Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Turd Vegas

Dragula

Augur
Holy shit endgame was boring. The game builds up for this epic standoff in the hoover dam. But HAHA, it took like 30 minutes and did not feel epic at all.

Fuck you very much Obsidian. Hail Caesar.

Dragula

Augur
Fuck you you dumb fucking Lithuanian.

It's not the lack off robots, it's the way they try to portray the siege, when all you do is really run in gun down lot's of people, face a boss and then it is done.

Dragula

Augur
Yes.

So I joined up with Caesars Legion and we storm the hoover dam. It's about 15 minutes on shooting NCR up on the top of the dam. Then it's 15 minutes shooting inside the dam, and then there is a boos who I convinced to surrender with my awesome speech skill, and then the game was over.

So what did it need to feel "epic"? Fight should have lasted several days with millions of troops storming in?

Dragula

Augur
Multidirectional said:
So what did it need to feel "epic"? Fight should have lasted several days with millions of troops storming in?
Because the dialogue portrayed it as such.

Dragula said:
Yes.

So I joined up with Caesars Legion and we storm the hoover dam. It's about 15 minutes on shooting NCR up on the top of the dam. Then it's 15 minutes shooting inside the dam, and then there is a boos who I convinced to surrender with my awesome speech skill, and then the game was over.

You shoot Frank Horrigan in the face with some turrets if you're smart.

You shoot Frank Horrigan in the face with some Enclave troopers you convinced to join you if you have good speech skills.

You shoot Frank Horrigan in the face if you have a big gun.

You shoot Frank Horrigan in the face if you have a small gun.

You shoot Frank Horrigan in the face if you have an energy weapon.

You stab Frank Horrigan in the face if you have a melee weapon.

Same fucking thing as New Vegas. You fight some trash and then you fight a boss.

Dragula

Augur
Fuck you all, it's the fucking endgame, it has to be some form of gratification. And it felt unrewarding.

Dragula

Augur
25 - 30 hours for me, I hate exploring empty voids, so if you're into that it can last longer. I did all quests I could though.

What games do have good endings though? What does an ending need to be good?

And where does an ending start? With the endboss/location? or after they are defeated/found/raped and the cutscenes/movie/writing begins?

To be honest, endings in a game have never really fussed me. If it is a good game, then the ending makes me wish that it had not come so soon. With the few rubbish games I have forced myself to play through, it is like a nice drink of water to a parched throat regardless of content. I haven't forced myself to finish a game for many a year now though. I just don't buy games I know I won't like.

Dragula

Augur
Pffft, I played it on the PC.

Regarding to what makes an endgame good, I don't know really. First of all you get a big screen saying "THIS WILL TRIGGER ENDGAME ARE YOU SURE?" and then you get teleported to big endgame fight that is not so big as they make it sound.

I liked the ending in Fallout 1, that felt rewarding. The one in Fallout 2 was also pretty good, and it felt rewarding when you took down Horrigan. Hell, even Arcanum had better end gamem or Planescape Torment.

What I want in an endgame is gratification, feel like I have accomplished something for finishing everything. The ending sliders were great and showed what happened to most of the different locations, it's just the area right before the sliders that bugs me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom