Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Moar Fallout 4 Screenshoot taken from isometric

tumblr_nz6ep3Clgq1qj8vjfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nz6ep3Clgq1qj8vjfo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nz6ep3Clgq1qj8vjfo8_1280.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Tell Tale Presents: A Fallout Adventure?
Whateve it is, just don't sell it as RPG.

Last edited:

racofer

Thread Incliner
It's amusing how entering VATS with a melee weapon automatically teleports your right in front of your enemy.

Very Awesome Teleporting Simulator.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some NMA users did another google hangout where we talked about fallout 4 among other things.

Not like I'd recommend listening to the whole thing but you know, it's a thing.

Wait a minute.

So you help Travis, and stop him from sounding like he's about to piss himself on the radio, 'kay. Fine. He thanks you, the Vault Dweller, and will read stories where you're mentioned with a congratulatory tone from there on out. He knows you and you're bros. "Look what he's up to now."

So why, oh why, is there a confident version of the 'someone was seen in a Vault 111 suit, looks like we have a Vault Dweller on the loose' story?! You know who that is, Travis. He's talked to you, he's the reason you don't want to make listeners gouge their ears out anymore!

Jozoz

Prophet
Some NMA users did another google hangout where we talked about fallout 4 among other things.

Not like I'd recommend listening to the whole thing but you know, it's a thing.

Oh you're from NMA? I knew I had seen that avatar some place else!

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
It's been slow thread lately, i guess the hype is really down and it shows how boring this game actually is.

Even making fun of it, doesn't fun anymore.

Last edited:

Zerginfestor

Learned
It's been slow thread lately, i guess the hype is really down and it shows how boring this game actually is.

Even making fun of it, doesn't fun anymore.

pretty much. This is what happens when a game is trying to become everything into one genre: it becomes so stretched out, it becomes a bland mile-long paper-thin image.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
pretty much. This is what happens when a game is trying to become everything into one genre: it becomes so stretched out, it becomes a bland mile-long paper-thin image.

I don't even think, mod and upcoming DLC will fix boringness in the game.

The base game is just f*cking boring, nothing to bitch about (aside some really inane quest and lore breaking). but the game itself is really THAT boring, how is that even possible.

I can't see myself playing past 20 hours (just main quest) in this game.
I watch side-quest on youtube and i was right it's not really worth to complete all of them.

Zerginfestor

Learned

I don't even think, mod and upcoming DLC will fix boringness in the game.

The base game is just f*cking boring, nothing to bitch about (aside some really inane quest and lore breaking). but the game itself is really THAT boring, how is that even possible.

I can't see myself playing past 20 hours (just main quest) in this game.
I watch side-quest on youtube and i was right it's not really worth to complete all of them.

it's gone on to the point I'm thinking about trying to make some mods of my own for New Vegas, I especially had a lovely idea of putting the Deathclaw Gauntlet weapon upon Brass Knuckles/Spiked Knuckles, making Dual wield gauntlets with stats and whatnot for people to enjoy.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Bethesda games have never been about the mainquest, it's about dumping countless hours into hiking and exploring. Nothing new there.

Just "roleplay" that your toon can into reading and comprehansion, realizes that 60 years have past since babbie was abducted and forget about that fool's errand.
Turns out that even the unmarked "explore XYZ" are better than the sidequests, since Beth has made some really nice interiors, telling their own stories without many words. Or the Railroad quests sending you to unmarked vantage points. I wonder how many consoletards found the way up to the monorail without a questmarker...

I am actually surprised how dark FO4 is compared to the cartoonish FO3, with people being tortured, mutilated or whatnot on a regular basis. Certainly gives the player a lot more reasons to shoot raiders on sight than just being a bunch of weird looking people that can't shoot straight. Or the gunners, finally an explaination where all the army materiel has disappeared to instead of, lol, the "Talon Company". Jumping into a settlement defense just to be greeted by 10 guys in sturdy combat armor wielding assault rifles was an unpleasant surprise...

That said, I am still having fun exploring and now at lvl 40 I even have a reason to wip out one of those OP guns I had stored, even tho the enemy's higher DR means my trusty 10m SMG is starting to become dead weight.
It's not GOTY material, but good for what it is. Reminds me a lot of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., just without shaky breaky. Unsure how that translates to replay value.

Now let them team up with Obsidian for "Fallout: New Quebec, eh" and we finally get a great game.

Lhynn

Arcane
Yup, i just uninstalled a couple days ago, its banal shit boring and pointless. Mods can fix it a part of it tho, especially quest mods with decent content but also mods that overhaul the combat and the settlement mechanics. Maybe in a year ill get a few more hours out of this game, but right now its just shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom