Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Company of Heroes 2 gets Metacritic bombed by upset Russians

DakaSha

Arcane
So: usa is evil and russia never do bad thing!!!! All things universities say about soviet union is big lie but america really do all bad thing!!!

You're a fucking idiot.

DakaSha

Arcane
Just look video i've posted.

Good job deleting the post that made you look like a grade a dumbfuck ( the one where you said the difference lies in the fact that the usa really did those things and the soviets didnt)

Edit: and no im not watching a fucking video with hitler on the cover entitiled coh2: nazi game. Shit sounds and looks like a joke

baturinsky

Arcane
Well, about "denying history"...

Tell me, why name of a certain race is forbidden to mention in USA (and in most of Pax Kwanzania)?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Times are changing but ruskies stays the same

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Yerevan_jokes

Soviet / Russian jokes are great. The problem is that half of them need to be explained.

"Is this the shop where I can't buy shoes?”
“No, here you can't buy bread. The shop where can't buy shoes is on the other side."

Or this one:

"Look at my new tie," says a New Russian to his colleague. "I bought it for 500 dollars in the store over there." — "You got yourself conned," says the other. "You could have paid twice as much just across the street!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_jokes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_political_jokes
http://www.johndclare.net/Russ12_Jokes.htm

baturinsky

Arcane
Times are changing but ruskies stays the same

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Yerevan_jokes

-(American calling) Is that true that, there is censorship in Soviet Union?
-(awkward silence for couple of seconds) ...and in America they beat black people!

Yes, but it's "lynch", not "beat", and "negros", not "black people". You see, in Russia, "negro" is a perfectly politically correct word to refer a human of negroid race, "black" is a derogatory therm for Caucasians, and Caucasians are people from Caucasus, not a name of the race.

My question still stands, and it IS relevant to matter of discussion (about what is and what is not offensive in media).

communard

Arcane
Russian butthurt in this thread is unbelievable.

It is kinda justified. I mean come on, this shit is fucking hilariously revisionist. It wouldn't have been so bad if Relic's initial response to the criticism had been "It's a game, it's fiction, suck it slavscum". But instead they chose to defend it by claiming it was well researched and historically accurate.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I watched the video by TheBadComedian, he makes some good points (but also some crap). The footage from the game speaks for itself.
He nailed it with "the plot campaign and video sequences show us that the war is not with the Reich - the war is with the Soviet Union".

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
I watched the video by TheBadComedian, he makes some good points (but also some crap). The footage from the game speaks for itself.
He nailed it with "the plot campaign and video sequences show us that the war is not with the Reich - the war is with the Soviet Union".
His video is pretty shit, yes, but the idea to start this campaing is pure genius.

The political situation in Russia now is perfect for this, with Putin making a bet on conservative electorate - we just had to signal to 1C that we intend to make them the next Pussy Riot to be sacrificed in order to gain popular support for the government.
I am sure 1C wouldn't have given a single fuck even if 100 000 gamers signed a petition, but as soon as this story started gaining notion from political websites and movements, they immediately chickend out.

Grinolf

Arcane
The political situation in Russia now is perfect for this, with Putin making a bet on conservative electorate - we just had to signal to 1C that we intend to make them the next Pussy Riot to be sacrificed in order to gain popular support for the government.
I am sure 1C wouldn't have given a single fuck even if 100 000 gamers signed a petition, but as soon as this story started gaining notion from political websites and movements, they immediately chickend out.
Maybe better not do it? One thing, mock that game and scare publisher about potential market losses, the other thing is welcoming government into regulation of game industry. Especially russian government. I am pretty sure, that results will be very idiotic and shameful. Also russian government not so long ago put 40m$ into film, that makes CoH2 very adequate and truthful representation of WW2, so I don't know, how would they explain difference between them.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Maybe better not do it? One thing, mock that game and scare publisher about potential market losses, the other thing is welcoming government into regulation of game industry. Especially russian government. I am pretty sure, that results will be very idiotic and shameful. Also russian government not so long ago put 40m$ into film, that makes CoH2 very adequate and truthful representation of WW2, so I don't know, how would they explain difference between them.
What film?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom