Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Turd Vegas

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
AndhairaX said:
The entire fallout franchise sucks. Its way too overrated and boring.

try harder, newfag.

Vaarna_Aarne said:
You know, I've started to obsessively check every Volourn post now. Just because seeing him talk to himself was just about the funniest shit ever.
DON'T. Quit while you're ahead. Sure, reading Volourn's posts is a cheap lulz high at a first, but overexposure to such toughly diseased soul ultimately leads to despair and chronic substance abuse.

Just say no.

SoupNazi

I thought the "Wild Card" ending with Yes Man was pretty good, and epic. Nothing like
marching along the top of the dam with an army of Securitrons around me wiping everything in sight out effortlessly.
The Legion camp behind the dam was sort of a disappointment for some reason (might have been bugged - there were only about two enemies in when I infiltrated it) and the boss was literally retarded (weaker than foot soldiers when shot, and easily talked into anticlimactically retreating. Don't know if he could actually surrender. Of course, then it inclined greatly and the final ending really redeems the rest of the game for me:
When I was walking away from the camp, president Kindell blows up the gate and waltzes in with NCR in salvaged power armor, surrounding me. As he thinks he's won, my army of Securitrons pops up behind him. I talk him into surrendering but then betray him and order Yes Man to throw him off the dam.
What's great is that they actually show that, complete with arms and legs flapping about:
SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE
Yes, that's Yes Man in the tower, and that's the president falling down right there. :smug: He actually gets punched and everything, screams and all. This ending really redeemed the painful experience that teh rest of the game with the horrible Gamebryo was.

fizzelopeguss said:
Why is it that no RPG can do a decent end battle?

Because there hasn't been a decent end battle in any RP game a newfag would have played, thats why. Try out CRPG's from the 80's and early 90's, then come back and say this.

Secretninja

Cipher
The president got picked off by a legion sniper or something, and a general with some rangers showed up instead of him for me. Replaying as legion now.

Tycn

Savant
President survived but it was still the general that showed for me. Whole thing felt rather anticlimatic.

It also crashed three times during the ending slides at three different points. I can't be bothered trying again. It was certainly the journey and not the destination that made the game for me.

SoupNazi

It might have been a general who showed up for me actually, now that you mentioned it.

Achilles

Arcane
fizzelopeguss said:

Well, most games have shitty endings because the developers cobble something up quickly in order to get the game out the door. They really should create the endings in the beginning of the development cycle.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Blackadder said:
fizzelopeguss said:

Because there hasn't been a decent end battle in any RP game a newfag would have played, thats why. Try out CRPG's from the 80's and early 90's, then come back and say this.

Title names and screenshots please.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS ULTIMA 3 AND 4 HAD THE BEST ENDFIGHTS I HAVE EVER SEEN

SO DID MM TWO FOUR AND FIVE

BROS THOSE ARE THE ONLY AWESOME OLDCHOOL AWESOME BOSSFIGHTS I REMEMBER

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
BLOBERT said:
BROS ULTIMA 3 AND 4 HAD THE BEST ENDFIGHTS I HAVE EVER SEEN

SO DID MM TWO FOUR AND FIVE
:/

I would've thought you were joking with U3/4 and MM5, but MM2 and MM4 did have boss fights. And they sucked.

Sorry.

BRO OYU MUST BE JOKNG MM2 AND MM4 BOSSFIGHTS WERE TOTALKY POPAMOLE SHIT LOLOLOL

2vsixxw.jpg

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO I AM SORRY MY SARCASM WAS TOO ADVANCED

I WAS AWARE THE ULTIMAS HAD NO END BATTLE AND MM5 DIDNT REALLY HAVE ONE AND MM4 THE GUY DIED IN ONE HIT

BRO I COULDNT EVEN REMEMBER THE MM2 ENDFIGHT I JUST REMEMBER THE LAME PUZZLE

SO WHAT I DID WAS GIVE EXAMPLES OF OLDSCHOOL GAMES WITH A VERY LAME OR NONEXISTENT BOSS AS A COUNTERPOINT TO THAT ONE GUY

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
BLOBERT said:
SO WHAT I DID WAS GIVE EXAMPLES OF OLDSCHOOL GAMES WITH A VERY LAME OR NONEXISTENT BOSS AS A COUNTERPOINT TO THAT ONE GUY
Ah see, now it makes sense, I thought you were using sarcasm and only listing games with NO boss fight. Your sarcasm was, indeed, too advanced, but that's why we love you :love:

fizzelopeguss said:
Title names and screenshots please.
Storm of Zehir.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't notice we were only going for 80's and 90's games :smug:

Eyeball

Arcane
Does NV have a Perlman-voiced ending slideshow of FO2 proportions or does it simply promise 500 endings and then give you 3 like FO3 did?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

SoupNazi

Havoc said:
That's the whole point? After you kill or talk your way out of it with the general... the game ends. You were using some mod?
Actually you get to run around until Yes Man catches up with you and initiates further dialogue (unless you choose the "throw the general off the dam" option). At first I tried killing Yes Man, upon realizing he's invincible I walked around him and tried leaving, only to stumble into an invisible wall with static objects posing as robots and levitating above ground behind it.

I know that what I was doing was basically game-breaking behavior, but would it really be so hard to at least place the models correctly? Or maybe drop actual NPCs there - oh wait no, shitty Gamebryo engine - well at least drop actual NPCs there, then make static models out of their natural poses in the environment?

It's just lazy. Just like this:

Shit buggy armor skirt that looks retarded when you sit down.

Guns randomly attached to Lily's melee weapon

or the infamous

"I'll just free these prisoners here, YOU LEGIONNAIRES WHO HAVE BEEN HOLDING THEM HOSTAGE CAN JUST WATCH AND NOT TRY TO STOP ME OR THEM"

incident. The game just oozes "lazy" from every orifice and at one point it just gets really irritating. I get bugs like enemies spawning underground or in walls, or graphic bugs, right, that happens. But when I murder the entire population of the overtaken NCR prison camp (the one the Powder gang took over) and don't leave a single soul from that place alive, but then the ending slides tell me that the gang moved on or whatever, COMPLETELY IGNORING THAT I MURDERED ALL OF THEM, it's annoying. I mean how hard would it be to go all like "hey, game, if the status of all or most of the NPCs in the camp is -murdered by the player-, then change the ending slide"?

Don't take me wrong, the game itself isn't all bad and I sort of enjoyed it, and if some of these bugs are repaired in a patch or something, I might think about replaying it too. But it's so ridden with bugs that are mostly the result of someone's laziness that I just can't help but be angry with it, just like I was angry with the initial release of Armed Assault and a plenora of other bugged games.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I tried it using legionnaire armor too and they attacked me. I thought I was being clever too.

Anyways about the ending, it was a bit abrupt, I fast travel to the dam oh the battle is already pretty much over. I figured there would be some sort of intro sequence to it.

What really bothered me was that I spent a bunch of time trying to manage my reputations, then at the end they all just get reset. Oh, ok. Now, I DO like the choice you get between factions, even if it means doing the same quests in almost the same way.

I beat the game just a few hours ago, I did the Yes Man ending. I was originally going to do that, but Mr. House convinced me he is pretty much The Patrician so I'm going to go with him next game.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Is the speech ending like FO3s speech ending? where you do all this stuff, kill all these people and then it takes like 10 sec to convince the bad guy to your point of view. Always though it was kinda a jip.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom