Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games on drugs

LazyD

Liturgist
Multidirectional said:
I don't know a single enjoyable game that wouldn't get even more enjoyable when stoned..

Lothers said:
Manhunt was pretty cool on weed ;)

I'm stoned pretty much all the time. Anytime I'm not at work.

So about 99% of my gaming experience is under the influence of pot.

deshields538

Scholar
Rez

REZanddrugs.png

Secretninja

Cipher
Playing WoW on xanax. Totally takes the grind out of grinding, because you just take 4 or 5, drink a few beers, then wake up the next day and your character is 20 levels higher and both his professions are leveled.

LazyD

Liturgist
Secretninja said:
Playing WoW on xanax. Totally takes the grind out of grinding, because you just take 4 or 5, drink a few beers, then wake up the next day and your character is 20 levels higher and both his professions are leveled.

Of what dosage?

once I snorted a 1mg pill (IIRC) then took like 5 bong rips. I laid down and didn't get up for a bout 2 hours to take a piss.. and that was huge chore.
My entire body felt extremely loose and weighted. I think a drooled a bit... But overall it was a great 2-3 hours.

Secretninja

Cipher
LazyD said:
Secretninja said:

Of what dosage?

once I snorted a 1mg pill (IIRC) then took like 5 bong rips. I laid down and didn't get up for a bout 2 hours to take a piss.. and that was huge chore.
My entire body felt extremely loose and weighted. I think a drooled a bit... But overall it was a great 2-3 hours.

Bars are 2 mg I think, but there are different colors that get you different levels of fucked up. 1 mg tabs are probably what I would refer to as a football, and you need to take a shitton of those to get properly fucked up.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
I've played GTA: San Andreas high. It was fun to drive around and listen to the repetitive radio. Good times.

I've also played Battlefield 2 high, but ended up crouching in a shack somewhere, with all hell broken loose around me, laughing my ass off shooting at a light fixture.

I don't smoke weed any longer :(
Now I just get drunk silly

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
It's usually a waste of time to play video games on most drugs ime.

It's fun to play video games on these drugs:

Marijuana - Christ almighty, I probably wouldn't still be playing video games w/o this one even.

Caffeine - same

Opioids - Excellent, no real loss of performance at most doses either.

Amphetamines- but it's a mild waste of time

Cocaine- but it's a plain waste of time

MDMA- Absurdly stupid waste of time unless you are coming down and are playing vintage multiplayer console/arcade games with friends, Metal Slug and Contra are where it's AT.

LSD/Mushrooms/Mescaline- If you can tell you are playing video games, it's a waste of time, if you can't tell you are playing video games, it doesn't even matter.

The drugs that make video games less fun ime:
Booze - It makes you suck hard, more prone to get angry, and horny.

Benzos - They make you suck hard, disinterested, and horny.

DXM - Makes you suck hard, walk around in circles, AND disinterested.

GHB- Makes you suck hard, disinterested, and horny.

So really, when it comes down to it, there's a very small number of drugs fit for vidya games. I know that my post is off topic, but I can't even begin to state what games are fun on drugs because most of the time that I can even muster the desire to play video games I have some sort of drug in my system.

P.S. Snorting Xanax is stupid, you don't even absorb it that way, it just runs down the back of your throat and into your stomach.

LazyD

Liturgist
Wtf is DXM? ofc I'm gonna google it right after this but.. w/e.

you people mean DMT?

edit:

ooohhh Robo trippin'. ahaha. I did that a bit back in high-school when I couldn't score a bag of weed.

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
TripJack said:
What kind of sick person knows what DMT is but not DXM
A pretentious neo-hippy who gets all of his info off Erowid and youtube? :smug:

Though to be fair, I don't know LazyD enough to pass such a judgment. :humble:

Secretninja

Cipher
Because having it run down your throat and into your stomach is much less effective than swallowing it into your stomach.

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
What Kaiserin said.
Alcohol can be pretty decent, though. When I was properly tripped out I couldn't get myself to play computer games. Everything else was much more interesting. :lol:

Also DON'T SNORT TABLETS.
Tablets contain binding agents that may lead to lung fibrosis (i.e. they kill your lungs) and bioavailabilty isn't higher either. It's most probably even lower since many need to be metabolized by the liver.

Oarfish

Prophet
None of you fags have mentioned Jeff Minter yet? The world's favourite self confessed bestialist psychedelic C-64 games developer? MS commissioned him to make the lightsynth for the 360, as the guy invented the concept.

Here's a crappy YT documentary

Squirly

Educated
micmu is smart!

I too subscribe to the stoner mentality of 'have you ever played "insert-game-here" on weed?'

Some games work, usually the ones that don't require you to pay too much attetnion.

Then again, I have fond memories of JA2, X-Com and Fallout whilst off my tree. It adds a certain dimension to everything to the point where even personalities start emerging from my little 2D characters.

No Franz! How could you miss that floater - he's standing right fucking there!

LazyD

Liturgist
Dirk Diggler said:
TripJack said:
What kind of sick person knows what DMT is but not DXM
A pretentious neo-hippy who gets all of his info off Erowid and youtube? :smug:

Though to be fair, I don't know LazyD enough to pass such a judgment. :humble:

well back in the day (high-school) we never called it DXM. We didn't know it was DXM. All we knew was if we got some cough medicine or whatever had dextromethasdhsdufhkjsdhf in it.

also wtf is Erowid. and ya i'll probably google it right after I post this like i did last time.

And no i'm not all that pretentious.. or I'd like to think I'm not. nor do I pretend to be a hippy. I am who I am. You can label me if you want.. thats cool. I'll just go back to rippin my bong :D

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
root said:
roofies and LSD.
Dear God, tell me you are fucking kidding...
though, to be fair, one time I had an X, a blotter and what I think was about 450 mg of DXM and I could see the capital letters on words being spoken. good times.
...I guess you enjoy risking your life needlessly? Combining MDMA and DXM is a recipe for disaster, disaster meaning a shallow grave. You're looking at tachardyia, serotonin toxicity, cereberovascular constriction(and consequently, cereberovascular STROKE) and hypertension there buddy.

I hope you aren't fucking around like that anymore. I may be a shameless junky, but at least I practice harm reduction.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom