I already liked AoD's world building and setting a lot and colony ship takes those strengths and irons out the weaknesses, right down to even having parties and companions for those who like to roll that way.
Speaking of which, i'm liking the companions and their interjections. Considering i seem to recall the dev isn't massively into those and might share the codex concensus that such biowarian mechanics are cringe, i'm happy for the concession and maintain that having companions chirp up to comment on current antics or engage with your pc to explain their thoughts and reasons for doing x or y adds to the roleplaying.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Its a shame cuckpanions due to lack of speech skills can't contribute to speech checks. So only your main char have to be speech nigger, if you play as retardo, tough luck, but somehow your companions don't mind that they most likely would be better of if they took the lead of the party on some occassions, though it makes you question why would they join you in first place...

jackofshadows

Magister
Mb, last played AoD in 2018 so memory might be playing tricks on me.

Or just old.
It's a bit different there and there're actual maps of the game world and big cities but the principle is the same.

By the way, launched AoD a few days ago and couldn't get my hands off of it, so addictive. Decided to play something similiar to what I've been playing here (solo rifle run). Man, Teron was really hard but then build started to take off once I got bolter and it's become really fun. Reloading every single missle is a bitch though.
0FC1E1E04D6F1B6E9623E61785A2D3AD3A08AA98

somewhere early act3

got stupid though and didn't check they changed crafting missles you cannot shapr them anymore? basically no point in it at all, blue steal missles are not worth the investments

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I think you can reload crossbows by pressing the R on keyboard in AoD too? But may be remembering wrong

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom