Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Quest XI

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also is it weird the most she turned me on is when she pass away in thr fight and the camera pans over her unconscious body?

I mean teh unconscious condition maybe probably didnt matter as much as the arch and curves on her back. I love ladies back curves

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
sylv teaching golden boy the beauty of boys love
bVb5ptL.jpg

eQyn3Ag.jpg
ByVBqN8.jpg

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
more photos:
cC1X3lT.jpg

M1VxRVI.jpg
V3MaChY.jpg

vP2u9o2.jpg
KWkqf7w.jpg
fRZz9jv.jpg
NJCGQim.jpg
BnaQhxT.jpg
2rwwC76.jpg
prrbI3t.jpg
i74QxHj.jpg
63LR16T.jpg

turns out getting monsters in the frame where you want is pretty hard, harder than waiting for NPC because they loop >_>

i waited like 5 minutes for that man-o-war. this is kinda ike real life wild photography which i rarely done.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Tried to get perfect "around elves watch yourselves" troll picture once but i'm too lazy for this job.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
You can use the DQ11 version of SpecialK's mod (it's in the game's Steam forum) to turn off specific shaders.

Inside the thread "Engine.ini tweaks" someone posted the specific shaders that display the mini-map, game text (all text), and a few other things which you can then select inside the SpecialK menu and disable.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
For the shader values?

.\steamapps\common\DRAGON QUEST XI\Game\Binaries\Win64\d3d11_shaders.ini

That's where those go. Would just look like this in an otherwise empty file. :)

[DrawState.Pixel]
C8C28D7C=Disable

Can also bind it to a custom ini and call it via hotkeys but that's a bit extra work if you just want a certain effect disabled. :)

Say d3d11_shaders_hud.ini though the name can be just about anything.

[DrawState.Pixel]
26C739A9=Disable
7A28C784=Disable
7DC782B6=Disable
D95BE234=Disable

Let's see now this was for the mini map, mini map outline, text and UI elements as I recall and I still have to find the one for the battle flee outline or circle and the damage numbers I think it was is also left.

And then in dxgi.ini for the settings for SpecialK itself you can add this.

[Macro.HUDToggle]
Shift+F3=D3D11.ShaderMods.ToggleConfig d3d11_shaders_hud.ini
Shift+F4=D3D11.ShaderMods.ToggleConfig d3d11_shaders_outline.ini

(Outline would be how I toggle the black outline texture.)

Or whatever key combo and file combination you prefer to use. Can also be used for just about any shader but that needs using the D3D11 Render Tools from the SpecialK in-game menu and then browsing through vertex and pixel shaders by hand and finding what they do which is a bit complicated if you've never used this functionality before. :)

(And compute shaders but I find those to be pretty sensitive to adjustments so if things go badly at best the game crashes, at worst it's the display driver that will crash and hopefully reset gracefully but that might not happen.

You download SpecialK mod-injector, start the game and go to the thing's menu tab labeled "D3D11 Render Tool" inside the D3D/Rendering section, then on the left side there will be the list of active Pixel Shaders and you just find the ones ^above listed and right-click disable them.

Alternatively you can create a text file and rename it to d3d11_shaders.ini inside game install folder (which is also where the SpecialK files will be located as well) and paste the above codes for the pixel shaders so that they are disabled already when you launch the game.

EDIT: I mean the game's executable folder.

newtmonkey

Arcane
After scouring the Internet (not really), I discovered that the US Steam version of this is not region locked for Japan, so I was able to finally get this. It probably will never be released legit on Steam in Japan, or if it does, it will take 5 years and cost equivalent of 80USD. I even got it from a legit reseller, rather than my goto for Japanese games that are never released in Japan (G2A).

It's in English only, which is fine by me as I'm sure they did a great job translating it and don't really care to find out otherwise since I don't give a shit to be honest. I blew my wife's mind a bit showing her this game, as she played the 3DS version of the game and the PC version vs that is like the Mona Lisa vs the Mona Lisa made from shit by a one-legged meth addict.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
The graphics ar-- rather, the ART design and use of color (and any other fancy art terms) in this game are fucking mind-blowing. Texture-wise it's nothing special and I doubt the polygon count is very high by modern standards but goddamn is this game pretty.

Also the localization so far has been top-notcvh. Obviously I didn't play the jap version to compare but I can't imagine it being any better.

newtmonkey

Arcane
I like how it looks. Very clean looking and locations are memorable. It's nice to play a modern game where I don't have to go into ini files to shut off weird post-processing effects so that it looks like a fuckin game rather than it was shot on a piece of shit camera by amateurs.

Fred

Learned
Anyone still plays on hard or have you all reduced to normal when it became hard ? (I remember everyone playing on hard here when the game was released).
I still routinely wipe on random battles (well, especially in new regions when the monsters are "upgraded"), surprise attacks are the bane of my party, like those robots (the one you can ride, they jump very high) who surprise me, they're only 2 so it's cool, and they use 4 paralyzing breath attacks for 70 damage to everyone before I can act, ok :D
Right now I'm exploring because I'm stuck on a boss, it has 3 attacks/round (I remember it was 2 on normal, i think) and I can't beat it, not even close. If some of you still play on hard I'd like to discuss strategies. In normal 3 atk/round were reserved for end game bosses. It's also bad because debuffs duration are per action (usually 4 actions duration).

Okagron

Prophet
late bosses in 8 were just annoying when they spammed the Distortion Wave to remove your buffs (including tension) every 3rd turn.
Got my tension at the level i want, got my strongest attacks ready, next turn this prick is getting nuked. Cue in the boss getting first in the turn and using Disruption Wave.

:rage:

I recall some even used whenever they felt like. Yeah, you could get Disruption Wave two turns in a row.

Dragon Quest 11 sounds like the Dragon Quest i know and love and the graphics look pretty great. Gonna get this very soon.

Fred

Learned
To be fair in DQ8 if you managed to ooomph Jessica, tension her to 50 or 100 (and sap the boss as a bonus), he twin dragon slash was doing ridiculous levels of damage, like 1500-3000+ (as soon as you had it, not even in end game). So without measures in place to make that a risk you would be able to destroy everything. In fact in DQ11 each hit from multihit attacks get bonuses from ooooph (only the first hit got the bonuses in DQ8), which make multihit attacks even better.
Too bad I had a 100% walkthrough demonstrating all this in my youtube channel but it got nuked last month xD

Jinn

Arcane
Anyone still plays on hard or have you all reduced to normal when it became hard ? (I remember everyone playing on hard here when the game was released).

Absolutely still playing with Stronger Monsters, and still having fun and challenging encounters 50 hours in.

Fred

Learned

Absolutely still playing with Stronger Monsters, and still having fun and challenging encounters 50 hours in.
Nice, I'm around 42 hours so you must be a little farther than me, how did you beat
The painting boss ? She destroys me so hard, her desperate attack especially, seems she does that every round. I can craft resist confuse accessory, did you do that ? Basically rounds go like : desperate attack for 150-200 damage, killing or nearly killing someone, then laser attack for 70 damage to all, then she charms someone or do a random attack which isn't important at this point

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

yeah, randon encounters are actually fun with the harder monsters option. At least when entering new areas, fighting randos require you actually to usr tactics and spells or they would wipe the floor with you.

Bosses are different level of fun. The tension of somethjng could go wrong or they could pep in the wrong time and blast you off is a great feeling.

Jinn

Arcane
Nice, I'm around 42 hours so you must be a little farther than me, how did you beat

I've been taking my sweet time with this game, exploring every nook and cranny, so I haven't made it to that boss. I'm sure I'm not too far away from it though.

Hyperion

Arcane
The tension of somethjng could go wrong or they could pep in the wrong time and blast you off is a great feeling.
This is a great feeling, you never know when you're gonna get your ass handed to you, and have to go on the defensive for the next 4 turns. A Cannibox using Whack on Serena, then making a Desperate Attack on Veronica before you can move, however, is not fun.

Spider boss in Octagonia wasn't too bad, but the opening turn doing 60+ to everyone and lowering their defense suuuucked. Fortunately, Care Prayer is an EXCELLENT Pep Power to have available on Turn 1. Made the rest of the fight a cake walk.

Reinhardt

Arcane
If i can't kill boss i go and grind more levels. I don't know this will work in post-game at level cap(if there is one) but for now it's good strategy.

Fred

Learned
I got it at level 29 ! (was lvl26 when I first meet him). But seems a lot of people are level 40 when they meet this boss, now I understand why there's so many differences in difficulty perception. (and I don't rush, I completed all side quests, explored everything I can, but I have a tendency to not fight anything unless I need to)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom