Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

10 power armors, from T-45s to a couple X-01s, and there is one universal truth; right leg armor is by far the rarest. It vexes me.

If you're high enough level you can find a full suit of X-01 on the top of some tower, guarded by some bots. I forget the exact location, but it's near Goodneighbor.

Oh I have a full X-01 suit, got it in the National Guard Armory. The problem is all the other suits I've been piecing together. So far the only other complete suit is a T-51 I gave to Preston before he wandered off to the Castle. He's been waiting on me to get there for about two and a half weeks now.

With five of the suits the only missing piece is, you guessed it, the right leg armor.

10 power armors
Ohh the time when to get powerful required some effort.:(

Well to be fair to get the X-01 I had to slog through Feral Ghouls, tons of automated defenses, hacking that if it weren't Bethesda'ed would probably take a high skill/Intelligence rating to do, etc. And upon leaving ran right into my first hostile Sentry Bot. For a second I thought the one at the Disposal Yard had glitched and come after me.

ArchAngel

Arcane
10 power armors, from T-45s to a couple X-01s, and there is one universal truth; right leg armor is by far the rarest. It vexes me.

If you're high enough level you can find a full suit of X-01 on the top of some tower, guarded by some bots. I forget the exact location, but it's near Goodneighbor.

Oh I have a full X-01 suit, got it in the National Guard Armory. The problem is all the other suits I've been piecing together. So far the only other complete suit is a T-51 I gave to Preston before he wandered off to the Castle. He's been waiting on me to get there for about two and a half weeks now.

With five of the suits the only missing piece is, you guessed it, the right leg armor.
I was there, I didn't find any X-01 suit. I think what you get is dependant on your level. Items level scale like most of this crappy game.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria

I was there, I didn't find any X-01 suit. I think what you get is dependant on your level. Items level scale like most of this crappy game.
Yeah, think it only starts spawning when you hit level forty or something. Once you reach that there is one suit that's pretty much 100% assured to spawn, but it's at the top of some military building in the Boston ruins.

Using the suit, especially when fully upgraded, is pretty going to a knife fight with the fucking death star though.

Yeah, think it only starts spawning when you hit level forty or something. Once you reach that there is one suit that's pretty much 100% assured to spawn, but it's at the top of some military building in the Boston ruins.

Using the suit, especially when fully upgraded, is pretty going to a knife fight with the fucking death star though.

I got it at level 34 (39 right now). Upgraded it, used the Revere Satellite Array and a shit load of Super Mutants inhabiting it as a operational testing ground and then parked it back in Sanctuary. It sits there, Flame Red, among my works in progress. When I finally get to the Castle I'll probably bust it out, alongside my 'Big Boy' Fat Man, Quad Missile Launcher and modded minigun. Gonna overkill the shit out of the Queen.

Otherwise there's zero need to use any of that stuff. They're just curiosities.

Last edited:

typical user

Arbiter

I got it at level 34 (39 right now). Upgraded it, used the Revere Satellite Array and a shit load of Super Mutants inhabiting it as a operational testing ground and then parked it back in Sanctuary. It sits there, Flame Red, among my works in progress. When I finally get to the Castle I'll probably bust it out, alongside my 'Big Boy' Fat Man, Quad Missile Launcher and modded minigun. Gonna overkill the shit out of the Queen.

Otherwise there's zero need to use any of that stuff. They're just curiosities.

Then I must be lucky because I am replaying this game (that's right, second playthrough, I am officialy retarded) and always happen to find full suits of X-01 before T-60s or even T-51s. First time I had 28th level and found it in South Boston Checkpoint or whatnot guarded by Gunners. It was easy to get as I sneaked up around building, was surprised when I found it, said "you done dumbfucks just wait for me to snatch this baby", hacked hard terminal and exterminated those poor idiots for not placing even one land mine near their treasure. Second time I found it in National Guard Training Yard or whatever it is called, behind average lock in some huge cargo container. Another incomplete one was in Armory and I had level 30? This game just bitch slaps you with power armours. I found two in train tracks near Concord one is along the way to Lexington other one to Outpost Zimonja. I miss the times where you had to survive The Glow or have some wits to get into Navarro without starting next World War. In Fallout 4 you are teh chosen onah, you need to have best items in first 30 minutes.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Every hit seems to splatter a liter of blood, no matter the enemy or your weapon. Shooting ghouls with a minigun looks incredibly stupid. That's what this game seems to be about: splatter swimming pools full of blood, and have as cinematically as possible as much limbs blown off as possible. With phat loot and moronic uniques.

There doesn't seem to be much else to do, except if you like a halfway aborted game building sim.

I haven't played it and I'm not even planning to buy it (give Beth money for it) for the mods. Which is a shame, because I really anticipated it.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
Meh i started one new characters, i hate the minutemen and everything that has to do with them so i avoided them completly and went directly to the policestation with level 4?
I cleared that synth building with danse with level 6, it was alot more interesting this way... But still not interesting enough to actually play it again, after 5hrs in into the second
"playthrough" i uninstalled the game.

Anyway, to have more "fun" with this game you should be underleveld as fuck, i cleared the castle on my first playthrough with level ~10?

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
32zjk1g.png

Every hit seems to splatter a liter of blood, no matter the enemy or your weapon. Shooting ghouls with a minigun looks incredibly stupid. That's what this game seems to be about: splatter swimming pools full of blood, and have as cinematically as possible as much limbs blown off as possible. With phat loot and moronic uniques.

"Geez, Bloody Mess is ridiculous. Never using that again."

"Wait till Fallout 4. You won't have a choice."

pippin

Tactics at least has neat combat.

And doesn't pretend itself as RPG.

There are still choices to be made here and there, like deciding if you allow ghouls or deathclaws into the Brotherhood and etc. I can see why some people were so butthurt about the lore. I mean, this Brotherhood crucified people like the Legion. However, I think it should be pointed out that blimps were common for the Midwestern Brotherhood... but they dedicated themselves to kill shit dead, which is better than whatever the BoS is doing in FO4.

Aoyagi

Scholar
I'm a TES fan who didn't care for FO until 4 (yes I've tried NV and 3) so they must be doing something right to hook me.
Clearly this is the right thing to do with a franchise.

Zerginfestor

Learned

"Geez, Bloody Mess is ridiculous. Never using that again."

"Wait till Fallout 4. You won't have a choice."

that perk just ruins any hope in lategame if someone is foolish enough to max it out.

No, I mean that the blood splatters and explosive de-limbing now happen by default in Fallout 4. The perk just adds a little bit to what's already there.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
right leg armor is by far the rarest. It vexes me.
For me it's the right leg on higher tier leather armor. 40+ levels and not a single one. Sure, I could just buy one for 50 caps, but real men trannies womyn live off the land. :salute:

basically the game is too easy on the lower difficulty modes and if you crank it up to "survival" every basic enemy becomes a bullet sponge for the low-mid tier weapons... at the same time they can 2hit you if you don't wear a power armor...
If you stick to the same "classic setup" (vaultsuit, leather armor, hunting rifle/10mm) the whole time, once you hit 40ish it becomes hairy at normal difficulty as well, since everyone and their mother gets combat rifles and whatnot higher tier armor.
Sure, it's not really thaaat challenging when you slog around 400 stimpacks, 100 pounds of food items and the Curie unit distracting them by... punching their faces, but at least you can't run around like John Ramboski anymore.
Of course I could make it trivial again by just wearing ballistic weave plus sturdy combat for... what, 200+ armor, but I like it the way it is.

Tho it's not exactly a good sign if you gimp yourself on purpose to get the most out of a game...

DeepOcean

Arcane
On the middle of a crater made by a nuclear bomb and surrounded by deadly radscorpions and deathclaws live cultists that worship the atom and wear no protective suit, Fallout became comedy.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
They have come to see the light! :salute:
Ironically, that's still an improvement over FO3's Megaderp and Little Lamplight...

For all it's "high radiation", the player still can wander the glowing sea with just popping an occasional RadX for good measure. Can't have players locked out of the marvelous mainquest who are too stupid to get a suit or a fusion core for the free pick-me-up powah armoah, can't we?

typical user

Arbiter
On the middle of a crater made by a nuclear bomb and surrounded by deadly radscorpions and deathclaws live cultists that worship the atom and wear no protective suit, Fallout became comedy.

What about Diamond City, where everyone freaks over synths yet they don't care that whole Boston is filled with raiders, gunners and supermutants fighting everyday?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Because the green (now blue :lol:) wall, the great guardian, keeps them safe from outside threats. But OMG synth infiltrators are not kept away from it.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Imagine that Doritos overweight smelly nerd friend that only leave his basement once a year to go to comic con to do some animu cosplay and make YouTube katana videos , this would be the kind of game written by that guy .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom